Goodbye

28 Days

      "Just please...don't leave me alone. At least not tonight." He tightens his grasp around me, as if I'll disappear if I let go.

      "I won't."

 

      He continues hugging me, crying into my shoulder to relieve the pain of the past. I allow him, and we both sob into each other's arms until we drift asleep.

 

     I wake up feeling a warm body wrapped around my limbs. I assumed it was my little brother who used to cuddle with me all the time.

 

     "Hyuk...let go. I have to get up."

      No response.

 

       "Hyuk, c'mon..."

       I poked the arm that was tightly wrapped around my waist. My eyes widen from shock. Instead of feeling a skinny arm, I felt a huge, muscular bicep. This could not be a ten year old. 

 

     I opened my eyes and turned my head to observe the body that was sleeping with me. Close to my face, I saw a man with dark, tousled hair. I identified the man to be Jungkook.

 

      How the heck did this even happen...I recall to the events of last night. I remember him crying into my arms and finally resting his head on my shoulder...but how did we end up in this position?

 

        One of his arms was firmly tightened around my waist. His other arm is beneath my head, acting like a pillow. His leg is tightly locked over both of my legs, which is preventing me from falling off the small couch.

 

     I felt vulnerable in his firm grasp like a victim being constructed by an anaconda. 

 

      Witt great effort, I try to remove myself from his grasp, but it was no use. I was not strong enough. 

 

      I sigh. This was oddly comforting in a way...Jungkook is like teddy bear cuddling me. More like a giant muscular teddy bear who is invading my personal space. But it's still enjoyable. If I wasn't so hungry and wanted to get some food. 

 

      I nudge Jungkook to awaken him.

      "C'mon Jungkook, let go..."

 

       Instead of listening to my request, he tightens his embrace around my waist and moves his lips closer to mine. 

 

       "Just go to sleep, babe..." He kisses my shoulder and nuzzles his nose against my neck.

 

      Babe? Oh, hell naw.

 

      I grab his thumb, place it between my teeth and bite him. His legs and arms quickly unravel from my body. I no longer had anyone holding me onto the couch and fall to the floor.

      Thud. 

 

      "Yah! Why did you bite me like a tiger, crazy girl?" Jungkook stands up and backs away from me. He holds his thumb in his other hand and pouts.

 

       Slowly, I pick myself from the floor and dust my clothes off. I place my hand against my back.

       "Ouch..and why were you hugging me? And why did you call me babe?" I asked him.

 

       He points to himself. "I did that? Sorry, I thought I was dreaming..."

 

      "So you dreamt you were cuddling me and kissed me on the shoulder?" I accused him. 

 

      "Uh...yeah except it wasn't you I dreamt I was cuddling with." A bead of sweat falls off his forehead.

 

       "Oh, okay. Who were you dreaming about?" I wondered.

 

      "Jisoo, of course." Jungkook confidently winks.

 

      I snort. "Her name is JI HEE for the hundredth time. So you're telling me you dreamt about a girl you don't even remember the name of?" 

 

      "Yes?" His answer comes out more like a question than a response.

 

      "Okay, dude. Whatever you say." I put my hands up, not even wanting to question his mindset.

 

     He begins whining. "I really did dream of her. She's so pretty and cool...I love how her hair extensions match the color of her eyes."

 

     I raise my eyebrow. "The color of her hair extensions are blonde...her eyes are brown."

 

     "I'm talking about the days she wears eye contacts." He explains.

 

       "Blonde eye contacts. Sure dude...." I sarcastically replied.

 

       "Uh, yes dude."

 

       I laugh hard. Jungkook can appear to be so intimidating and manly, but he really has the mindset of a child.

 

        "It really wasn't you in my dream. Okay, I admit it wasn't Jisoo either...it was actually..." he places his thumb beneath his chin, thinking.

 

       "Who?" I'm curious.

 

        "IU." Jungkook responds.

 

     "Oh...well that makes sense. She's really pretty and talented." I nod, understanding his dream.

 

      "Duh. I'd never dream about you like that..." Jungkook mutters.

 

      "Okay, whatever you say. But you gotta get your head out of the clouds. IU is literally the nation's daughter meanwhile you're just...you."

 

      Jungkook shakes his hands back and forth, throwing a tantrum.

      "And what's wrong with being me?" He whined

 

     "Nothing..it's just, she usually dates older guys."

 

      "So? IU would make an exception just for me." He places his hands on his hips.

 

       "Of course, Jungkook." I snort.

 

       Once again, the mindset of a child. He's so...adorable. I want to protect him.

 

      "You think I'm adorable?" Jungkook his eyebrow, teasing me.

 

      "Huh? When did I say that?"

 

      "Out loud right now. 'Once again, he has the mindset of a child. He's so...adorable. I just want to protect him.'" He imitates me in a high pitched, nasally voice.

 

       My eyes widen from shock. Did I just say my thoughts out loud?

 

       "You did..." He steps closer to me.

 

       I cover my mouth with my hands. Ugh, this is just plain embarrassing.

 

       "It really is embarrassing..but at least I know what you think about me." He inches towards me, and I walk backwards, until my back is pressed against the wall. But he still gets closer.

 

        He's so near that our noses were now brushing each other.

 

      "You think I'm adorable. You know what I think?" His hot breath tickles my cheeks.

 

        He places his hands against the wall, trapping me in his arms. I close my eyes.

 

      We were so close that I could feel how fast Jungkook's heart is beating through the the fabric of his shirt. 

 

        "I think...I'm adorable too!"

 

        He steps away from me and begins laughing. 

 

        "Huh?" That was weird.

 

       "You should have seen your face...ahh, I really can't ever kid around with you."

 

        My face flushed. "I knew that you were kidding. Just a really strange way to joke around."

 

      "Oh really, you knew? Then why was your face so shocked." 

 

       He imitated my facial expression by making his mouth an O shape and widening his eyes twice the original size.

 

 

 

 

       "Because that was a really weird joke...anyways, I'm hungry. Peace." I begin to depart the room.

 

        Before I exit, Jungkook calls out to me.

        "I'm going to shower and then complete some other activities outside...get ready soon. We're gonna leave then for the party."

 

        Oh right, the party. Totally forgot today was the day. I enter the kitchen, grab a granola bar from the table and fill a glass with apple juice.

 

        Only got fifteen more days....

 

      Well I got through a lot of Jungkook's tough exterior. I finally know the truth about our past and why he destroyed our friendship. I reminded him too much of his mother.

 

       His mother who took her own life...

       Which is how his death is predicted to occur in fifteen days.

 

      I shudder. But I can stop it. I can prevent it all from happening. 

 

      After traveling time, didn't I completely alter the events of the past? In these weeks, I orignally ignored Jungkook and occasionally threw shade at him. On this particular Friday, I would've been at my house, watching kdramas with Bora.

 

      But instead, here I was in a hotel with Jungkook, healing from a gunshot wound.

 

      Man, I really was giving it my all. I consume another bite from my apple and hear the sound of the living room door being shut.

 

      Jungkook left the hotel without saying goodbye.

 

      He already told me he was going to leave, but I just wanted to say farewell to him. Since he won't let me come with me to his activities, I won't know if this was the last I was going to see him.

 

       And so I did what any sensible person would do. 

 

       I quickly slipped on my shoes, and dashed out of the hotel suite. I ran down the hallway to the elevator and pressed the button so I could go down. 

 

       But it was already in use. I couldn't wait for Jungkook to get on the main floor and then use the elevator.

 

      Huffing and puffing, I climbed down eight flights of stairs to reach the main floor. Jungkook was already halfway down the lobby. 

 

      "Jungkook, wait!" I yelped. I bent down, putting my hands on my knees, trying to catch my breath.

 

      Jungkook turned his head towards me. But so did the rest of the lobby. I yelled loud enough to get everyone's attention in a twenty foot radius.

 

       Jungkook walks towards me.

 

       "What are you doing here?" He asked, puzzled. The rest of the lobby was silent, watching the drama unfold.

 

        "I-I," I began stuttering. I must've looked crazy in my pajamas and my hair tied in a not-so-cute-messy bun in the middle of a fancy hotel.

 

     Finally, I gained the courage to explain some of my internal feelings. 

 

      "I came here to see you."

 

       "Why?" He asks, crossing his arms while doing so.

 

       "Because I didn't know how long I'd be without you. You won't let me come with you to your work, so I came to say goodbye."

 

       Everybody in the hotel who were previously confused began cheering.

 

         "AWWW!!!" The crowds of people in the lobby cooed.

 

       We saw Carl and Dahee, the elderly couple from the restaurant. 

       "You should give her a goodbye kiss," Carl suggested.

 

       I crossed my arms to form an X shape.

 

       "No, that's not necessary!" I nervously laughed and looked at Jungkook for reinforcement.

 

       But Jungkook looked oddly amused with the whole situation.

      Jungkook lowered himself so we're at eye level.

 

      He brushes a strand of hair behind my ear. He then places both of his palms and my cheeks and moved closer.

        "Perhaps it is necessary..."

 

         Without warning, he locks his lips with mine.

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE: oh ho ho, ended with my infamous cliffhanger. I'm working on the next chapter by the way, so it'll be up soon.

 

        I hope the random IU stuff was entertaining haha. I'd like to clarify that I don't actively ship Jungkook and IU romantically persay, but as friends 100%!!

 

        I don't have ANYTHING against people who do ship them romantically- he's a very enthusiastic fanboy. Just like how Park Jihoon has an adorable admiration for Taehyung, it's evident that Jungkook looks up to IU a lot. I don't know if Jungkook actually has romantic feelings for IU lmfao, I just wanted to make my story funny...it's really not that deep.

 

     And I'm not saying that it's unrealistic for IU and Jungkook to date. They're both legal and Beyoncé and Jay Z have an 11 year age difference so there's always a chance. I don't know what IU's type is. Once again, everything in the story is fictional it's not meant to be taken seriously...please don't take it so. 

 

      Thanks for reading! Please vote, comment and share the story with your friends if you can. ❤️