Chapter 16

Of Faith and Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 16

 

 

True to form, Lee Yeon Hee sashayed her popular self in H&H Hub that Friday. People can’t help but stare as she walked to Joohyuns office. Even Jonghyun had to peak outside and see what everyone is talking about. She knew that story already, it was like watching a movie as Joohyun narrated what happened to him and it was like re-watching the movie as Yoona added more to the story.

“Ms. Seo” Suzy’s voice echoed through her intercom “Your 5 PM is here”

“Let her in”

When her friends ask her how she does it. She would only smile because in truth she doesn’t really know, but one thing is sure, as long as she knows that Yonghwa only loves and want her then she’s okay. The news that came out the other day wasn’t exactly what they were hoping for because her mom was right, Yeon Hee’s fans actually slandered her name and branded her as the woman who was trying to steal away their idol’s happiness. It was not supposed to be the case given that he and the actress has been separated for years now, 8 years to be exact it just so happens that they are link by their family. Yeon Hee has been rumored with dozens of men since then it’s just that something about what happened that afternoon actually triggered the media’s interest once again on them. She and Jonghyun has an inkling of what was behind it but until they can actually say that their assumption is correct, that it was Lee Yeon Hee who actually tipped the media outlets, then there is no assumptions to begin with.

“Joohyunie!” Lee Yeon Hee greeted “so happy to see you again!”

She smiled and replied “Yes, happy to see you again, please sit”

Yeon Hee sat right across Joohyun as her eyes wandered. “I like your office, it’s modern yet cozy”

“Thank you. I try to to mimic the image of home so that my client’s would feel comfortable when they are here”

“That’s nice. So when can you see the house?”

“Ah about that, I’m actually fully booked in the 6 months, my partner is also the same however I have one of our top interior decorator available for you, her name is Yuri and I’ll call her now if you want so we can discuss the renovation further”

Yeon Hee frowned “But I want you to see the house!”

Joohyun was a tad shock because there was a tiny part in the phrase where the actress actually whined.

“I understand, there is no problem with me seeing the house, I can do the ocular inspection with Yuri but after that she will be the one who you will be needing to speak with about it. I am confident that Yuri will be able to provide you with satisfactory result. She has headed numerous projects for well-known celebrities.”

“I want you to see the house. Please! Tomorrow”

She was on the verge of rolling her eyes. Nahyun is much much easier to deal with than this person sitting across her. She now wonder’s what did Yonghwa see that made him actually want to marry her.

“I can’t tomorrow, we have a convention to attend to in the morning”

“Afternoon then, afternoon” Yeon He pushed

“Afternoon it is!”

The ladies head both darted to the door where they can see a man with the deepest dimple the actress has ever seen. Joohyun’s eyes turned cold and almost threw the paper weight that’s sitting on her table but they are professionals, she can tell Yoona later that she will need to get a new husband.

“Yeon Heessi, pleasure to introduce to you my best friend and partner and co owner of H&H Hub, Lee Jong Hyun”

“Hello”

“Anyeonghaseyo, Lee Jonghyun imnida”

“Why are you two not dating?” the client blurted

“huh?”

“I mean, you two look good together” she pressed

“He is my bestfriend and he is married to my other best friend”

“Oh, that sad”

Joohyun may actually have to tell this person’s family that they may need to get a new daughter as well.

“Anyhow, thank you for saying yes Lee Jonghyun ssi, I feel that Joohyunie here just doesn’t want to accommodate me simply because I am her boyfriend’s ex fiancée”

She scoffed and almost punched the girls face but instead she chuckled “Of course not”

“So I’ll see you tomorrow okay?”

Joohyun just nodded

“I’ll be coming along as well, you are our VIP client so it is only proper that we, as the owners, should see to it that you will be taken cared off properly”

The actress beamed and jumped up to hug Joohyun “See you!”

The two followed and saw Yeonhee out. When Jonghyun was about to say something, Joohyun faced him and snarled “You better make sure you really go with me tomorrow or your death will be by my hands”

“Chill!” Jonghyun laughed and followed her back to her office. Most of their employees has gone home since it’s almost 6. They have never encouraged their workers to stay and do overtime except when they really need to as they promote work-life balance.

She stopped by her door “I’ll think about when I’ll forgive you”

“You’re not even mad Joohyun, you’re just annoyed because it’s true that you are avoiding her”

Her head jerked up and stared at her bestfriend “So what if I’m avoiding her? It’s my right to do so! If my sanity is riding on avoiding her, why can’t I do it?!”

“Because it’s something you actually have to do, you do know she won’t stop right? You said so yourself, she seems desperate”

“I know but can’t you just let me handle this my way?”

“And your way is?” her bestfriend inquired. Suzy who was supposed to go home was stuck in her seat as she tried to avoid looking at her boss’

“My way is this way Lee Jonghyun”

“Fine, I’m sorry, I just want you to finish whatever it is that you will need to do get her off your back. If you keep prolonging things with her, she may actually have the apportunity to break you and Yonghwa up”

“That will never happen”

Jonghyun shrugged “I’m your best friend remember that. I got your back”

“Go home Lee Jonghyun”

She went inside her office and shut her door. A part of her is actually screaming that her bestfriend is right. The sooner this project or whatever it is that she’s having with Lee Yeon Hee finish, the sooner she’ll be gone. Or maybe not. But it gives her the chance to limit the number of games Lee Yeon Hee will be playing. She sat at the edge of her desk and thought about the earlier encounter, as she was spacing out, she heard a knock and in came Suzy.

“Ms Seo, I’m done for the day, is there anything else you’d want me to do?”

She smiled at her secretary “N

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter