PART 3 (1): Missing You

Smiling Flower

Chapter 6

VERNON POV

"Hansolieeee, aaaaa", Seungkwan fed me with a kimbap.

Wait. Why did he call me 'hansolie'? I like it, though.

Between my confusion, I still ate the kimbap, the taste doesn't change, still delicious.

And he gave me his sweetest smile,

"Hansoliee, I love you~"

Wait. What is happening???!

 

*KRIIIIIIIINGGGG!!!!!!!

My alarm woke me up.

I woke up and trying to process what I just saw in my dream. Yeah, it was just a dream. The time he called me 'hansolie' and feed me with his homemade lunch, plus his confession. Saying that he loves me. It was just a dream, a silly one.. but I can’t help myself smiling like an idiot remembering that dream…

06.00

Well, I better get prepared, my first schedule is in 9 o'clock.

I did a simple morning exercise and took a bath after that. I'll grab something maybe, for breakfast.

I walked to the parking lot and drove my sport car to Pledis.

When I put my seatbelt on, I remembered about him again. That little adorable cherry. Does he take the train again? Is his ankle okay?... and, why do I care? Stop it already, Hansol.

I didn't get enough sleep last night; maybe a coffee would be nice. I drove my car to the coffee shop in Gangnam. I ordered and waiting in the table near the counter while busying myself with my Ipad.

"It's really good to see you. I really miss you, Eunkwang-hyung~"

Ha? That sounded just like Seungkwan. Hahaha…great, now I'm imagining hearing his voice everywhere.

"Yes, now I'm not in the Antenna anymore. But let's keep it as a secret, okay?.... Don't worry, I still sing and write music, I just change my agency."

It sounded too real. I looked up to the counter and found him talking to a male worker there. Is it just another dream? But I already woke up an hour ago. Or maybe it's someone who looks exactly like him.

"My mom says hi. Ah, and I really miss your puppy....oh, it's not a puppy anymore? Wow, I really want meet him."

No, it's him. It's definitely Seungkwan. What is he doing here? Buy a coffee, of course. But why does he look really friendly with that male worker? His voice is changing, he sounds sweet when talking to that guy. Like when someone is talking to a person he likes. I don't really fond with what I saw and I don’t know why.

My coffee bell was ringing and I walked to the counter.

"Boo Seungkwan, is that you?", I tried to sound surprised.

"Oh, good morning, Hansol-ah." He immediately bowed. He wore a baby blue sweater today and short blue jeans today. So adorable.

"Morning. Wow, what a coincidence that we meet here in the morning.", I took my order and, "Have you had breakfast yet?", I sipped my latté.

"Ah, yes. I had breakfast before came here."

"Do you like strawberry or blueberry better?", I looked up at the menu in the board

"Pardon? Ehmm..blueberry I guess."

"Can I have one hot blueberry milkshake, please." I opened my wallet and took my credit card.

"That would be 3000 won, sir."

I gave the credit card and gave the milkshake to him.

"You don't need to, Hansol-ah.", he refused it politely.

"Don't worry, it's on me. Plus, a hot milkshake in the morning is good for your vocal cord."

He looked at the milkshake and took it, our finger brushed when he took the cup, "Thank you very much for the milkshake."

"Ah, Kwannie, I have to go. Please tell your mom, thank you for the kimchi.", the male worker went inside the kitchen.

"Sure, take care, hyung.", he waved his tiny hand.

 I looked at my watch, 7.45. "Ah, we should go to Pledis, now. Come on."

"You can go first, Hansol-ah. I'll take the bus", why does he always refuse my offer?

"Why? We have the same destination, don't we?"

"Yes, but...", he couldn't answer.

"Are you avoiding me, for any chance? Or do you hate me? Do I make you uncomfortable?", I leaned in and looked him in the eyes.

"What are you talking about? Of course I don't hate you.. Why should I?" he laughed nervously.

"All right. Come, let's go.", he followed me without any further complain.

He didn't need my help anymore to put the seat belt on, even though at first, he was struggling. I don’t really want to help him tough, because I love to staring at him pouting while struggling to put the seat belt on.

He was in complete silent in the car. I don't really like this awkward situation so I tried to break the ice,

"Who was that guy?", I felt taken aback with my own question, but well, I can't take it anymore, I'm so curious.

"He is my childhood friend. My mom told me to send him kimchi." Ah, a childhood friend…that's why they looked so close, nothing special. "Do you like him?", I asked him jokingly.

He suddenly blushed and said, "No, I'm noH", but he couldn't hide his shy smile. What the hell? What is this? I feel a little bit aches in my chest. I tried to change the topic,

"So, how's your practice? Don't practice too hard; it's not good for you. If your vocal cord starts to hurt, drink a warm lemon honey and wait for a while, you can spend that time by writing lyrics, for example. It works for me every time."

"It's okay, Hansol. For someone who has a bad singing skill like me, the only thing that I could do is practice as hard as I can." He quietly replied.

"What? A bad singing skill? Who said that? Mr.Han?", it really surprised me.

"No. He is very nice to me and compliments my voice, even when I was in the practice."

"Then who?" Who was the person who took his confidence?

He hesitated and I can see that, "It's okay, Seungkwan-ah, you can tell me."

"Well, so I met Soo Hee a week ago... and she told me that my singing skill was not like someone who was practicing, instead I sounded like I was playing around...", he stopped when he saw my furious face.

"And then?"

"That's all, sunbae.", he lied.

"Seungkwan-ah, don't you trust me?", I can see that he was thinking for a while but he finally said,

"And...She said that my voice is not even close to debut as a singer under Pledis Ent."

What the hell?! Is she deaf or something? I quickly tried to gain his confidence back,

"Listen to me, Seungkwan-ah. Don't listen to what she said. You have a special kind of voice. Every person has different voice and you have the special one. And about singing skill, let me tell you something. I love your voice, your voice is beautiful. I always in awe whenever watching you sing. So don't let someone take your confidence. You are special, Seungkwan-ah."

He finally smiled his sweet smile. It also made me smile.

We arrived at exactly 8 o'clock. When we already outside the car, he bowed and said,

"Thank you for the ride, Hansol-ah...and also for the milkshake."

"Don't bow too much, it will make you shorter." I patted his head.

He looked at me a little bit surprise, "Really?"

I just laughed hearing his innocent respond, "See you later." and I walked out from the parking lot.

 

Seungkwan POV

"Boo Seungkwan!!! My son...wake up…and please give me a hand over here.", my mom voice woke me up.

Aarghhh... I hardly sleep and only got 4 hours of sleeping; it's not good for my skin. I looked at my phone, 5 o'clock. What is my mom possibly doing at 5 in the morning?

I walked to the kitchen and found my mom was making kimchi. "Oh my God, mom..It's 5 in the morning and you are making kimchi?!" I wear the rubber glove to mix the kimchi.

"I don't have much time. This weekend, my office will have a workshop. So I will not be able to do it this weekend." She took a plastic container from a cupboard behind her.

"That means, I will be home alone this weekend?", I hate being home alone on freaking weekend.

"Sorry, Kwannie..I can't help it. Now, try it" she fed me a handful of kimchi. "How?"

 "A little bit more salt." I hand the salt.

"Really? Okay then. Oh, can you send it to Eunkwang? He is in his part time job in the morning."

"Which one? He always in the part time job, I think he never comes home except on the weekend."

"If it's morning, so he will be in the coffee shop. I'll drive you there, but can you take bus after that? I have a meeting this morning." She scooped the kimchi to the plastic container.

"Sure." I took off the rubber gloves.

Well, meeting an old crush is not a bad idea, because I need something to busy my palace of mind for now. Yes, Seo Eun Kwang is my childhood crush. I already confess my feeling to him; several times actually, whether I said it jokingly or seriously. But he never took it serious. The reason is simple, I am not his type. He only sees me as his little brother. Yeaay!!! Brother zone~

I arrived at 7 o'clock and saw him waiting in the counter. He doesn't change but I think that he gained some weight.

"Oh, Kwannie, you're here."

"Hi... It's really good to see you. I really miss you, Eunkwang-hyung~", I gave him the kimchi.

"Wow, thank you. So, are you doing great? I heard that you are not in your old agency anymore." Look, right? He doesn't even bother to say 'I miss you too'.

"Yes, now I'm not in the Antenna anymore. But let's keep it as a secret, okay?.... Don't worry, I still practice singing and write music, I just change my agency."

"That's bad. I hope you for the best scenario.", wait, is he always been this nice?

"My mom says hi. Ah, and I really miss your puppy....oh, it's not a puppy anymore? Wow, I really want to meet him.", Great, now my voice change. Get yourself together, Boo Seungkwan.

Someone suddenly approached us to get his order. His scent was really familiar to me, so did his voice,

"Boo Seungkwan, is that you?" What the hell?! How come? What a coincidence!? I completely understand if I bumped into him in the office, but how? in the morning, in one of coffee shops among dozens of coffee shops in Gangnam, how can I met him like this?

"Oh, good morning, Hansol-ah." I automatically bowed.

He looked so fresh in the morning. He smelled different today, but still has mint scents, just change from chocolate into coffee scents. Why should I think of that? And why did he buy me a drink? It made me more uncomfortable. But still, I felt really thankful when he paid attention to my vocal cord.

"Ah, Kwannie, I have to go. Please tell your mom, thank you for the kimchi.", Eunkwang hyung went to the kitchen.

"Sure, take care hyung." Bye, my old crush.

"Ah, we should go to Pledis, now. Come on." Wait, what? What does he mean by 'come on' here? He will go to the office with me? It can't be right, this is too good to be true.

"You can go first, Hansol. I'll take the bus.", please understand my condition...please…

"Why? We have the same destination, don't we?"

"Yes, but...", well, that's pretty logic and I can't find any reasonable answer.

"Are you avoiding me, for any chance? Or do you hate me? Do I make you uncomfortable" YES!!!! Yes, I am avoiding you, Chwe Hansol!!! For my sake. But, it doesn't mean that I hate you.

"What are you talking about? Of course I don't hate you.. Why should I?" Why does he lean in? I need to hide my blushing face.

"All right. Come, let's go." Huwaaaaa.....Noooo!!! Again, I don't have any choice but to follow him.

 

He is very nice. He told me something that I really want to hear from people; even Eunkwang hyung never said that to me. He is the second person who told me how special I am, besides my mom.

"You are special, Seungkwan-ah.", that made me smile, and he also smiled.

We arrived and I bowed to show my gratitude for everything that he did, I mean he already did lots of thing to me this morning.

"Don't bow too much, it will make you shorter."  He patted my head like to a little brother and it made me blush even more.

"Really?", I don't know anything to say. There he goes, laughing again by my comment. I love to see his smiling eyes; it warms my heart a little.

"See you later", then he walked out from the parking lot. See you later, Hansol-ah.

----

 

A/N: Yes, as you can see, Eunkwang BtoB becomes a cameo in this story..I choose him because I watched Seungkwan made a video letter to Eungkwan in the Behind The Show, and he was so cute, you can check it on youtube :)