Our Participants

Who's Your Bias?

 

 

Here you can find an overview of the peope that have participated in the poll! 

Since the poll is located on AFF, probably all (or most) of our participants are avid AFF users. But apart from that we are aiming for as much diversity as possible in our participants, both in the kind of bands they stan, biases they have, where they come from, genders and ages. We also both want answers from people who are new to K-pop as well as those that have been caught up in this wonderful world for years!

Basically the dream would be for everyone to participate, and very many people have! :)

The results here below are based on 1269 answers.

 

 

 


Where are you from?


 

The regions are divided as follows:

  • E-Asia = East and South-East Asia (Everything east of India)
  • W-Asia = West and Central Asia (Everything west of Bangladesh, including the Middle East)
  • N-Am. = North-America
  • S-Am. = South-America
  • Europe
  • Australia
  • Africa 
  • Other / Don't want to say

We have the greatest number of participants from E-Asia, N-America and Europe, or almost 300 in each of them! This means that the results from these regions are the most reliable.

The numbers for W-Asia are also pretty good, and for the remaining regions, the results should be okay for the better known bands, but less certain for the lesser known bands. 

All in all this looks great! It is actually far beyond our brightest hopes, because, honestly, when we started this poll we were a bit uncertain that we would get any answers at all from S-America, Australia and Africa, but we have around 30-40 participants in each of them, which is enough to get some interesting results!

 

 


Gender


 

Unsurprisingly, most of our participants are female, but we have over 30 male answers, and nearly 20 for other.

In total 42 participants didn't want to reveal their gender, and we will refer to them as having a 'secret' gender. Although we don't know for sure, we expect there to be more males among the people with 'secret' gender than females, since it is more likely that people of the gender that is in minority on AFF are less willing to reveal it. But almost definitely our 'secret' gender includes a mixture of all genders.

 

 


Age


 

  • 36+ = Participants that are 36 years or older

 

The majority of our participants are teenagers (12-18) and young adults (19-25), but we also have a significant number of adults, or 170 answers from people 26 years and older.

In total 42 people didn't want to reveal their age (note that these are not the exact same 42 people who didn't want to reveal their gender), and we will refer to them as having a 'secret' age. Here we suspect that older people are in general more shy about revealing their age, as AFF is fairly dominated by people 25 years old and younger. 

 

 


Since when have you been following K-pop?


 

 

  • ≤2007 = Those starting in K-pop 2007 or earlier
  • 20 = Those starting in K-pop 2017 or later

 

We have a really nice distribution of fans of all K-pop ages!

We think it's especially amazing how many fans who only just started K-pop are already on AFF taking polls and sharing their biases.

Welcome to K-pop ^.^

And we are absolutely in awe to have people participate who have been in K-pop for over 10 years, some even close to 20 years or beyond! 

Sunbaenims... we salute you >.<

 

 


 

 

So, to sum up, we are very happy to report that the participants of our poll are pretty diverse in all the aspects we were trying for, they come from all over the world, they are of various (real life) ages and K-pop ages, and we also have all genders participating, allowing for some interesting results indeed! Yay! 

 

 


If you haven't taken the survey before, please join us hereEvery answer counts.

Please remember though to only answer once. Otherwise it will be harmful to the results of your favorite bands.

If you accidentally answered more than once please let us know so we can fix that.

Thank you ❤