PART 1 (1): Number of Cases

Smiling Flower

Chapter 1

Seungkwan POV

It's already 8 in the morning. After I did my morning exercise which is cardio, I took a shower and put my usual clothing, a white sweater with a small print in the back and a pairs of short blue jeans. When suddenly I got a text from Mr. Yoo

"Seungkwan-ah, please come to my office now. I have something to talk to you."

Well, it's weird, it looks urgent. But anyway I took my denim jacket and my bag, and head out to the Antenna Ent office.

I parked my bicycle in front of the office and not bother to park it properly. I walk to the Mr.Yoo's office with nervous feelings. is something bad happened?  Did I do something wrong? Am I getting kicked out? Hey, Seungkwan you can't be that negative! maybe, just maybe..they will talking about my debut project..well, I hope for the last scenario..

I knocked the door and heard Mr. Yoo voice,

"Seungkwan-ah, you can come."

 I opened the door and saw Mr. Yoo sat with three people, one of them is from Antenna but I don't know about the rest.

"Do you have something to talk about, Mr. Yoo?",

"Oh, sit first, and I want you to meet them. They are Mrs. Han and Mr. Jo."

I bowed, "Nice to meet you."......

"and they are from Pledis Entertainment."

What? Why the people from Pledis come to Antenna? And specifically come to meet me? Is it gonna be a collaboration project or something? I have lots of scenario already in my mind.

Mr. Yoo seems can read my mind and said with a concern look,

"Look Seungkwan-ah...so...ah, I don't know how to say it." he scratched his head. Something is wrong. Oh my God…

"What's wrong, Mr. Yoo? Are you gonna kick me out from this company? Am I no longer a trainee here?" I said it with a broken voice. The song writer from Antenna start to speak,

"No, Seungkwan-shii, well..." she turned to Mr. Yoo,

"I think we should tell him the reason first."

Mr. Yoo looked agree with that advice and said,

"So, Seungkwan-ah, I want you to know that having a job in the entertainment industry is a really difficult job, there will be up and down condition that we should face. And you know that Antenna is a new agency in this industry, we already have lots of rival whether they try to play it fair or not. Unfortunately, we got a problem from an agency that plays a cunning way. It is Line Ent. It's new, but has lots of connection. They start to grow rapidly and try to attack our agency. They start to cut our money and connection with several parties."

He stopped and tried to study my reaction,

"and we know that, we asked them, why they do that and what they want. They said that they want you, Seungkwan-ah, to be their artist and song writer."

Wait what??! I looked very surprise but he still continued,

"but, I can't trust them. I know for sure that they will only use you for their benefits." he took a pace and finally said,

"That is why we will give you to the Pledis Ent as their trainee. I already talked to the CEO and he already agreed with the decision. I don't want to say it, but, if you still here, the Line Ent will keep put this agency into troubles."

And you want to get rid of the parasite? I smile in pityness.

Mrs. song writer added, "and we believe that Line Ent will not have enough gut to mess up with a such big agency like Pledis Ent."

"Before that I want you to know that it is not that we don't want you to be here. In fact, I already fall for your talent in the very first time you sing in the audition." He exhaled and continued with, "but, I'm afraid I can't help you to be a singer here. I believe you can be a really good singer, I mean you are a genius song writer and singer, but Antenna cannot help you to catch your dream."

The Mrs. song writer also added, "We know it's not right, but it is also determine this agency and all of the artists here. So we want you to understand."

I still keep quiet and hoped that it is only a prank or something.

"and I also want to say sorry because it is a one sided decision. Honestly, you don't have enough choice. Pledis Ent is the only agency that want you to be their trainee. I really hope you can accept our decision, because I don't want you to start over again… and also your talent."

Mrs. Han started to speak up and tried to lighten up the mood, "Well, look at the bright side, Seungkwan-shii, you can develop your talent in Pledis Ent. You know that the artists in Pledis Ent able to write their own songs, so it will be a suitable place for you. There will lots of senior that gonna help you, we will help you."

 

I tried my best not to cry, after a while, I started to look up and urge myself to say, "It's okay, Mr. Yoo. I totally understand. I should be the one who apologized because of the problem that I unintentionally made and thank you very much that you still try really hard to help me.", my voice cracked,

Even I coludn't hide my disappointment in my voice and everybody in that room can notice it, Mr. Yoo felt a little bit relieved.

"Okay, once again I'm so sorry and thank you for understanding."

"So, when will I be deported?" I wiped my teary eyes and gave my best shots to look happy.

"Today." Mr. Jo finally spoke up.

"I shall gather my belongings, then" I stand up and followed by the other.

Mr. Jo added, "We will wait you in the parking lot."

"I'm sorry but, it will take a while. I haven't say goodbye to the others."

Mrs. Han and Mr. Jo understand my situation and she said, "Just take your time."

"Excuse me." I get out of the room and go to the cafeteria where most of the trainees gather.

They seem to know the situation beforehand, because they already gathered in the cafeteria and started look at me with a concern face. Ye rin, my bestfriend in Antenna, is the first one who approaches me and can't hide her tears,

"I'm sorry to hear that, Seungkwan-ah.. I miss you already." she hugged me and followed by other girls.

"Hey, why are you guys crying?" but I also couldn’t hide my tears any longer.

"I hope you for the best, Seungkwan-ah" Sam patted my back.

"Me too for you guys" I wiped my tears and hugged them one by one.

After a simple goodbye, I gathered my belongings from my locker and went to the parking lot.

There, Mr. Yoo and the Pledis people already wait for me.

I bowed and said, "Thank you very much for everything, Mr. Yoo."

He patted my back, "Good luck out there, Seungkwan-ah. I know you will be able to reach the top and don't lose your color."

I smile and got into the car which gonna take me to the Pledis Ent office.