Worn Out

Saving Kim Jae Joong's
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 14: Worn out
POV: Kim Jae Joong

Hyo Joo offers her hand to Yeon Hee. They shook each others’ hand happily. “It feels good to finally meet you, Yeon Hee. Jae Joong won’t stop talking about you way back in c---” I immediately cover Hyo Joo’s mouth. Yeon Hee stare at us blankly or more of confuse. I let out a weak and weird laugh. I stare at Hyo Joo for a while. Our eyes were talking to each other.

Then I heard Yeon Hee clears . I let go of Hyo Joo’s mouth. We look at each other, and laugh stupidly, like we always do. I know, we look like a dork in front of Yeon Hee. “I’ll go now. I’m going to meet my cousin.” Hyo Joo says, she waves her hand at Yeon Hee then she punched me on my chest before she vanished on our sights. For her, she thinks her punch doesn’t hurt. But all I can say is that light punch of her has an impact.

Why does girls now a day can hit that hard?

We’re alone again. It’s an awkward moment actually. She turns around and huff. I heard her say, “Let’s go home. I’m exhausted.” Then she started to walk, not bothering to look back.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
POV: Lee Yeon Hee

“So how long did you guys know each other?” I ask in between munching some popcorn beside me. I was lying on the couch; he was sitting on the floor. We we're watching those boring shows again. Actually, we weren’t paying attention on the TV. He was busy cutting some papers. I was busy staring at the ceiling, thinking of what Han Hyo Joo would say. Whenever I tried to peep on what he’s doing, he would instantly cover it with his whole body.

“Guys? You mean me and Hyo Joo?” He asks.

“Yup.” I answer at the same time I nod.

“I met her on my freshman year in college. Two years ago? We have some classes together. We became acquaintance after that. I kind of missed those moments tha---” he stops. He turned his head around and we stare at each other blankly. “I mean, I miss the feeling of being a student again. You know, we’re so busy, we cannot attend school again. Those moments that we go school, c-college, f-fun.” A weird smile formed on his lips.

“So… you guys know each other before you know me?” I inquire afterwards I huff. I feel strange when I heard the phrase, ‘I miss’ does he mean he miss the company of Hyo Joo? I guess this is what you called, JEALOUS.

He scratched the back of his head. “Uh… ” See! Here’s the I-won’t-talk Kim Jae Joong again. Arg! I hate this. I hate it, I hate the fact that’s he’s hiding something from me. Especially when it comes to the ‘precedent era of his life’! I look at the TV, pretending to watch the corny game show.

Silence….
“Omo! Look! I won on the lottery again!” He said with enthusiasm. I didn’t move an inch; instead I abruptly get the paper on his hands. I gave up and smiled.

“I hit the jackpot when I marry you.” I read softly. I glance at him, he was looking at me like a kid. “Me too, I hit the jackpot when I married Rubber Man.” We cackle and I hug him tight on his neck; he was coughing playfully—almost choking.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
POV: Kim Jae Joong

“Are you really sure about tonight’s plan?” She asks me for the nth time. She was removing something on my clothes by pinching it, inch by inch. I laugh.

“Of course, I’ve never been so sure. You’re so cute.” I said, as I lift the strap of pink apron she was wearing.

“Just being the ordinary house wife like everybody else.” She shrugs. She walks me to the door. I open it and step outside.

“See you at the Tavern, tonight at 7.” I said, as I remember last time incident. When I ditch her, gad! As much as I want to forget that, I can’t. It’s like; it’s been implanted on my memory.

“Better show your there, or else…” She alleged, threatening me. I just grin and kissed her on her cheeks.

“I’ll be there… I promise… Bye.” We waved our hands goodbye to each other. “Close the door when I go, okay? There’s a possibility that thieves might wander around here.”

“Yes boss.” She salutes in front of me, smiling. “Bye.” Then the door closed in front of me. I smiled and started to walk.

I pressed the down button of the elevator. I tap my foot, still waiting. Suddenly, I felt a vibration on my pocket. Someone emailed me. I pl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter