Water at 99 degrees [Ch10]

Dear Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungjae stepped out of the hospital two hours later after finishing his checkup. Looking at his watch, he saw that it was already 8 pm. As he turned to walk home, he heard a voice call out.

 

“Oppa!” called Sooyoung.

 

Sungjae turned and smiled as he saw Sooyoung running over to him.

 

“Why are you here, Sooyoung-ah?” asked Sungjae.

 

“I went to visit my halmonni today. She hasn't been well recently, so my family went to visit her. Everyone else in my family is staying over for a few days at halmonni’s house except me,” said Sooyoung.

 

“Wae? Why didn't you stay over?” asked Sungjae.

 

“Eomma wanted someone to look after the house. Besides, halmonni isn’t too ill, and she assured me not to worry, which is why I came back. Besides, it means I get to spend more time with you!” swooned Sooyoung.

 

“Aigoo, aegi-ah,” replied Sungjae, as he pinched her nose.

 

“That reminds me. Why were you at the hospital, oppa?” asked Sooyoung.

 

A dark look flashed across Sungjae’s face, which Sungjae wiped off with a smile before Sooyoung could notice.

 

“It’s my routine checkup. I’ve recovered but the doctor wants me to go back for routine checkups to ensure that everything is fine,” replied Sungjae brightly.

 

“Ah, I see,” replied Sooyoung in a relieved tone. “Anyway, have you had dinner, oppa?”

 

“Anni. I was just about to go buy dinner for myself,” replied Sungjae.

 

“Would you like me to cook for you, oppa?” asked Sooyoung.

 

Sungjae raised his eyebrows and replied, “Jinjja? That sounds great!”

 

Sooyoung laughed and the pair walked off towards Sooyoung’s house. Twenty minutes later, Sungjae was seated in Sooyoung’s kitchen watching her prepare various dishes from scratch. Sungjae sat and looked at Sooyoung dreamily for a while, as a recent memory floated into his head.

 

This must be what a married couple feels like.

 

Sungjae blushed at the recollection and smiled like an idiot to himself. Sungjae found himself walking towards Sooyoung and enveloping her waist in his arms again, as his head found its familiar position in the crook of her neck. Inhaling her scent as if he could live off it, he said, “I miss this, Sooyoung-ah.”

 

He felt Sooyoung stiffen in his embrace but relax more quickly than she did the first time he did this.

 

“Nado, oppa,” replied Sooyoung softly. “Now you need to let me go so that I can focus on making dinner.”

 

This time, Sungjae let go of her obediently and went back to sit at the table. After Sooyoung finished cooking, the pair settled down for a hot, homemade dinner.

 

“The samgyetang you made tastes awesome, Sooyoung-ah! You should cook for me more often!” swooned Sungjae, as he swallowed the last of his soup.

 

“I’ll cook for you every day if you want, oppa,” replied Sooyoung with a smile.

 

“Andwae~ Eomma will get jealous. You don't want to annoy your mother-in-law, right?” teased Sungjae.

 

Sooyoung blushed hard at these words and mumbled, “W-w-what are you talking about, oppa?”

 

“Hahaha, I was joking, Sooyoung-ah,” replied Sungjae, as he ruffled her hair. “You’re cute when you’re embarrassed.”

 

“Oppa~” whined Sooyoung. “Keep teasing me and I won’t cook for you again.”

 

“Arasso, arasso. Mianhe,” apologised Sungjae quickly with a grin, as he reached for the other dishes that Sooyoung had prepared.

 

After dinner, Sungjae helped Sooyoung do the dishes, before he got ready to leave. However, as he headed for the front door, he felt a slight tug on his shirt. Sungjae turned to look at Sooyoung, who was looking at him with a rather sheepish look.

 

“Wae, Sooyoung-ah?” asked Sungjae.

 

“Oppa… could you… could you… could you stay over with me?” asked Sooyoung, blushing a deep red as she asked.

 

Sungjae’s ears turned a similar shade of red. “B-bwoh? What are you asking, Sooyoung-ah?”

 

“Don't get the wrong idea, oppa. I… I’m just afraid of sleeping alone,” explained Sooyoung.

 

“Don't you sleep alone every night, Sooyoung-ah?” asked Sungjae.

 

“I do, but there’s always someone else at home. I feel scared sleeping alone in the house, oppa,” replied Sooyoung.

 

“You’re playing with fire, Sooyoung-ah. Aren’t you scared I might do something to you?” asked Sungjae cheekily.

 

“Oppa! I know you’re not that kind of person. Please oppa, could you stay over tonight?” begged Sooyoung.

 

Sungjae hesitated for a while, before Sooyoung’s puppy eyes weakened his will and he gave in. “Arasso, I’ll stay over tonight. Let me go back to my house and pack a few clothes.”

 

Sungjae left and returned a short while later with a small bag. Sooyoung opened the door for him and asked, “Did your eomma ask any questions?”

 

“She asked where I was sleeping tonight,” replied Sungjae. “I told her that I was sleeping over at Changsub-hyung’s house. Changsub-hyung’s mother isn’t at home either and I’ve already texted him to keep up his side of the story, so no worr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter