PART 1 (2): Number of Cases

Smiling Flower

Chapter 2

Vernon POV

What a good day, I am in a total good mood, but why does the weather very cloudy? It’s a pity for someone who has a bad day today. I headed out to the recording studio to continue my song writing when I met Mr. Han.

"Good morning, Mr.Han" I said it brightly.

"Oh, good morning, Hansol-ah." he stopped. "Where are you going? Are you busy?"

"Emm, no I'm not. I took my day off and want to continue my song writing." I think he had something to say..........and I'm right, he is too predictable.

"Well, can you follow me for a while? I have something to say and text one of your members to go to my office now."

I followed him to his office while texting in my Line group.

"Hey, if you don't have anything urgent, our Mr. Han needs us in his office now." Seungcheol replied, "I'll go"

"Seungcheol-hyung will be here in a minute, sir." I sat next to Soo Hee and she looked in a bad mood. Well, it was her after all. There were Alphan (A/N: I just made it), a rocky singer group consist of two siblings: Hyuk Sae and Hyun Sae, in that room.

"Hyuk Sae-ah, do you know what are we doing here?", I asked

"We don't know, hyung." he and his sister, Hyun Sae seemed clueless like me. I don't feel like want to ask Soo Hee, so I kept quiet.

"You guys are here because I want to introduce you to our new family." He then explained to us the new boy situation.

Wow, this industry is so mean. I feel pity to that boy, I will feel depressed too if I should leave Pledis. This place is like a home to me. And actually I already know him from his Youtube account; he has a really beautiful voice.

"Is it really okay to welcome him to this agency? I thought you don't really like him, sir." Soo Hee start to speak her annoyance.

"Well, who said that I don't like him? I just didn’t recognize him sooner to invite him to be my trainee. I already watched his cover videos and I can say that he is very talented and unique, have you ever heard his original song?"

"I have, but I think his style doesn't really match with Pledis."

"I don’t really understand about what you mean with his style. But before that, let me ask you something, Soo Hee-ah, can you write a song?"

She can't answer that. Yeah, take that shot, princess.

Mr. Han smiled and said, "Well, he can and he is really good at it."

After that, she busied herself with her phone. Seungcheol arrived and I tell him the situation. Unlike Soo Hee, he responded the news enthusiastically.

"Wow, I can't wait to see him.", he jumped in his seat.

"And why is that?", Mr. Han asked him.

"Well, I just love to see a cute boy.", that is so Seungcheol's way of thinking.

"Ya! Don't mess up with him, he is your junior." He scolded him.

I just laughed because I already get used to with his flirty behavior.

"Why not, sir? I mean he is only 3 years younger than me."

"Oh, it means that he is older than us. Yeay, I have another oppa." Hyun Sae said excitedly and

Mr. Jo entered the room, "Mr. Han, he is here."

"Let him come in. Guys, please be friendly, okay."

"Yes, sir.", we said in unison.

A boy with short reddish fluufy hair comes into the room. Well, yes, he is very cute indeed. Not to mention his pettite figure and his pikachu bag. His oversize white sweater and his short jeans looked so cute in his body. He looked so nervous, maybe because all of the people in the room look at him with curiosity.

"Hello, Let me introduce myself. I'm a song writer and I was from Antena Ent, my name is Boo Seungkwan."

A simple but confident boy, he called himself a song writer. I like this attitude.

"Please take a sit, Seungkwan-shii.", he took a sit beside Hyun Sae.

"So, they are here to welcome you, I'm so sorry that I can't invite all off the people because of their schedules.", Mr. Han started the talk.

"Yes, because, except Seventeen sunbae, we don't have any job for a while…", Hyuk Sae added and made us laugh.

"Well, actually I am preparing for my comeback." Soo Hee finally joined the conversation still with her moody act.

"Us too. So, can you later hear our song and give us your opinion about it, oppa? Ah, Do you mind if I call you oppa from now on? You can also talk comfortably to us.", Hyun Sae tried to break the ice.

"I'd love to and I don't mind." he replied happily, I think he needs something to forget his sadness, I know is too sudden for him. I can notice his after crying red eyes.

"Well, I believe you already know the people here, Seungkwan-shii or should I call you Seungkwan-ah? Since I become your boss from now own." Mr. Han said casually.

"Of course, Mr Han, I saw them often in the television. And please just call me Seungkwan from now on.", he talked politely.

"Seungkwan-shii, can I talk comfortably to you too?", Seungcheol put his best smile.

"Ah, sure sunbaenim. You guys my senior after all."

"Really? All right then. Seungkwan-ah, hi~", Seungcheol waved and give his flirty look which make us laugh.

"Hello, sunbaenim.", he stand up and gave his 90° bow.

"Ah, and also you don't need to call us -nim, just sunbae is okay I guess. We are not that old.", I added casually.

"Well you can call him sunbae, but you can call me hyung if you want to.", Seungcheol not forget to wink.

I hit his head with a magazine in front of me, sometimes I want to forget the fact that he is 3 years older than me. Our antic is followed by everyone laughing.

"Stop it already. You confused him."

"Maybe I will start with sunbae first.", he added shyly, it broke our laughter once again.

"Good choice, Seungkwan-ah.", I gave him thumbs up which responded with his shy smile.

"Why are you suddenly talk down to him?", Seungcheol complained.

"Can't I? I'm his sunbae too, besides, we are in the same age."

"Oh, it's okay, sunbae."

"Do you hear that?", I hit his shoulder with my hand this time.

"Stop hitting me, I’m your hyung, you punk!", he rubbed his sor shoulder.

"Stop with your slapstick already. Seungkwan-ah, just let them be. And about your schedule, it will start tomorrow. So today you can do an office tour. Can someone accompany him? Or should I call other person?", Mr. Han looked at us.

"We have a photo shoot for our new album.", Hyuk Sae said with a sad face.

"I have a dance class.", Soo Hee added.

"I can do it.", Seungcheol happily volunteering.

"But I thought you have a dance class after this, oppa", Soo Hee suddenly responded.

"Ah, you are right. I'm sorry Seungkwan-ah."

"It's okay, sunbae. I can just exploring this place alone or ask the receptionist.", he said.

"No, that would be time consuming. I'll do it.", I volunteered.

Soo Hee looked at me disbelief, "Are you not bothered, sunbae?"

"No, why should I be bothered? I can talk to him about song writing after that."

"Thank you, sunbae.", he bowed slightly.

"Okay, it's settled then. Seungkwan-ah, see you later and welcome to the Pledis family.", Mr. Han closed the meeting and followed by everyone clapped.

"Let's go, Seungkwan-ah."

He followed me to the lift,

"I think we should start from the first floor to begin this tour.", I pressed the number 1 button.

He only smile and nodded quietly.

 

Seungkwan POV

Well here I am, following the most famous rapper, the member of the most famous hip hop group. And now he kindly gave me an office tour. Honestly, he looked a lot cooler in person and should I mention those eyes? No, I need to compose myself.

He explained me every room in the office, until in the 5th floor, he said proudly,

"And this my personal recording studio.", He opened the code and when we got inside the room the lamp was on automatically. It was a huge recording studio for me. The equipments are complete. Yes, this is exactly my dream recording studio. I can't hide my amazement.

"Wow!!!", Wait, it was too loud! I suddenly closed my mouth and bowed apologetically.

He looked at me with funny expression, hiding his laugh and only stifled giggle.

"I get this studio about 2 years ago, as a present from the boss. What do you think?", he sat in one of the chair.

I looked around still can't hide my amazement.

"This is really amazing, Vernon-sunbae. I can literary live here if I had one.", I looked at the various kinds of button. He laughed after heard my answer,

"Can you operate that?", he approached me who was still standing near the operate table. I just noticed that he is slightly taller than me.

"No, I can't. I never try it. I only write a song with a piano or a guitar. I have a simple equalizer in my house, though. But I rarely used that. I use a simple song maker application in my laptop, but again I prefer write my song with a piano and record it with a pencil and in my music book.", I touched one of the button carefully.

"Wow, finally you start talking. After the whole office tour, I rarely hear your voice.", he smiled and standing beside me.

"Oh my God, am I talking too much? I'm sorry, sunbae.", I bowed and covered my mouth again.

"No, your talking is fine. Come, sit.", he walked to the couch behind the operation table.

I followed him and sat a little far beside him, I can't stop looking at the equipment. I don't recognize that he was looking at me the whole time.

"You know, you can use it sometimes. You only need to ask my permission first.", he broke my day dream.

"Really, sunbae." I can't hide my excitement.

"Oh, I'm too loud again, ain't I? I'm sorry.", I tried to calm my mind down.

"It's okay. And I want to tell you something." he started to be serious. I looked at him with a serious face too.

"Don't apology to often, especially when you are not doing something wrong. It will only make you feel inferior. But don't be too cocky, it will not help you either. I'm telling you this as your sunbae and as your friend. All you need is confident and willingness to learn, understand?", he said it briefly.

"Yes, sunbae. Thank you for your advice.", I smiled and feel relieved for the first time I got here.

"Good. Now, as the introduction in this agency, how about I taught you the basic way to operate that equalizer buttons? What do you think?", He stand up and walked to the table with lots of buttons.

"I'd love to learn that, sunbae.", I responded happily and followed him.

He smiled and said, "That's what I'm talking about."

--------