Water at 99 degrees [Ch 9]

Dear Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SJ: Mianhe, Sooyoung-ah. There’s really nothing going between her and me.

 

Sooyoung looked at the text on her handphone guiltily, as she woke up in Seulgi’s guest room the next morning. She knew that she should have trusted Sungjae but her emotions had gotten the better of her.

 

SY: Can we meet, oppa?

 

SJ: I’m outside your Seulgi-unnie’s house.

 

“Bwoh?!” exclaimed Sooyoung, as she read Sungjae’s reply. She hurried down in her pyjamas and flung open the front door. Sungjae was sitting on the steps leading up to her front door with his back to her. As the door opened, Sungjae turned and got up in a hurry.

 

“Sooyoung-ah!” said Sungjae, as he caught hold of her wrist.

 

“What are you doing here so early in the morning, oppa?” asked Sooyoung.

 

“I’ve been here the whole time,” replied Sungjae sheepishly.

 

“Bwoh?!” said Sooyoung incredulously. “You didn't go home?”

 

“I was afraid I wouldn’t have a chance to see you to say I’m sorry, so…” began Sungjae, before his words were lost in a sneeze.

 

“Aigoo, you’re going to catch a cold, oppa! Why were you so silly to wait outside the whole night?” asked Sooyoung frantically, all anger evaporating on the spot, as worry flooded her mind and heart at the sight of Sungjae’s state. “Come to my house now, oppa. I’ll prepare some hot soup for you.”

 

Without waiting for Sungjae’s reply, Sooyoung grabbed Sungjae’s wrist and walked off towards her house, before being pulled back.

 

“Wae, oppa?” asked Sooyoung.

 

“Pabo yah! Where do you plan on going dressed like that?” asked Sungjae, pointing at her pyjamas.

 

“Omo! I’d better return this to Seulgi-unnie. Don’t go anywhere, oppa!” ranted Sooyoung, as she realised her mistake.

 

Fifteen minutes later, Sungjae was seated in Sooyoung’s kitchen, as Sooyoung chopped a few vegetables and a small wedge of meat to boil. As a delicious smell slowly wafted through the kitchen, Sungjae sniffed the air and said, “Yaaaa…… smells good! I didn't you know you were such a good cook, Sooyoung-ah!”

 

“There’re still many things that you still don't know about me, oppa,” replied Sooyoung cheekily, as she cut up some more carrots next to the stove.

 

To her surprise, she suddenly felt a pair of arms sneak around her waist and hold her close from her back. Before she could react, she felt Sungjae’s head rest on her shoulder. Sooyoung felt her heartbeat increase, as she asked, “W-w-what are you doing, oppa?”

 

“Shhhh… let me savour the moment,” replied Sungjae with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter