One Twisted Fate

Why must it be you?

L.Joe's POV:

"Byunghun ?"

My eyes widened alitte as I slowly turned around & saw her again. I havent seen her for almost a year or so. I exhaled as I blinked. "Oh... Yuri..." I said. She then put her head down alittle. "It's been a long time..." she said.

I sighed a little then nodded. "Yeah... It has..." I said quietly. I then noticed her eyes, shifting towards Mihee. I moved my head alittle & side-eyed Mihee, who was putting her head down, avoiding eye contact. "Um..." Yuri began to talk again. "You... two came together ?" Still, side eyeing Mihee, she quickly put her head up & shook her head. "A-Aniyo ~" Mihee said & stood next to me. "We originally came here with our friends... but we kinda got seperated ~"

Yuri then nodded, but I can tell that she thinks Mihee was lying. The girl next to her then nudged her. "Who is he ?" She asked. Yuri then looked at her. "Oh... He was a classmate of mine from my old school." Yuri said. She then looked at me. "Myohyung... Byunghun... Byunghun... Myohyung..."

I then noticed Myohyung looking at me for the longest time. After a while, she finally said something. "Wasnt he your ex-boyfriend that you kept talking about ?" Yuri then looked at & nudged her back. I looked at Yuri. She still talks about me ? "Ummm..." I was about to say something but she totally cut me off.

"Hey ~ How come you didnt go to her swimming competition last month ?" Myohyung asked. "You know she actually waited for you till like 7 ?" I sighed as I looked away. I then could feel Mihee looking at me. "Ya... Myohyung ~" Yuri said, "Dont..." Myohyung then looked at Yuri. "Mwo ?" she said, "You did say so yourself that you were hurt that he didnt show up, right ? You also said that you havent gotten over him ~ Why are you denying now ?"

"Enough ~" Yuri said, "You dont know the whole story... & besides... I feel bad enough ~" I then smirked alittle. "You should ~" I said, I then looked up & looked at Yuri. "I'll be going ~" I then turned around & was about to walk away but Myohyung started talking again. "What does he mean ?" she asked. "You feel bad for Yuri right ~?" 

"Huh ?" I heard Mihee say. "You're not his girlfriend, right ?" Myohyung asked I then started to feel irritated. Why in the world would they get Mihee involved in this conversation ? Damn "Myohyung ~ Shut up ~" Yuri said, sounding hurt alittle. "What ?" Myohyung said, "She doesnt look like his type ~ You look more like his type then she does ~"

I've honestly had enough of this conversation. I turned around & said those words I would never ever thought I'd say.

Mihee's POV:

"You're not his girlfriend, right ?" Yuri's friend asked me. I blinked alittle as my mind went blank. "I..." I studdered. "Ummm... I" I didnt know what to say. This conversation was happening so fast & I honestly didnt know what was happening. I then hear L.Joe say the words that made everyone, especially me, surprised.

"Yeah ~ She is my girlfriend ~" He said. I looked at him as he looked at Yuri's friend straight in the eye. He then looked at me as he walked towards me & held my hand, intertwining our fingers together. He looked back at them as I looked out our hands. I felt my heart pounding & I started to feel nervous. I then slowly looked at Yuri, who was looking at both of us. Her eyes were filled with hurt & It looks like she was about to cry. I looked down. I dont even know the girl, but I honestly feel bad. The guy she loves is basically lying to her about his relationship status & she doesnt even know it. 

Yuri's friend then chuckled alittle. "You're kidding right ?" she asked. L.Joe then scoffed. "Why in the world would I be joking around ?" He said as he pulled me closer to him. "Just because she doesnt look like my type doesnt mean anything. To be honest, she's 100% my type." I looked at him, trying to figure out if he was just saying this as he continued. "All that matters is that we both love each other." He said.

"Now... If you would excuse us ~" he said as he let go of my hand & put his arm around my shoulder & pulled me close. "We have date to finish ~" He then looked at me & smiled. "Gaja ?" he said. I then blinked & nodded. He looked at Yuri one last time & we both turned around & walked away. I looked back & alittle & saw Yuri looking down. I pouted alittle & faced forward. 

He took me to a small park that wasnt that far from the festival. Once we were far enough, he let go of me & walked forward alittle. He then sighed as he looked up at the stary sky. "Mianhae ~" he said. I blinked a couple times as he put his head down & slowly walked over to a near by bench & sat down. I then started to think whether or not to ask him... To ask him why in the world would he say that. But after all that thinking, I decided to ask him."Why did you say that to her ?" I asked him. He then looked at me as I continued. "You really hurt her, you know that ?" 

(Listen ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTqXwV4Z99Y & repeat it)

He smiled alittle as he looked down. He then sighed alittle. "You know the reason why I quit the basketball team ?" I then awkwardly looked around. How in the world did we get from talking about hurting Yuri to basketball ~? God... is he freaking avoiding the question now ~? I kinda sighed as I went along with what he's saying. "What's the reason ?" I asked. 

"There was this girl I liked before... She was only an inch taller then me... but she still rejected me." he began. "So I guess you can say that I wanted to get back at her... When I first started playing basketball, I really at it. People then started saying that i wouldnt even make it to the school's basketball team. I would stay back every after school, just to practice & I got better. There was this one time I stayed back after school though... I was done practicing & I put the ball away & I heard water splashing. I got curious so I went to the school's swimming pool & saw a girl swimming laps."

*Flashback*

I opened the door & entered the school's swimming pool. I then saw someone's gym bag on the bench. I didnt know they left the school swimming pool open. "Byunghun ?" I blinked as I looked at the pool. A girl smiled at me as she got off the pool & walked towards me. To be honest, I didnt know who she was I'm surprised that a girl that pretty knew my name. Once she got to where I was at, she smiled at me. I smiled at her alittle. "Sorry, I didnt mean to be rude ~" I said, "I was just putting the basketballs away then I heard water splashing so I got curious ~" I said, nervously. "I honestly thought you were a ghost ~" She then laughed alittle as she shook her head. "No ~ It's ohkae ~" she said. "I thought I was the only one here too... I guess I was wrong ~" I then awkwardly looked around as I sighed alittle. "Not to be rude & all ~" I began. "But... How do you know me when I dont know you ?"

She then gave me a small smile. "I'm in your chemistry class ~" She said. "Kim Yuri ? I'm in the same row as you are." I then blinked as guilt filled me up. "You are ?" I asked as she nodded. I bit my lip. "Ohh ~~" I said. I didnt know what else to say, She's in my class & I dont even know her name. "It's ohkae ~" She said, "You're one of those popluar people, so I dont really expect you to know my name ~"

"I'm not that popluar ~" I said. She then smiled as she walked towards the bench & I followed her. "You're going home too ?" I asked. She then looked at me & nodded. "Yeah ~" she said, "It's getting kinda late."

"I'll drop you ~" I said. She then looked at me. "You dont have too ~" she said. I then shook my head. "It's not safe for a girl to be out late ~" I said. She then looked unsure if she should take my offer or not. "It's no trouble at all ~" I assured her. "Trust me ~" She then smiled alittle & she finally gave in. After she was done changing we started making our way to her way home. I then asked her why she stayed up so late just to swim. She then told me that it was the only time she could practice since she doesnt have a swimming pool at home. She then asked me why I stayed in school late just to play basketball. I then told her it was all because of a girl. She then smiled alittle. "Wow ~" She said, "All that late night practice just for a girl ?" I then chuckled as I rubbed the back of my neck. "Yeah ~" I said.

She then stopped walking, & looked at a house. "Here we are ~" She said. I looked at her then at her house. She then looked at me. "Thanks for dropping me home ~" She said. I then smiled. "No problem ~" I said. "See you tmrw ?" She then nodded as she opened her gate. "Go home safely & sleep well ~" She said as she closed her gate.

*End of Flashback*

"A few months later, we secretly started dating. Chunji, Soojin, Myungsoo & Jihae were the only ones who knew. I never told you because we werent that close before. We then stayed back together every after school. Sometimes we wouldnt practice at all & just go out on a date. She would sometimes watch me practice & gave me encouraging words. I then started getting better & I went to the try-outs & I got in the schools basketball team. The same girl that rejected me, came back to me & asked if I wanted to go out with her. I then rejected her & said that she was too tall for me... but that was just a cover up. A year after being in the basketball team I then got into varsity. That night I took her out to celebrate our one year together & I was going to tell her about me being in varsity but instead... she broke up with me that night."

I looked down alittle as he continued. "She told me that she couldnt handle being in a relationship with me... but I knew she was lying. She hid alot of things from me when we were together & I felt like this was one of them. So, I kept asking her what she was hiding. She then pushed me away & said that she never loved me & she was just using me. Somehow... I believed her despite the fact that she was tearing up. 'Forget about me. Be like how you were a year & 3 months ago when you never knew my name. When you never knew I existed. Let's never meet again' She said. Those were her last words to me before she walked away, not turning back once. I cried alot that night. A month later she transferred to another school. I quit the basketball team & the sport because it would remind me off her. I started to hate her but I didnt bother to know why... I just hated her ~"

He then looked at me. "Then I started to notice you more & you somehow reminded me of her so that's why I was so mean towards you." He sighed as he coninued. "but I guess I was wrong ~" he said. "You're nothing like her ~" I then looked at him.

"I'm not ?" I asked as a raised a brow. He then smiled & nodded. "Yeah ~ You're not ~" he said as he walked towards me. Once he go to where I was at, he looked at me right in the eye. "You're different... Maybe even better ~"

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Such a long chapter ;~; my fingers feels weird from typing so much ~ T^T

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter -- If you didnt... I'm sorry ~ I tried making it sweet & make sense at the same time. So, what will happen to L.Joe & Mihee now ~? I, too, dont know ~ xD I'm a horrible author remember ~ :D

Anyways, Ignore the horrible grammar & spelling errors ~

*Comment & Subscribe ~