Chapter 14

Of Faith and Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 14

 

“Why is she here?” Yonghwa asked as he was washing his face. Joohyun’s head emerged from the shower curtain

“I don’t know. I haven’t asked her that yet, can you please hand me the towel?”

“Arasseo” He took the towel and gave it to her and went out of the bathroom. Joohyun quickly wiped her body and toweled her hair. When she stepped out she found Yonghwa sitting on the bed

“Oppa, go out and entertain her”

“What would I say?”

“I don’t know maybe ask her what she wants, she’s your friend not mine”

He shook his head and frowned “I’m good, I’ll wait for you.”

Joohyun smiled widely. She felt warm and fuzzy. She took the first cloth that she can get her hands on and put it on. She brushed her hair and put a bit of color on her face.

“Kaja, let’s not make Korea’s top actress wait” she jokingly said

“Do you watch her drama’s? he asked

“Not lately, someone’s been keeping me so busy”

He opened the bedroom door but before going out he planted a quick kiss on her lips “He’ll keep you busier today” he whispered.

She laughed and pinched his cheeks, and that’s how they went out of the bedroom.

“I like that a lot” she replied

His eyes were teasing her until someone cleared their throat. They both looked at where the sound came from suddenly remembering they have someone else there

“Sorry Yeon Hee ssi, we took so long, have you had breakfast?” Joohyun asked

“It’s okay, I drank shake this morning”

Joohyun scrunched her nose “No can do! come on, we haven’t had breakfast, please join us at the same time we can talk” she held her hand out and motion for their guest to follow them while Yonghwa walked ahead to the kitchen. He began taking out the dishes from the cupboard “Sit Yeonhee-yah” urging the other girl as she was just standing there looking at them move.

“I hope you like scrambled eggs, that’s basically the main dish for today” Joohyun laughed “I try to be domesticated especially when he’s around” pointing the chopsticks at Yonghwa “But don’t worry we have a lot of side dishes”

“Anything is good” Yeonhee replied as she sat down

“You sure? Aren’t actresses and models have special diets or something?”

“They do” it was Yonghwa who answered “Their diet is air. Literally no food at all”

“Of course that’s not it!” Joohyun commented “Was he always this mean?” she asked Yeonhee of which she was only answered with a tight smile. If that wasn’t awkward, then she doesn’t know what is. She’s trying to make things light and easy for the three of them so Joohyun just nodded and sat opposite her. Yonghwa plopped next to Joohyun. They began eating until Yonghwa spoke

“Why are you here Yeonhee? And how did you know where to find Joohyun?” his voice curt but not rude. Joohyun bumped her knee to him to remind him, she also noticed Yeonhee’s brow shoot up.

“I don’t know why you’re even here Yonghwa, I only came for Joohyun” there was an edge of slice in her voice when she answered him

“Why shouldn’t I be here? Wherever Joohyun is I should be there right? And why are you looking for her in the first place?”

“I think your girlfriend can pretty much handle this conversation, why are you answering for her?”

“Well I was the one talking to you wasn’t I?”

If words can bite, she’d be bleeding to death by now. Her head went from one side to the other looking at whoever is talking her face showing confusion. She thought all the while that Yonghwa and Yeonhee were friends, even after they broke up but what she’s seeing now is completely different from last night. She placed her hand on Yonghwa’s lap and rubbed it to calm him. She looked at him and just smiled as if saying “I can handle this”

“since we are on this topic, how can I help you Yeon hee ssi?”

The actress raised her head higher and with a bit of air replied “I have a house that I want renovated. It’s an ancestral home that was gifted to me and Yonghwa by both our parents”

Joohyun blinked once twice three times.

“Huh?”

“Our parents bought us a house as a gift before”

She sat immobile definitely hearing what Yeonhee said but can’t seem to say anything more in return. Her body froze and for a mili second she forgot how to breathe. Yonghwa’s eyes turned cold.

“Enough Yeonhee!”

“What? I want it fix! It’s so outdated.”

“You said you’re going to sell it!”

Their voices are two notches higher and all pleasantry gone and yet there’s Joohyun still mute from earlier trying to process everything that’s going on around her.

“What do you care what I do with it? You said you don’t want any part of it!”

“You’re being your typical brat self Yeonhee. Of all interior decorators, you chose Joohyun. Really now?”

“I heard they’re the best, and you know I don’t settle for anything less Yonghwa”

All these time he was gripping Joohyuns hand under the table.

“I suggest you leave and we’ll talk about this some other time.”

They both went silent as Joohyun ran her hand through her hair slightly pulling a bunch of it to keep her alert. She suddenly felt dizzy. What is happening she thought.

When she found her voice she spoke in a professional manner “Wait. Before you both kill each other, let me talk. As much as I want to say yes to you now, since you and Yonghwa here” she looked at Yonghwa with tightened jaw the goes back to looking at Yeonhee “goes way back, there is a lot that we need to consider reason I only entertain clients in my office and not at home.”

Yonghwa can see the slight smirked from Yeonhee’s face “I thought I’d speak to you immediately and directly so we can get it done soon”

“I also have my own schedule Yeon hee ssi and other client’s to attend to, we have a league of interior designers of whom I’m sure will be available for you. I appreciate you coming here to my house and speaking to me directly about this but my business holds the highest standard for its works and I wouldn’t want to jeopardize it just because I wanted to accommodate you. How about you come see me in my office on Monday or whenever your available so we can discuss this further”

Their guest instead nodded” I understand, I should get going now, I don’t want to interrupt your day”

She stood up and went to the living room to get her bag, Joohyun followed her while Yonghwa wnet to the front door and opened it wide.

“I’ll set an appointment with you Joohyunssi. I’m sure we’ll be best friends in no time.” Yeonhee even went as far as hugging Joohyun

With clipped voice she replied “I’ll see you soon”

The actress just looked at Yonghwa as she passed by him but his face was all serious deadly. When he closed the door the first thing he said was

“I’ll explain the house Joohyun”

“Seriously oppa? A house!? Can you tell me how far along are we talking about in this relationship because I know for a fact that no one will be gifted a house if we ain’t talking about marriage here”

She had both of her hands on her hips as she paced back and forth in her living room while Yonghwa was still by the door just looking at her.

“I had all the intention of marrying her, She was all that I wanted before, her parents knew, my parents knew, it was only her that didn’t want it, didn’t agree to it”

“Wow oppa! Just wow. From last night I knew you were in love with her, she’s your first love but marriage? Really?

“You can’t fault me at something I did and felt from the past

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter