Chapter 7

Of Faith and Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 7

 

Day dreaming won’t get her anywhere and she knows it. She’s back from Jeju since last night and all the while Yonghwa was with her. She should feel constricted but she doesn’t. Joohyun associated it with having no one for almost close to a decade. There really wasn’t anything romantic to begin with but it was nice to have someone to talk to at the end of a tiring day. Kyuhyun even admitted that he like Jung Yonghwa and his presence made the Jeju stay a bit more fun than the usual work week. He will be using the villa for the duration of his stay there which made jung Yonghwa even more appealing to be his boss’ beau, if that even is the case.

She knew Jonghyun and his family will be leaving that Thursday but she decided to take the morning off, she doesn’t know why but she just suddenly feel like staying in bed a bit more and think about stuff, useful and useless at the same time. For the first time since they built the firm, she was confident that it won’t burn down if she and Jonghyun weren’t there.

She lazily brewed her coffee and sat on her living room couch, her eyes mindlessly roaming the interior until it landed on their group picture reminding her she has to phone Tiffany or else she just knew Tiffany will barge in the office to get details. “Juicy Details”

She feels tired already just thinking about it. Yoona is the easiest to deal with when it comes to the 3 girls. She’s more like Jonghyun and Joohyun who barely ask questions and with a personal motto “Live and let live” She decided to pour herself a cup of coffee before diving in to the lion’s den.

All it took was one ring and-

“OMG Seo Joohyun! Whatever did I do to you to deserve this kind of treatment?”

She had to lie down and close her eyes. It wasn’t even close to 5 seconds since Tiffany answered her call and she is close to hanging up.

“I have no time to talk about everything Tiff. Just ask and I’ll answer”

“Tsk. No! I want you to talk about everything and I’ll listen”

“no. Either you ask question or I’ll hang up. I still have to go to work in the afternoon”

“Fine! Why did he follow you?”

“I don’t know”

“SEE! That’s why I hate this method of interrogation of yours!”

“what do you want me to say? Because I really don’t know, he said he had some business then he wanted some alone time then just to follow me”

When tiff shrieked she actually had to pull the phone away from her ears. The shrieking went on and on until her friend calmed down.

“So what did you guys do?”

“Nothing”

“Nothing?! Come on Joohyun, you’re both consenting adults, staying in one roof”

“For your information Tiff, not everything has to be something that has to do with , you’re weird, stop reading your Fifty Shades of fried brain”

“I was not pertaining to that”

“Why would eating dinner have something to do with us being consenting adults?”

“Maybe you went to a movie!”

“I’m tired Tiff and my day hasn’t even began”

“okay, okay! Last batch of questions”

She rolled her eyes and sank deeper in her sofa

“Make it quick please”

“Fine! Ms. Joohyun the grouch! Did he say he like you?”

“Yes”

And another round of shrieking ensued

“Did you say you like him too?”

“Yes”

For the 3rd time that phone call, she had to remove her phone from her ear.

“So are you two together?”

“I don’t know”

“What do you mean you don’t know? He said he likes you, you said you like him, but you guys are not together?”

“See Tiff, I think this why up to now I have no one, for me, it takes more than just liking someone to be in a relationship. I need to see dedication, mutual respect, trust. I also want him to see that from me. I want something permanent, not just something to pass my time.”

She could hear her friend’s deep breath

“I know, I guess I’m just excited for you. We are all excited and happy. I know you have, time and time again, expressed tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter