Water at 99 degrees [Ch 1]

Dear Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[A/N]: I have decided to write another slightly longer story this time. It won't be as long as "This Is Love", so don't expect too much. Once again, because this story is written under "Dear Bride", it is another round of venting. Please don't read on if you don't want to read something like you already have in the past few one-shots of this story. To those who have been standing by my side with your endless encouragement, I truly and sincerely thank you all from the bottom of my heart. Kamsahamnida! =]

________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hyunsik walked up the steps to Cube high school for the new school year with Sungjae and Changsub by his side.

 

“Good morning, guys!” said Hyunsik with his trademark eye smile.

 

“Morning, hyung!” replied Sungjae. “You seem happy today.”

 

“It’s always nice to see you, Sungjae-ah,” piped Hyunsik. “Will you be able to be with us for the whole of this term?”

 

“Yah, yah, yah!” said Changsub in a nettled tone. “Am I invisible?”

 

“You eat so much, how can you be invisible, hyung?” teased Sungjae.

 

“Aish~! You punk!” shouted Changsub, as he took a swipe at Sungjae, who ducked to avoid it.

 

Hyunsik laughed at the pair’s squabble when he suddenly felt a hand on his right arm. Hyunsik turned to see Seulgi beside him.

 

“Oh, jagiya,” replied Hyunsik with his eye smile.

 

“Aish~ don’t call her that in front of us, Hyunsik-ah!” whined Changsub, before turning to Seulgi. “Annyeong, jesu-ssi!”

 

“Annyeong, oppa,” replied Seulgi with her eye smile.

 

Hyunsik and Seulgi were known by many as the eye smile couple. They had both been teased for having slits for eyes when they smiled or laughed when they were younger. But when they entered the same high school and were placed in the same class, they soon became friends because of it. Despite his good looks and enviable physique, Hyunsik had always been shy around girls and it took him nearly a whole year before he dared to confess his feelings for Seulgi. Seulgi also carried a torch for him and was almost convinced that Hyunsik would never feel the same way for her as she did until he finally confessed.

 

“Anyway, hyung. Don't fret too much. Your jagiya is here,” teased Hyunsik, as he pointed at a figure walking up the stairs.

 

Changsub turned and saw Chorong walking up the stairs towards them. Before he could react, Sungjae shouted, “Chorong-unnie, palli! Changsub-hyung’s been waiting for too long and is getting impatient!”

 

“Yah! Micchoseo?” barked Changsub, as he took another swipe at Sungjae. Changsub turned as Chorong walked over to him.

 

“Fighting with your dongsaeng on the first day of school?” asked Chorong with a raised eyebrow.

 

“He was being rude to me!” whined Changsub.

 

“Arasso,” said Chorong, as she turned to Hyunsik and Seulgi and greeted them with a bright smile. “Annyeong, eye smile couple!”

 

“Annyeong, unnie,” said Seulgi with her eye smile.

 

“Shall we go up to class together?” asked Chorong.

 

“I need to wait for my friend, unnie. She’s enrolling as a freshman this year and I promised to look after her. Oh, speak of the devil!” exclaimed Seulgi, as she saw another figure climbing up the stairs.

 

The whole group turned to look at the girl who was coming up the stairs. Sungjae saw that she had long hair and fair skin and was a little taller than Seulgi.

 

“Annyeonghasaeyo, unnie,” greeted the girl.

 

“There’s no need to be so formal with me, Sooyoung-ah,” said Seulgi with a smile. She turned to the rest of the group and pulled the new girl slightly forward. “Let me introduce you. Guys, this is Park Sooyoung, one of my close friends. She’s enrolled in our school as a freshman this year.”

 

Sooyoung bowed as the rest smiled and did a round of introductions. For some reason, Sungjae felt that his heart was beating just slightly faster and his hands felt a little sweatier than usual when she looked at him while he was introducing himself. She smiled at him as he finished his introduction, which made his heart skip a beat. The school bell rang just as they finished their introductions.

 

“Aigoo, you should hurry to your class, Sooyoung-ah. You don't want to be late for your class on the first day of school. Hurry along now,” said Seulgi.

 

“Arasso, unnie. See you later then,” said Sooyoung.

 

Sungjae watched her walk off.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter