Water at 99 degrees [Ch11]

Dear Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oppa…” said a gentle voice.

 

“Let me sleep a while more, eomma…” grunted Sungjae.

 

The gentle voice giggled and Sungjae felt a hand tap him gently on the shoulder.

 

“Oppa, we’re supposed to go to the amusement park together today. Wake up. I’ve made breakfast for you,” said the gentle voice.

 

Sungjae forced his eyes open and saw Sooyoung standing over him.

 

“Let me sleep a while more, Sooyoung-ah,” begged Sungjae.

 

“Andwae, oppa~ We need to go to the amusement park before the crowd comes in,” coaxed Sooyoung, as she tried to pull him out of bed.

 

Sungjae struggled and pulled back harder at Sooyoung, causing her to fall onto the bed with a scream and into his arms.

 

“That’s better. Now I have a bolster too,” said Sungjae with his eyes closed.

 

“Let go of me oppa!” squealed Sooyoung, as she smacked him on his arms and chest. “Come on, your breakfast is getting cold. Go wash up!”

 

Sungjae finally released her and got up. After breakfast, the couple got ready to head to the amusement park. Despite Sungjae’s slow start to the day, they managed to reach the amusement park quite early. They bought the all-day pass that gave complete access to all rides excitedly at the entrance. Once they got them, Sooyoung practically dragged Sungjae towards the roller coasters, as they were her favourite ride. Sungjae sportingly went on all the rides that she wanted, though by the seventh roller coaster ride, Sungjae was looking green and by the time it ended, Sungjae almost ran for the nearest grass patch, which he retched hard onto. Sooyoung ran up to him worriedly and patted his back.

 

“Oppa! Why did you force yourself to go on that ride?” berated Sooyoung worriedly.

 

“Kwenchana, Sooyoung-ah. I just… I just didn't want to rain on your parade,” said Sungjae, as he wiped his mouth. “I’m sorry I ruined the mood.”

 

“Why are you still apologising at a time like this, oppa?” said Sooyoung, almost in tears.

 

“Let me go to the washroom to wash up, Sooyoung-ah. You think of what we should ride next,” said Sungjae.

 

“How can you still ride in this state, oppa?” asked Sooyoung.

 

“Kwenchana, Sooyoung-ah. Just pick a gentler ride and it should be fine. I think I’ve ridden my last roller coaster for the day,” replied Sungjae with a laugh. “Jinjja kwenchana, pabo-yah. Don't look so worried.”

 

Sungjae walked off towards the washroom, as Sooyoung watched him go. Sooyoung did her best to push aside her feelings of guilt, as she looked around for the next ride. She smiled as she found the perfect ride for them. Sooyoung waited for nearly another twenty minutes before Sungjae came out of the washroom.

 

“Oppa, you’ve been gone a long time!” exclaimed Sooyoung.

 

“Ah, mianhe, I had a stomachache. Looks like the roller coasters made it come out both ways,” explained Sungjae with a cheeky grin.

 

Sooyoung made a disgusted sound and smacked Sungjae on his arm, before giggling and linking her arm through his.

 

“Oppa, I think we should go on that next,” said Sooyoung, as she pointed towards the lovers’ boat ride.

 

“Aaaaaeeeeeeee, that’s so cheesy. Isn’t there something better we can ride?” teased Sungjae.

 

“Oppa!” whined Sooyoung, as she smacked Sungjae’s arm again, before dragging him towards the ride.

 

The couple finally tired themselves out after spending nearly a whole day at the amusement park. As they walked out of the amusement park, they saw a roadside stall selling little trinkets. An array of rings caught Sooyoung’s eye and she dragged Sungjae over to look at them.

 

“Oppa, look! They’re so pretty!” gushed Sooyoung. Sooyoung looked them over and picked one up.

 

“You have good taste, agassi,” commented the shopkeeper. “This ring just came in today. It comes as a pair. Would you like to see the other one?”

 

“Neh!” replied Sooyoung excitedly.

 

The shopkeeper reached into his private stash and pulled out the other ring and placed it in front of Sooyoung.

 

“Omo! They’re so pretty!” gushed Sooyoung.

 

“Mine is a roadside stall, so I can’t sell rings of the quality that you find in jewellery shops. But this pair of couple rings are the best I have,” said the shopkeeper.

 

“How much are they, tenjang-nim?” asked Sooyoung.

 

“They’re 80 000 won each,” replied the shopkeeper.

 

“80 000 won each?! That’s 160 000 won altogether!” Sooyoung’s face fell at the shopkeeper’s reply, as she placed the rings back on the table.

 

Sungjae noticed her expression and asked the shopkeeper, “Tenjang-nim, can’t you give us a discount?”

 

The shopkeeper looked at Sooyoung’s expression and his heart softened.

 

“Tell you what, agassi. If you and your boyfriend are willing to pose for a few pictures wearing the couple rings and let me hang them around my stall as a form of advertising, I’ll let you have them at half price. I’ll even engrave them for you for free using my machine. How about it?” offered the shopkeeper.

 

“But… 80 000 won for both rings is still really expensive. I don't think we can afford it. Mianheyo,” said Sooyoung.

 

But to Sooyoung’s surprise, Sungjae fished out his wallet and handed the money over to the shopkeeper. Sooyoung’s eyes widened and she reached out to stop him.

 

“Oppa! What are you doing? It’s 80 000 won, not 8000 won!” ranted Sooyoung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter