Dear Bride

Dear Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungjae was working on his new song for BtoB's 10th anniversary. BtoB had finally reached their 10th year. This would be one of his final contributions to the group before he enlisted. Just as he wrote the last note for his song, his phone buzzed. Putting down his pencil, he picked it up and saw something that made him doubt his own eyes.

From: Green Fish

Annyeong, oppa.

Sungjae stared at his phone.

"Are my eyes deceiving me?" said Sungjae to himself. Despite himself, Sungjae keyed in a reply almost immediately.

Sungjae: Annyeong, Sooyoung-ah.

Sooyoung: How have you been, oppa?

"How have I been?" muttered Sungjae. "I've been pining for you alone for six years. The last I heard from you was your video message to me. How have I been?"

But Sungjae knew he was being unreasonable. Had he fought harder, had he been clearer in expressing his feelings...

Sungjae: I've been great, Sooyoung-ah. How about you?

Sooyoung: I've been good too, oppa.

Sungjae: So what is it you wanna say to me? You didn't text me just to ask me how I've been, did you?

Sooyoung: Of course not, oppa. I actually have something I want to tell you face to face. Would you be free tomorrow for lunch?

Sungjae: Tomorrow? That doesn't sound good. I have to be at Cube for a group meeting with our manager.

Sooyoung: Can we meet for dinner then? It's something that I really hope to be able to tell you tomorrow in person.

Sungjae: Sounds really important, Sooyoung-ah.

Sooyoung: I wouldn't be trying to find time to meet you if it weren't, oppa. :)

Sungjae: Sure, I'm free for dinner tomorrow. Where shall we meet?

Sooyoung: How about that place where we had tteokbokki, oppa?

Sungjae raised his eyebrows at Sooyoung's suggestion.

"She still remembers that place?" asked Sungjae.

Sungjae: Sure. I'll see you there at 6pm tomorrow then?

Sooyoung: Yes, see you then, oppa! ^_^

...

"Where are you going dressed so nicely, maknae-ah?" asked Eunkwang.

Sungjae's ears flushed a deep red as he thought of who he would be meeting in a short while. Sungjae had indeed put in more effort into picking out his clothes that day.

"I'm going out to meet some friends, hyung," replied Eunkwang.

"Who are you meeting? Is it anyone we know? Why do you need to dress so nicely?" asked Changsub, who just walked out of the kitchen.

"Aish~ It's just a quick meetup with friends, hyung. You've become so naggy ever since you completed your national service," retorted Sungjae, in an attempt to cover up his anxiety.

"Arasso. Just remember to wear a mask and not to come back too late," said Eunkwang.

Sungjae nodded as he stepped out of the dorm. The walk from his dorm to the place selling tteokbokki took around 20 minutes, but it felt like no time at all to Sungjae, as he hurried to meet Sooyoung.

Although Sungjae reached at 5.55pm, he saw Sooyoung already seated at a table when he arrived. As he stepped into the place, he remembered how scared Sooyoung had been when she had her ears pierced and how he had reminded her to take her medicine after their meal here. That had also been the first time they had held hands. Sungjae smiled as he saw her and walked over to her table, before removing his mask.

"Annyeong, Sooyoung-ah," greeted Sungjae with a smile.

"Annyeong, oppa!" greeted Sooyoung brightly. "It's been so long since we last met!"

Sungjae felt a familiar warmth in his heart. A warmth that bubbled and gurgled gently as it stirred the deepest feelings in his heart, the feelings he had forced himself to box up and archive in a corner of his heart ever since their stint on We Got Married had ended.

"You still look prettier than the flowers, Sooyoung-ah," said Sungjae suddenly.

Sooyoung blushed and smiled, "And you haven't recovered from your oppa-disease at all, oppa."

The Bbyu ex-couple spent the next two hours catching up with each other. Sungjae didn't remember very much about what they shared, as he was too busy looking into Sooyoung's eyes. How he had missed looking at them. How he had pined for her in the past six years.

Their small talk finally came to an end and Sungjae finally asked, "So what was so important that you had to meet me face to face to say?"

"Oh, right!" exclaimed Sooyoung, as she reached into her bag. She fumbled in it for a while before pulling out a card and placing it in front of Sungjae. Sungjae opened the card and his eyes widened.

 

You are cordially invited to

the wedding of

Lee Hyunwoo & Park Sooyoung

 

Sungjae felt like his heart had just been ripped out of his chest, flung on the floor and stomped on. For a second that contained an eternity, Sungjae looked at the words printed on the card in disbelief. He then looked up at Sooyoung and a smile automatically stretched across his face.

"You're getting married, Sooyoung?" asked Sungjae.

"Neh, oppa. We've been going out since we starred in our drama together. It's been a few years and we're not getting any younger. He proposed to me last week," gushed Sooyoung, as she showed him her ring.

"That's... that's wonderful, Sooyoung-ah," said Sungjae with a smile, as he forced down the deluge of emotions that were threatening to burst forth. "I'm sure you two will be a very happy couple together. I wish you all the best."

"Will you be at our wedding, oppa?" asked Sooyoung.

"Of course, Sooyoung-ah. I wouldn't miss it for the world," replied Sungjae with the same warm smile, making sure his face betrayed none of the emotion he was feeling. "Are my hyungs invited too?"

"Of course, oppa!" replied Sooyoung.

Sungjae picked up the card and looked at it for a while.

"That's great! I'll let them now. Anyway, I need to go now, Sooyoung-ah. But it's been great catching up with you today. I'll see you at your wedding," said Sungjae.

"Oppa," said Sooyoung. "Kwenchana?"

"Of course I'm fine. Do I look like I'm not fine?" asked Sungjae with a laugh.

"I... I initially was hesitating about bringing you this invitation. Because..." began Sooyoung.

"Yah! How could you hesitate? I would have been very angry if you hadn't invited me, Sooyoung-ah," said Sungjae.

"Mianhe, oppa," said Sooyoung.

"For what?" asked Sungjae.

"For... back then... for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter