Let’s call it quits

Saving Kim Jae Joong's
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 18

POV: Lee Yeon Hee

The house was hushed. I suddenly felt I was living at a ghost house. I find myself sitting alone at this couch with these throw pillows over my lap. I glance at the wall clock, it says, eight-thirty in the evening. I wonder where Jae Joong is, he should be home right now. But I haven’t heard any single word from him, ever since he gets off to work.

I look at the kitchen, the food was still there. It wasn’t touched. To be honest, I don’t feel any hunger. I lie down on the sofa, and close my eyes. Perhaps, I would wake up when Jae’s back.

---

I stir up. It was already morning. The dazzling sun was set high on the sky. I gazed at the kitchen—to the dinning the table. It was untouched. The positions of the plates were still the same. Without a delay, I stood up to check my room—he’s not there. I went straight to his room, still there’s no sign that Jae Joong went home last night.

I get the telephone and dialed his hand phone, it was out of reach. Its either he’s too busy to charge his low battery phone or he turned it off.

I wished he called just to inform me on his whereabouts.

---

I called his friends, but they’re all busy to entertain me. I called his manager; he wasn’t picking up my call. I called his parents, they said I should know where he is cause I’m his wife. I’m not going to call them if I know where he is, right?

Tsss..

---

Three days later. I’m starting to drive myself crazy. I haven’t eaten anything for the past few days. I can’t stop thinking about Jae Joong. He’s driving me crazy. He’s driving me crazy.

---

One day, I stare blankly at my phone. I started playing on it. Sliding it down, and then closing it again. Jae Joong’s numbers were written in big and bold letters. I kept on thinking if I should call him or what.

I guess. I should call him.

I press in his numbers, it ringed! I wasn’t expecting this, because for the last few days his phone was either out of reach or he’s not really answering my calls. It made me smiled widely.

“Yoboseo(hello)?” he said.


“Oppa!” I said with enthusiasm. Finally after days of waiting, I’ve got to hear his voice again. I wanted to cry, but I don’t want to show him the weak side of me.

“Yeon Hee?” he asks with disbelief tone. I got hurt. From his tone, I feel like he was hiding from me. It was different. “Hey… Uh…”

“I miss you.” I said as I broke in tears. I wanted to hold him tight, closer to me. I wish I can do that. I really wish.

“Oppa?” I heard on the line. It shrills my ears. I feel like I’ve been stab straight to my heart. I pursed my lips. I don’t want him to hear my sob. “Let’s go.” She continued. As I much as pretend that I didn’t hear her, I can’t fool myself. I swallowed hard and exhale.

“A-are y-you with somebody?” I ask. My voice sounded croakly but I’m still trying my best not to sound one.

“Yeon Hee, I’ll just talk to you later.”

“Op---” Before I could say more, he already ended our call. “Saranghae.” I whisper in the air. I feel torn. Did I do something to receive painful things like this? I cover my face with this pillow. I want to sleep. I hope when I woke up I could forget all these painful things that are currently happening to me.

---

I woke up when I felt my hand phone buzzed. Geun Suk was calling. I sat down. He was talking about how crazy his work is, I just laugh and cheered him out. I decided to open the television and I was holding my hand phone because I'm talking to him, then I saw Jaejoong and Hyo Joo at the tv. They were at... the...

"Airport?" I said it out loud.

"What?" the voice behind the line asked me.

"Mr. Kim Jaejoong, when would you be back from Japan?" a reporter asked him.

"I'm still not sure when but it'll take us time." he answered.

"What does this mean?" I asked as my eyes suddenly became blurred. The phone slipped through my hand and fell into the soft mat. "Jaejoong?"

“Yeon Hee? Yeon hee!!” Geun Suk called out. It brought me back to my senses. I bent down and get my phone. I started to sniffle.

“G-geun S-suk sshi… It hurts… it really hurts.” My voice really sounded croaky. Tears won’t stop flowing.

“Yeon Hee! Compose yourself! Okay! Tell me. Are you in pain?! Where?”

“My heart… it hurts so much…”
“Tsss… Why? Where’s Jae Joong?”

“He’s at Japan.”

“Then what? I guess he asks for your permission first and I guess he’ll be back by few days?”

“H-he didn’t say a-anything… the worst is… I just found that today.”

“That’s bad! I’m gonna break Jae Joong’s face! Wait! I’ll go at your place right now!”

“N-no… please... Geun Suk… I want to have some space right now… I can do this… Thank you for the offer.” I breathe heavily and wipe my face.

Breathing is a good way to calm yourself.

Inhale.
Exhale.
Inhale.
Exhale.

“Are you sure? I really want to go to your place right now.”

“I’m fine. Really I am. I’m sorry… but I really want to be alone…”

“Okay. I’ll respect your decision. Good night.”

“Bye.”

“Bye…”

“Geun suk-shi.”

“Hmmm?”

“Thank you for being my best friend all these time.”

“You’re welcome. I’ll be right here whenever you need me. Sweet dreams”

Then I ended our call.

I immediately enter a text message, my fingers were typing rapidly. I feel myself shaking. Tears won’t stop flowing. I’m still sobbing. I can’t breathe.

Afterwards, I sent the text message to Changmin. I stood up and went to my room.

Saranghae oppa.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
POV: Shim Chang Min

One week later after she sent me the text message, I finally agreed to meet her at a coffee shop. She was already there when I got inside the shop. I smelt the air, I can smell alcohol. Did she drink before she went here?

My hand phone vi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter