Bangtan Boys

28 Days

     Taehyung winks, kisses his palm and blows it towards me. "You'll thank me later."

     I wiped my face and rolled my eyes. I turned around from him and saw Jungkook's body was facing our direction. He was glaring at us. How long was Jungkook staring? When our eyes met, he quickly freezes and looked away. He began walking towards the school again.

 

     Taehyung begged me to go into his car with him. I would have refused, but kids were still surrounding the parking lot and saw the whole incident unfold. If I left him, people would probably think my relationship with Taehyung wasn't real. I sighed and sat in the passenger seat of the Ferrari. 

 

     "Can you please explain to me why you told Jungkook we're dating?" I whined.

     "Not just dating. We're boyfriend and girlfriend," Taehyung corrected me.

      "Okay, my fake boyfriend. Why?"

     "I can't go into explicit detail but it's all apart of the plan. You know the plan to get you and Jungkook get closer," Taehyung explains like it should have been obvious.

 

     "How is this supposed to get me and Jungkook closer?" I questioned.

     "Jealousy, duh."

     I snorted and smacked my knee. "Jealousy? Oh c'mon Taehyung, you know Jungkook has no romantic feelings for me. Why would he be jealous of me dating you? This makes no sense."

 

     "First of all, we don't know how Jungkook feels about you. Second of all, whether you want to admit it or not, Jungkook and you have been getting closer. You guys are almost even friends."

 

     I interrupted him. "Huh, friends? Any time we actually have a conversation, it always ends up in a heated argument."

     "A meaningful heated argument," Taehyung pointed out.

 

     "So what? I literally want to rip my hair out when I have a discussion with that guy. God, he's even worse than the arrogant s on my debate team." I sighed. "Okay, but how does jealousy have to do with this just because we're 'almost friends'," I bent my fingers to express my exasperation.

 

     Taehyung makes a sharp right turn. He was driving pretty fast, but still pretty well for a monster whose main residence is Hell.

 

     "All friends get jealous of each other when they hang out with other people. Especially people who are cooler than them," Taehyung pointed to himself.

     I chuckled. "You are the opposite of cool. Yeah, you're the freaking devil himself and have superpowers, but besides that your personality is pretty average."

     "Wow, you really hurt my nonexistent, non-beating heart," he replies sarcastically, wiping away a fake tear. 

 

     "Anyways, in case you haven't noticed you're a loser at school. You got a couple of friends but you aren't on any sports teams, ain't rich, don't dress well and the only attention you've gotten before meeting me is being the victim of Jungkook's pranks." 

 

     I open my mouth to argue but I shut it. Oh damn, he's right. 

 

     "By dating me, a super model-lookalike who drives a two million dollar car, your social status will be raised at school. Thus, other kids in your grade will pay more attention to you. Jungkook will get annoyed that you're receiving all this fame, and BAM, he'll want to get closer to you himself." 

     I wish I could argue with him again, but Taehyung made some good points. "Wow you might actually be right," I admitted with shame.

     "I'm always right. So what do you want for lunch? Jjangmyeon or Taco Bell?"

 

     I traveled my regular path to school the next day. After I entered the front doors, I noticed a different vibe from the students. Instead of ignoring me like I was invisible, I saw people whispering and pointing. But not like they were ashamed or laughing at me. No, their faces showed they were impressed. 

 

     Hoseok, one of Jungkook's closer friends, patted me on the back. "Damn y/n, didn't know you had it in ya."

 

     "Uh, thanks.." I couldn't tell if he was sarcastic or not. 

     Hoseok was apart of the notorious Bangtan Boys in our city. There are popular people at our school, but the Bangtan Boys were at a different level. They were teen royalty. The Bangtan Boys usually stuck to themselves or allowed an exclusive few to be seen with them at school. No one knew what bonded them together. Was it their good looks? Their playboy antics? 

 

     They were so famous that the girls in our city even created a fandom name for them, ARMY. ARMY stands for Adorable MC for Youth. It's pretty much the most badass name for a fandom. 

 

     Jin, another Bangtan Boy, also congratulated me. "So what did you do to seduce him? I also want a sugar daddy," he whined. Hoseok smacked him.

 

     I rolled my eyes. "I didn't seduce him. You guys are so weird..." Yeah, calling them weird wasn't a smart move, but I wanted them to leave me alone. It felt strange that the most exclusive clique was interacting with me. Were they here to threaten or hurt me?

 

     "So how much did his car cost?" Yoongi, another Bangtan Boy, asked. 

     "I don't know...a couple million I guess. Seems like a waste of money, though." I shrugged my shoulders.

    Yoongi gasped and put his hand over his mouth like he was genuinely offended. "You-you demon. Take that back. A beautiful car like that is never a waste or money. It is a man's pride..a man's baby!"

     "Like I said you guys are so weird..." I muttered.

 

     "Can you guys leave y/n alone?" Jungkook joined the group. He was dressed in a black t shirt, jeans, a dark beanie and tan timbs.

 

 

 

 

 

     "No need to get so jealous Jungkook. You know, y/n has a man now. It's too late for you to take a slice of her cherry pie. She's off the market," Yoongi casually remarks.

     "Take a slice of cherry pie?!" Jungkook and I choked, our eyes widening.

 

     "Damn if I didn't know any better, I'd think you guys are dating," Jin wiggled his eyebrows. 

     "Absolutely not. Never!" Jungkook and I replied at the same time.

     "See? You guys are so in sync. I heard that when people are dating, they're alike and talk the same way too," Jin explains.

     "We are nothing alike!" Jungkook and I declare. We point at each other and simulaneously yell, "We gotta stop doing that!"

 

 

 

     Jin, Yoongi and Hoseok smile at each other like they knew something we didn't.

     Yoongi says, "You guys just proved it yourselves. Strange y'all talk the same way, yet barely even speak to each other. You guys used to converse all the time. I remember Jungkook telling us about his childhood memories about you-"

 

     "YOONGI HYUNG!" Jungkook whined.

     "Oops, I wasn't supposed to supposed to say that in front of her, was I?"

 

     Jungkook shook his arms back and forth, alike to  a baby throwing a tantrum. I giggled and pretended to be cool, but I was shocked. He's talked about me? But I thought he hated me. I thought he hated all the childhood memories of us. Isn't that why he ended our friendship and only tortured me?

 

     The first bell rang, which indicated that class was about to official start in 10 minutes. 

     Hoseok huffed. "Ugh, I wanted to find other ways to annoy Jungkook, but we have to go to our lockers. I guess I'll see ya around, y/n," he clicks his tongue, gives me a fist pound, then walks away.

 

     Jin and Yoongi also say their farewells. 

     I fiddled with my thumbs, nervously. "I guess it's only you and I, Jungkook. Hey, how about we go to class together since it's our first period-"

    Jungkook walks away without sparing me a glance or saying a single word. I'm not even surprised. I went to my locker and reached first period English. Jungkook was there in his seat using his phone. I sit next to him, and he doesn't glance up. It was like I wasn't even there. One step closer to his heart, and then he walks ten steps further away from me. 

 

     Class goes by regularly and he continues his ignoring routine. Finally, it's lunch time. 

     I buy some kimbap and banana milk from the cafeteria. I arrive at my regular table outside, and sat alone. This table is perfect because it has a view of the student parking lot which contains Jungkook's car. 

     Jungkook usually leaves school during lunch and probably goes to local fast food restaurants. I wouldn't know where he exactly goes to because I don't have a car to follow him with. This is a perfect place to spy on him without being suspicious.

 

     I tear off my kimbap packaging and await for Jungkook to go the parking lot and drive away with his car. Checking my watch, I realize it's 7 minutes into lunch time. That's strange, he's usually left by now. 

    I was just about to take my first bite of the food, when a manicured, petite hand grabs the kimbap from my hand and throws it on the ground. 

 

     "Hey, that's no fair! What did the kimbap ever do to you?!" I yelped. I looked up and shut my mouth. It's Ji Hee and her gang were right behind her. I gulped. 

 

     "Really y/n? Worrying about kimbap? I'm pretty sure that's going to be the least of your problems when I'm finished with you." Ji Hee cracks her knuckles.

     "Hahahahah what are you talking about?" I squeaked.

     "Thanks to my top resources, I've finally figured out the identity of the Victoria's Secret Scammer. It's you," she points at me.

 

     I guess Jungkook finally told her the truth. Can't trust a kid who resembles a coconut.

 

     "Uh, you have no evidence and I have no idea what you're talking about. I can advise you a therapist for the delusions you're having-"

 

     "Shut it. Fred told me everything and now it's all making sense." Fred popped up from behind Ji Hee and crossed his arms.

     "How could you Fred? And how did you even know?" I ask him. 

 

     Fred adjusts his glasses. "I'm sorry y/n. But I saw you commit the crime. I always glance in your class before first period starts so I can check out the pretty girls in your class. Such as, Ji Hee here," he shyly points to Ji Hee and she gags.

 

     "When you thought nobody was watching you, I was. I saw you write the message on the board and  recorded the incident with my phone." 

     He pops out his Samsung and shows me the video. The screen displays the side profile of my bushy, unruly hair and the outfit I wore that day, while committing the crime. 

     Oh fiddle sticks, I'm really done for.

 

     Other students began joining the crowd behind Ji Hee. 

 

     "Can't argue with that, huh, y/n?", Ji Hee laughs maliciously. "I've figured out your villainous master plan. I remember the day that you stole my chair, you begged to switch seats with me. Because I'm a genius, I figured out something was suspicious. So I refused. But of course, you took matters into your own hands and scammed your way into my seat next to Jungkook." 

 

      Damn she is spot on. Can't argue with that.

     "Am I wrong, y/n? I'll hurt you if you lie to me." She raises her manicured hand up, threatening me.

 

     "No, you're right. Everything you're saying is the truth-" Before I completed that sentence, her hand strikes me against the my cheek hard. I felt her nails dig into my face. When her nails left my skin, my cheek was still stinging. 

     A pool of liquid fell down my face. Was it my tears? I wiped my face with the sleeve of my white sweater and found a deep, red stain. No, it was blood.

 

     "What the heck? I told you the truth and you still hit me? Gosh, I hope you break your manicure," I snapped, while cleaning my head with some napkins.

    I study Ji Hee's face and there was not a trace of guilt. 

 

    "What I don't understand is why would you do all this? We all know how disgusted Jungkook is from your presence. He's always showed the world how much he hates you. So why would you create this tomfoolery? If not attention, is it because you thought you had a chance of him dating you?"

 

     I snort. "Man, Ji Hee if only you knew... Look, I knew you were a sicko, but smacking someone just because you didn't get clothes and are threatened by them? If you're so desperate, go search for a Victoria's Secret jacket in the dumpster, you freak." 

     Ji Hee began screaming like a banshee. I must have really hurt her ego. She slammed her fist against the table.

 

     "You know, I was about to let you go.. But it's only fair for you to deal with further consequences for your actions. C'mon boys."

 

     Two jocks from the football team push me from my seat on the table. I hit the ground. They pick me up and hold my arms back. I tried to escape from their grasp, but it was no use. Years of being a couch potato finally caught up to me. I was not strong enough to escape this situation. She strikes me against my nose. More blood pours down my face. 

 

     "Laugh all you want, y/n. It is a funny matter. Thinking that someone low class as you could date someone as great as Jeon Jungkook? That you can create mischief and fool all the girls in our class without consequences?" 

 

     After each sentence, she and her friends kicked me in the stomach. I thought it wouldn't hurt that much, but their high heels dug into my stomach. 

 

      "We all know you're dating some billionaire model. Yet that wasn't enough? You're still trying to get into another guys' pants? What a . Jungkook is grossed out by everything you are. I see it. We all see it. You aren't even worthy enough to clean the dirt off his shoes-"

 

     "She is much more worth to me than that," a deep voice booms from the crowd.

     The kids move away to let Jungkook get closer to us. He looks at the entire scene that unfolded and stares at me. His face dropped from the sight of me drenched in blood.

 

     "What the hell is going on here?"

     Ji Hee stutters, "U-uh Jungkook what are you doing here?"

      Jungkook ignores her question.

      "Imbeciles, let her go," he demanded.

      The guys look at Ji Hee for approval. She shakes her head refusing. 

     "I guess I'll have to do it myself." He pulls one of the guys off of me and flips him over like a hamburger patty. 

 

 

 

*Instant replay*

 

 

 

     Now that one of my arms was free, I punch the other guy in the gut. He lets go of me and tumbles over in pain.

 

     Jungkook holds my arm. "I'll let you know y/n has so much worth to me than you guys realize. She is not a . Talking to other guys besides her boyfriend doesn't mean she's a cheater. Besides, the reasons why we've become closer is because she recently become a member of the Bangtan Boys."

 

     The teens around us were in shock, especially me. Everyone's eyes widen, and most kids' mouths were in the shape of an 'O'.  

 

     "But that's impossible! Not just any average person can join. One of the main rules is you have to be apart of the male elite. That would mean y/n would be the first girl to ever join in history!" Ji Hee screeches and grabs a fistful of her hair. Damn, this girl has lost her mind.

 

     Jungkook edges his hand towards mine ever so slightly, until I felt his fingertips brush my hand. I unfurled my fingers and let his slip around mine until I could feel the heat of his palm pressed against my own. I shudder because his hand is so much warm in comparison to my cold one. His thumb caresses mine. 

 

     He turns towards me and lowers his face until we were inches from each other.  Jungkook holds my gaze and says, "I know." He tightens his grasp around my fingers.

     He leads me away from the scene and we walk towards the parking lot. The whole entire time, Jungkook doesn't let go of my hand. Not even for one second.