PART 2 (2): Tonight

Smiling Flower

Chapter 4

Seungkwan POV

It's already a week since I joined Pledis. My schedule till today only divided into 2 parts, singing practice and writing songs.

My singing practice went smoothly until I met Kim Soo Hee, one of the singer in Pledis Ent, she was also like me, a former Youtube artist.

"Hello, Soo Hee-shii.", I greeted her formally.

"Oh, hello.", she looked a little bit moody that time...or every time?

"Ah, so you are the one who singing since morning?", she looked surprise.

"Ah, yes. I was practicing here. What's wrong, Soo Hee-shii?"

"Ah, no.. You were practicing? I thought you were just playing all the time.", she gave me her mocking face.

"What do you mean by that, Soo Hee-shii?"

"Well, it's just... I just realized that your voice is not really special… I mean you didn't sound like you were doing it for practicing."

"Well... I just start to practice, so...", She cut me by saying,

"Yes, you are. But let me tell you something. If you want to debut as a singer under this agency... With your voice, it's not even close.", she went by and giggling by her own comment.

"What the..." No, Seungkwan-ah, maybe she is rude, indeed. But she is so damn right. I have to practice even more!!! Seungkwan ah, Fighting!!!

I put extra time for practicing my singing skill. In a week, I can feel the changes in my voice; the coach said my voice is getting better than the first time I practiced here. Even in the evening my voice getting sour, I continued my practice with small humming. (A/N: hardworking Seungkwan :').. )

-----

In the second week, I never tought that rejecting my mom offer to go the the office an hour earlier is a bad idea because I rather to use the train if in return I can get another 30 minutes of my beauty sleep.

but yeah, that was a bad idea because…..I fell! Oh my God!

How can I be so reckless?! That was so embarrassing, plus there was a group of high school students only laughed at me and not even bothering to help. Not to mention my sprained ankle and wounded knee. I took a rest for a while and took out a small first aid pouch from my pikachu bag. I sanitized my wound and put a bandage on it, the animal pattern one. Well, thanks mom.

I was late for almost 15 minutes. Lucky for me, the coach understood my situation.

I practiced to sing again when someone knocked the door of the practice room. It was Mingyu from the hip hop group, Seventeen.

"Seungkwan-ah~ let's have lunch.", honestly, I still not get used to when the artist here act so close with me like we are a long time friend. I mean, I'm technically their junior. But they don't really bother with that.

"Oh, okay, Mingyu-sunbae.", I took my lunchbox and walked carefully to the door.

"That’s ‘hyung’ for you. By the way, are you okay, Seungkwan-ah?", he looked at me curious. I told him my embarrassing story. He can't stop laughing by the fact that I was drifted away by the crowd like a small weak leaf.

In the cafeteria, when we were talking, Vernon sunbae out of sudden approached us and sat right across my table. I don't know why I felt nervous when he looked at me or more like staring at me. It's been two weeks I didn't met him, since the office tour. Even we had spent the rest of that day in his recording studio; I still not get used to with his existence. It's just his aura, the aura from a big star…and those eyes..Those brown hazel eyes...

It gets worse when he suddenly grabbed my hand to get chopsticks from my hand. Awkward... Why didn’t he let go of my hand? I can feel my heartbeat is doubled up than usual. Should I pull my hand? But that would be rude. What should I do??!

We paused and looked at each other for a while. Suddenly, he unfreezes and took the chopsticks from my hand, and ate one of my kimbab (A/N: are you kimbap kidding me?!). He said the cheesiest comment I ever heard. But I kinda like it. especially, he looks cute when he is flustered.

After Mingyu hyung gave his Americano, he went out the cafeteria. I hoped that my red face was not really noticed.

....................

"I think we should stop the practice for today, Seungkwan-shii.", the coach closed his book and the piano.

"Why, coach-nim? We still have 30 minutes left."

"Not for your vocal cord. Don't pull yourself so hard. Take a rest for today, will you?"

"But…" No. I still not good enough to stop right now.

"I really appreciate your willingness, but it will only harm your vocal cord. Now, go home!", he gave my bag and dragged me out of the practice room.

"Don't even think to sing for today, not even humming.", then he went to the lift.

Well, I guess he is right, I can't speak properly now. My voice is too sour. I arrived in the first floor where I met Vernon sunbae swinging his key car.

"Oh, good evening, sunbae", my voice cracked. Damn. It's even hard to speak normally.

"What's wrong with your voice, Seungkwan-ah?", he gave me his concerned hazel eyes.

"I just finished my singing practice.", I rubbed my neck, I really should drink warm water. It hurts like hell.

"Where are you going to now?", he titled his head and give his warm smile.

"Coach-nim told me to go home.", I can’t stand his smile and why does in the actual hell he have to stare at me like that???

"Ah, have you booked a taxi?"

"No, sunbae. Taxi is too expensive, so..."

"Are you gonna take train again? With that legs?", he cut me and frowning with his beautiful craven eyebrows.

"Well, I don't have enough choice, right?", I looked up and meet his eyes. I regretted it almost immediately.

"Yeah, you do. Where do you live?", He took a step closer to me.

Wait what? Is it gonna lead to something that I think it's gonna be?

"I live in Songsamdong, sunbae." (A/N: I don’t know where in the hell Songsamdong is, it’s just sound like a region in Korea….I’m sorry for my lazy cause I’m too lazy to do searching)

"Okay, I'll give you a ride. Come on, Seungkwan-ah."

"Ah, it's okay sunbae. You don't need to, I mean I don't want to bother you.", I rejected the idea of sitting inside of the car with someone who intimidate me only with his aura, for 30 minutes.

"It's not a bother. I'll be heading there too. Let's go, Seungkwan-ah.", he walked to the parking lot without waiting for my response. I don't have any choice but to follow him.

 

------