Chapter 6

Of Faith and Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6

 

 

Joohyun looked back before she went inside the boarding gate and saw that he was still standing there looking at her. They didn’t talk much about anything during the car ride to the airport except his parents’ house and Yoona and her family. She wanted to asked why but she’s scared that she just might embarrass herself so she waited.

The first message she got right after her plane landed was his.

“Are you in Jeju already?”

Her heart was bursting all of a sudden, recalling her past relationships, nothing in those 3 can she say were really serious, the longest relationship that she had was 6 months, she knew she was the problem, she admitted it. She was too focus on building the business with Jonghyun that she doesn’t have time for anything except work .It never even gotten to the point of intimacy, it was over even before it started. She began dating again when she knew that she was ready, apparently, it was love that was not. So this with Yonghwa, she knew she might be over reacting, for all she knows, he was just being a nice person because after all Yoona who is his employee is her best friend.

But she can’t help but fall. She is afterall, a hopeless romantic. It has been awhile since she spent time with a guy aside from Jonghyun. Looking back in those few instance that she was with him, she laughed a lot, she enjoyed every minute that they were together, whether they be talking about work, their business or personal stuff.

She like all of them.

She like him.

A whole lot.

“Yes, just arrived, still in the plane, waiting for the door to open”

“That’s good then”

“Aren’t you accurate?”

“But of course I am”

She smiled and looked out the window, the sun is shinging brightly in Jeju, barely 10 in the morning.

“Okay boss you’re smiling a lot there, it’s nice and creepy”

She looked beside her and saw Kyuhyun staring at her.

“Really?”

“Yup. Like not goofy smile but dazed smile”

“Ah, don’t mind me”

“Ah-hah! I bet this is about that Jung corp CEO”

Her jaw dropped thinking of anything else except for the Jung corp CEO guy. “Of course not!”

“Come on boss, everyone has been talking about it ever since he showed up with flowers”

“Everyone?”

“Er.. it’s not like we are a big office you know”

“Really?” her face showed amazement and excitement at the same time

“See! You like him huh?!”

“I don’t!”

“I’ve been your assistant for 3 years, you’re the godmother of my child and you’d think I wouldn’t know just by looking at you if something is off?”

The passenger began alighting and they both stood up ready to get their carry ons

“Okay let’s just say, I’m just taken by his attentiveness?”

“As long as you’re happy boss, that’s all we want”

“Thanks”

Kyuhyun opened the overhead cabin to get his luggage and was about to assist Joohyun with hers when someone beat him to it. His boss was just standing there with a surprise face looking at the man who was helping her.

And it’s none other than the Jung Corp CEO.

The CEO smiled at him and offered his hand “Jung Yonghwa imnida”

“Cho Kyuhyun imnida” he took a quick look ahead of him and saw the line is moving “shall we?”

“Let’s go” Yonghwa looked back as he put his backpack on his shoulder and is pulling Joohyun’s luggage “Joohyun?”

It was crazy of her to memorize his scent that quick, but it was even crazier when that scent reached her nose as she and Kyuhyun were taking their luggage and she knew she was losing it when someone helped her with her luggage and when she looked up she saw his face. She thought she was now imagining him given that he seem to take permanent residence in her mind nowadays.

She followed them out the plane speechless. No wonder he knew the very minute their plane landed, he was on it as well.

When they were about to que at the car rental counter

“I got my car waiting outside, I could drop you two off” Yonghwa offered

Kyuhyun was waiting for his boss to answer, apparently she seemed to have lost her voice

“That will be very nice Jung Yonghwassi but we need a car of our own to actually get around, we don’t want to impose on you”

“It’s okay, I have nothing to do here after all”

“Huh? But I thought..” Kyu trailed off and just waved his hands at the way Yonghwa was dressed

“Oh this? Props”

Joohyun who seemed to have gotten grip of reality spoke “Okay, let’s ride his car since he’s got a lot of explaining to do”

The men chuckled as Yonghwa led them to where his car is waiting

Kyuhyun knew that he needs to find his exit with all these and he found exactly just that when he suddenly had the urge to pee

“Uhm can I go to the restroom first?”

“Sure”

“Thanks”

And off he went.

Joohyun on the other hand  was just staring at Yonghwa waiting for him to talk, when he didn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter