PART 2 (1) : Tonight

Smiling Flower

Chapter 3

 

VERNON POV

It's been 2 weeks since the day Seungkwan joined the Pledis Ent. The entire member already met Seungkwan and everyone's impression are the same.

"He is a lot cuter in person.", even Wonwoo hyung thought the same thing. Well, that's extraordinary...

But I don't know why I haven't met Seungkwan again since the last office tour on the first day. I saw him sometimes in the practice room, but he looked so concentrate with singing practice and I don’t have the heart to disturb him.

I kinda...well, I don't know...miss him? Ahaha... don't be silly Hansol -__-" I think 'miss' is not the appropriate word. Honestly, I kinda like his existence near me and it's weird but I get a little bit annoyed when Seungcheol hyung always bragging about he met him everytime.

Not for long, I saw him in the cafeteria. I think a cup of Americano would be nice. I approached him and saw that he was talking with Mingyu hyung.

"Good afternoon, Hansol-ah!", Mingyu hyung greeted me cheerfully.

"Oh, afternoon, hyung."

He suddenly stands up and bowed his 90° bow,

"How are you, sunbae?"

"Oh, I'm good, thanks. It's okay, just sit.", I took a chair and sat across his table while Mingyu hyung sat next to him.

"Had you have your lunch, Hansol-ah?"

"I had. I only want to buy a cup of Americano.", I took of my sunglasses, yes, I wear sunglasses in the office.

"Have you ordered it yet? I'll order it for you I also want my daily dose of milkshake.", he stands up.

"Oh, really? I haven't, thanks."

When Mingyu hyung started to go, Seungkwan also stands up felt uncomfortable,

"Let me order it. I'm the junior here after all."

"Ah, you don't need to, Seungkwan-ah. Pay attention to your leg instead. Don't walk too much, yet. Let the healthy man order the Americano.", Mingyu hyung went to the counter and Seungkwan quietly sat again.

"What's wrong with your leg?", I immediately looked at his leg which had a bandage in his knee.

"Ah, this is not a big wound, It's okay.", he rubbed his wounded knee.

I still kept silent waiting for his real answer. It looks like he noticed my staring and said,

"I fell from the stair station this morning.", I looked at him with disbelieve.

"From a stair? How come? Are you not injured more than a wounded knee?", I noticed that my voice was a little bit panicking.

"It's okay, sunbae. I only fell 2 levels of the stair. I was accidentally pushed by a man, office worker I suppose. It was too crowded at that time, so I can’t blame him. I was the one who were not strong enough to hold the pressure. And... Actually, I also sprained my left ankle."

"While you wounded your right knee." I added.

He only smiled hearing my respond.

"You can't hold the pressure of the crowd? How come? Is it because you are too small?", he smiled again and said,

"Maybe.", he looked down at his lunchbox.

"You should be careful next time, but you must fell down often then... I mean every time you take the train."

"No, sunbae. Actually...I don't really get used to travel by train. Usually, either my parents drop me by or I go to one place to another with my bicycle. Especially, when I was in Antenna. But, Pledis Ent is too far from my house and my parents can't drive me every day, so sometimes I have to take the train."

"Aigoo..don't tell me it's your first time after a long time you take the train.", I can't hide my concern expression.

"No, sunbae. It' my second time.", he said it briefly with his cute expression. Damn. How come this boy can be so adorable??!

"It's not really different.", I said try to cover my smile after saw his cute expression.

"Have you sanitized the wound? What about your sprained ankle?", I tried to look closer but he seemed uncomfortable with my act, so I got back to my seat.

"It's already healed, sunbae. Don't worry.", he gave me his innocent smile. I can't help but smile too.

Wait a minute.. Why am I so concern with his condition? It can't be right. But.... I feel something strange in my mind… and my freaking heart.

He opened his lunchbox and holds his chopsticks.

"Let's eat, sunbae."

"Wow…a homemade lunchbox. I haven't seen it in a while."

"Really, sunbae? I always bring my lunchbox with me, my mom told me to, she said I should be more economical."

"Your mom cooked it for you?"

"No, not anymore. I mean I already 20 years old, I have to prepare my own lunchbox."

"Oh, so you cooked all of this?", I pointed on his full packed of food and side dish lunchbox.

"Yes, sunbae. Do you want to try it, sunbae? I haven't used my chopsticks yet.", he offered me his purple chopsticks. Wait, does he know what is he doing? Or he just totally clueless.. I mean, I will use his chopstick, and he also will use it...So…

"I'm sorry if I'm too forcing you." he took back his chopsticks.

Wait! No! Wait! I immediately grabbed his hand which holding the chopsticks. Why does his hand so small and soft?

He looked surprise, so did I. We paused, and looked each other in confusion while I still grabbed his soft hand. I should let his hand go, why can't I? Hey, Hansol, let his hand go now!!!

Finally I came back to my sense and took the chopsticks from him. Don't want to be more awkward, I asked him,

"Seungkwan-ah, which one is recommended?", I looked at his lunchbox.

"Up to you, sunbae.", he also came back to his sense.

I took a kimbap (A/N: are you kimbap kidding me?!) covered with fried egg and ate it. Damn. It's delicious!

"Wow, you are not only genius in writing songs, Seungkwan-ah, but you also great in cooking.", . That was too cheesy. hehehe...I don't care anymore about my comment, I'm still trying to normalize my heartbeat which suddenly doubled up its beat.

Fortunately, Mingyu hyung came with my Americano.

"I'm sorry for take too long, Hansol-ah. I made mistake in putting the syrups. Here's your Americano."

Thanks God! I can't really stand with the awkwardness.

"Thank you, hyung. I leave. Thanks for the kimbap, Seungkwan-ah.", I immediately got from there and trying not to trip my own feet.

One thing that I don't know, it's not only my face which grew red but his face also became red like a cherry. A small adorable cherry.

-------------