Chapter 19

Of Faith and Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 19

 

Two heads are really better than one. Let alone a league of heads such s their family and friends. That has proven itself a thousand times with this wedding planning. If they didn't ask their family to leave that Sunday they probably had a sleep over especially the ladies. Trust girls to get ahead of themselves when it comes to things that has to do with urgency and flowers and dresses and parties. Joohyun could bet that by Wednesday after that exact Sunday, they probably have a portfolio for them ready to present.

__________________________________

 

"Congratulations!"

Joohyun had to stand back inside the elevator when their staff along with Jonghyun threw confetti at her as she was about to get off the lift. They were clapping and shouting congratulations over and over again. Jonghyun came forward and hugged her tightly

"Congrats Joohyun, we are all so happy for you"

Joohyun laughed "And you have to announce it to everyone huh?"

He let go and looked at her at arm length "Well, I wouldn't be able to pull off this surprise if I had to keep it to myself and besides, it's high time that we actually celebrate something that has something to do with you"

She lightly punched his shoulder and her secretary Suzy approached her next and gave her a hugged "I'm really happy for you Boss"

"Thanks Suzy!"

She was surprised to see breakfast laid out buffet style in a long table inside the office. When she saw rice and fermented crab, she knew immediately that it was Jonghyun who picked the food for breakfast, he was the only person she knows who eats fermented crabs for breakfast. There were a lot of questions thrown at her like "When is the wedding?" Where is the wedding?" "How did Mr. Jung proposed?" And she answered all of them as best as she could. To be honest it hasn't really sink in that she's already engaged let alone get married in a month. Everyone she tells that she'll get married in 4 weeks were shock. There was a part of her that wanted to cancel the wedding not because she's not confident enough that they'll be able to pull it off but the fact that everyone around them seem to have stopped their lives just to dedicate it for her and Yonghwa. But she had to admit, she like how she’s feeling. She likes the fact that both family gets along so well that it’s creepy. She likes to know that soon, she will be sharing her life now and her future with Yonghwa.

The rest of her day was uneventful except for the constant nagging of her mom through phone calls to have a list of her guests ready. She asked Suzy to have a chat with Jonghyuns secretary on the names of people the company is dealing with and is having a close relationship with. The day went on just like any other days but when the clock struck 5, the door of her office opens and in comes Mrs. Jung, her mom and sister Jana. Her smile faded and she knew that they are really getting into it. She was about to call Yonghwa when he actually came in too followed by Jonghyun, Yoona and Tiffany.

"No" she whispered

Jana smiled at her "If you think of ever getting out of this wedding , after the amount of work we put in today, I will throw you out of your window"

Eveyone laughed except for her who loosened her dress shirt.

"I think the conference room will be much more fitting to discuss this "Jonghyun offered.

“why can’t we do it here?” she asked

“It’s too cramped for all of us”

She had no choice but to follow since everyone seem to agree that it was the best place to talk about the plans. They moved to the conference room even taking Suzy with them and everyone took their seat. It was Jana and Tiffany who stood at the very front with their laptop. Joohyun and Yonghwa sat at the opposite end and looked at the two seriously.

Scratch that

Joohyun thought

It wasn't Wednesday afterall, it was actually Monday that they're presenting

She snorted. Yonghwa looked at her with questioning eyes and she just shrugged.

"Alright let's hear this" Yonghwa spoke

"Well, Suzy and Taecyeon emailed us the guest list for both you and Joohyun’s plus the guest list from both family's" Tiffany clicked on her keyboard as it was projected on the big screen "We will have a total of around 550 to 600 guest.”

"Seriously?" The couple both asked with bulging eyes

"Yup, you two are not exactly just regular employees, you both run big businesses, especially you Yonghwa" Tiff answered.

"We actually cut back the family to 150 each and that's cutting it thin" Yonghwa's mom added

"Why is it that big?" he asked

"That includes extended families"

"Why are they included?" he asked again

"Well you don't supposed to invite business colleagues but not family right? Imagine the amount of backlash me and you eomonim will have!"

"But still how about you just invite the elders and leave out the children. Anyone 20 and below are not invited"

Jana laughed" Oppa! Are you running a gambling den here? This is a wedding!"

"I know! but it's just too much. We want a wedding not a business conference"

"This IS your wedding. This is how your wedding should be" his mom reminding him

Joohyun’s mom spoke next “And besides, wasn’t it the same for you Jonghyun and Yoona?” looking at the couple who nodded then she looked at Yonghwa’s mom “How about Yunho and Boa’s wedding? Wasn’t it the same?” of which she also nodded. She then focused on the her daughter and future son-in-law “You two have to accept the fact that somehow, this will also be a merger of both your companies, one way or another, you will have to acknowledge the people who helped your business’ grow and inviting them to you wedding is one way of doing that. Remember that both your business’ will be passed on to your children. It won’t stop with you two and this is reality”

The couple where squeezing each other’s hand under the table. They were just scolded by both their moms in front of their family and friends and even Joohyun’s secretary. So there was nothing for them to do but admit they were right and continue with what was being discussed. By dinner time they were down to Intercontinental Coex or The G

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter