Chapter 5

Of Faith and Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5

 

ONE YEAR AGO

 

“Yeobo, can you get more drinks out for the guest?” Yoona came with handsfull of empty cupcake racks.

Jonghyun looked up from the chest freezer and nodded. Joohyun on the other hand was taking out a new batch of freshly baked cupcakes “Gone already?” she asked.

“Uh-huh” Yoona sighed as she placed the empty racks on the table counter

“Wow”

“Tiffany’s kids are little cute cupcake monsters!”

They all laughed as the mother of the cupcake monsters come sashaying in in her pink dress and fairy wings

Looking like she wanted to shout “I so love Nana’s theme!”

Jonghyun who was forced to dress as a prince frowned. It took them months to decide on Nana’s theme for her birthday, like her Joohyun immo, she’s a bit boyish but boy were they surprised when she decided a fairy tale birthday them, Appa and Eomma are the prince and the princess, Nana is the coach driver, she especially said she’s the coach driver who has whiskers just like that of Cinderella’s coach driver, her Joohyun immo, who she sited her best immo, is her co-coach driver making Joohyun dress like her meaning a spandex white leggings, curly pointed shoes, whiskers and big ears and 1800 era coats. The rest can come looking as they pleased. Joohyun was thankful she doesn’t have to bake in a big ballgown unlike what Sooyoung is wearing.

“Hello my cuties!” Tiffany greeted bringing in an empty bowl from the candy bar “This part is too cute!”

Joohyun rolled her eyes and murmured a “yeah right” followed by “the amount of sweets those children are taking in, you’d be lucky if they’ll go to bed within the day”

Jonghyun once again just nodded completely immersed in taking out boxes of juice and sodas. As they were all filling everything that’s empty they heard the doorbell rang, Joohyun being closest to the living room offered to open it.

Not even bothering to remove her big ears and whiskers she opened the door and greeted the incoming guest directing them to the backyard where the party is held. After seeing the guest being welcomed by Yoon, she went back to the kitchen to frost the cooled down cupcakes for serving

 

 

“Hey!, you guys made it!” Yoona greeted the newly entered guest

“Of course!” Taeyeon smiled back holding her gift for Nana “this is for her”

Yoona took the gift “Thanks”

“This is for your daughter”

“Thanks Boss Yong, and are these your nephews?”

“Yes, say hello kids”

“Annyeonghaseayo” the kids greeted simultaneously

“Annyeong” Yoona greeted back “let’s go to the backyard, the kids are all there, we got magicians and bubble makers, we also got fake tattoos so your choice of fun!”

Yonghwa followed his nephews and the ladies and was greeted with too much pink, glitters fluffs and screaming kids. He had enough headache from the on going bid and since Yoona is a good friend and a co-worker, he gave in in coming to her daughter’s birthday of which his brother asked him to bring his sons since they don’t have friends in Seoul.

 

He wanted to go out of town that weekend, thinking of work stresses him too much, he knew that he needs to slow down but the pressure that’s coming from everyone is taking a toll on him. If they win the bid, this is by far their biggest project and he’ll be the one to spearhead it. Ever since he got promoted, he has this mentality of proving himself, maybe because he knew people talk that since his parents own the company, technically, he doesn’t even need to lift a finger and he’ll definitely own half of it in the future. It also doesn’t help that their company made it in the TOP 20 company in Korea and made it in the TOP 100 all over Asia. The pressure is on him more than his brother since he’s working at the head office. His brother knew he wasn’t his best self so they came to Seoul for some family time.

He let his nephews go to the magician as they found vacant seats

“I’m so glad you guys could come!”

“You out did yourself once more Yoonayah, as expected” Yonghwa commented

“Thanks boss but I won’t take all the credit, my friends Tiffany, Joohyun and Sooyoung made all these possible” she replied pointing at the Pink lady and the big ball gowned lady who’s jumping form one table to another making sure the guest are all well feed and hydrated.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter