Water at 99 degrees [Ch 8]

Dear Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The holidays came the following week and Sungjae and Sooyoung had a whale of a time together. As if to make up for lost time, Sungjae and Sooyoung spent nearly every waking moment with each other, so much so that their respective hyungs and unnies had trouble prying them away from each other.

 

“Yah, Yook Sungjae! Are you really going to abandon us now that you’ve got your girl?” scolded Changsub. “You don't see Hyunsik and I doing that!”

 

“Aaaaeeeee, hyung. I’m just happy to be with Sooyoung. Of course I won’t ever abandon you guys. Who would be there for me to bully if I abandoned you?” replied Sungjae cheekily.

 

“Aish, you punk!” shouted Changsub, as he jokingly rubbed Sungjae’s head with his knuckles.

 

 

“Sooyoung-ah! I haven’t seen you for over a week!” screamed Seulgi over the phone. “Why have you been so busy?”

 

“Ah, mianhe unnie. I’ve been with Sungjae-oppa for the whole week and pretty much forgot about everything else,” replied Sooyoung sheepishly.

 

“Aigoo, look at uri Sooyoung-ie, forgetting all her friends after she finally got her man,” said Seulgi slyly.

 

“Anni, unnie. I haven’t forgotten you. It’s just that I’ve been so happy about Sungjae-oppa getting discharged from hospital that I’ve been wanting to spend every waking moment with him,” replied Sooyoung.

 

“You’ve barely been with him for a week or so and you’re already so smitten. I can’t believe it, Sooyoung-ah. You were never like that with Do…” Seulgi trailed off awkwardly.

 

“Kwenchana, unnie. I know what you mean. Like I told you before, Sungjae-oppa really made me feel loved and that I’m someone important in his life. Dohwan-oppa merely made me his accessory. So how could I not feel happier with Sungjae-oppa in my life? Now that I’ve been given a second chance in life with him, I should treasure it with everything I have, right?” said Sooyoung.

 

Seulgi listened to Sooyoung’s monologue with growing pride. “You’ve really grown up a fair bit, Sooyoung-ah. Don't grow up too fast, all right? I still want to see that kiddy side to you.”

 

“Arasso, unnie,” replied Sooyoung with a smile.

 

 

Sungjae stepped out of his house the following morning and got ready to meet Sooyoung. As he locked the front door, a loud voice greeted him from afar.

 

“Oppa!” called the voice.

 

As Sungjae turned towards the voice, a feminine figure hurtled down the street and flung herself on him, almost knocking him over.

 

“Oppa! Long time no see! How have you been?” squealed the figure excitedly.

 

Sungjae pushed the girl away slightly to take a look at her, though she still kept her arms around his neck.

 

“Mianhe. Nugusaeyo?” asked Sungjae.

 

The girl gave a hurt expression, before replying, “Oppa, don't you remember me? I used to liv

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter