Week 01: Wallflower

Housemates (SaNayeon Edition)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Week 01: Saturday

It's nice to be back home. It's been a long week and I'm exhausted. Not so exhausted that I couldn't do with some fun. But it might be nice to chill with my guitar and work on some new songs too. 

I'm thinking about my room when I see Sana on the porch, talking to Mina.

"Seriously, this party is gonna be great! You gotta come out." I hear Sana says.

She sees me walking up and waves excitedly.

"You too, Nayeon! This is the first really big party of the quarter. It's gonna be so much fun! Everyone will be there!"

Ladies fresh from their first week of classes, looking to unwind? That's just the kind of fun I could use! Though I am really exhausted, I don't know if my game's up for it.

"Where's it at?" I ask.

"Qasr Party Hall. You gotta come out, Mina and I are gonna tear up the night, aren't we hon?"

"Umm... not really... I guess?" Mina answers, looking flustered.

"No, no, hon the answer is 'Definitely!'"

Sana gives Mina a mock stern look that cracks me up. She really is full of energy.

"I gotta go to my room for a bit, I'll think about it okay?" I say.

"Alright, but don't keep us waiting forever babe. Couple of hot peeps like us won't stick around for long!"

Sana nudges Mina again, who just looks uncomfortable. I head past the other two and up to my room to unload my books.

--------------------

Later that evening...

The loud thumping tells me we've arrived at the right place. I tear my eyes off of Sana's fantastic outfit to scope out the scene. This is my first official college party, and I gotta admit I'm impressed. The beer is flowing and the music is loud.

The three of us make our way inside and hit up the drinks first thing. No sense wasting time getting wasted, I always say! I push through the crowd to get up to the keg, grabbing up a few cups.

"Sana, you want one of these? Sana?"

I look around as I search for her. Luckily she didn't totally abandon me. I catch up with her outside the restroom eyeing the dance floor.

"I picked you up a cup, babe. You want to hit the floor?" I lean close to her right ear as I say it.

"Oooh, nice!"

Sana pounds her drink back like she's accepting a challenge. A challenge I'm definitely gonna see through. Sana's got wild-child written all over her, and I'm not gonna lie- I wanna see how far she goes. Oh and just so you know, I'm usually not this curious and interested to girls nor boys in general, I do flirt a lot, yes, but that's about it. With Sana, however, I find myself drawn to her the more I get to know her. Probably cause she reminds me of myself.

"Here take mine, I'll grab another." I offer.

"Hang on sweetie, aren't you forgetting someone?" Sana says.

"Huh?"

"Mina! You know I really did bring her out here for a reason. I mean, you saw how shy she was around the house! The poor thing's just gonna sit in her room gathering dust if we don't get her out there."

Oh, right. I almost kinda forgot Mina was with us.

"I guess, but do you really think she's ready for this? That Mina's a natural wallflower, you know. She's not like you and me."

"That's exactly why she needs friends like us."

"Friends like who?" Mina says, coming out of nowhere.

"Hey, welcome back!" I say loudly.

"Friends like us, to get you out partying into the night! For your first task, go and get us more beer!" Sana orders. She chugs the last of the beer in the cup I'd given her, raising her hands up to give a shout. Several people around the room return her cheer, the mood is getting good in here.

"Umm... I guess I can go... Where is it?" Mina asks. She looks completely nervous, she's eyeing all the people in the room like they're going to mob her any moment.

"Right over there, sweet thing. Now get! The night's not getting any younger and I'm not getting any drunker. Both of these things are a shame." Sana acts as if she's disappointed.

"Well, okay..."

Mina makes her way through the crowd back over to the keg.

"Well, hot cakes? What're you waiting for? Go help her out! She'll never make it on her own." Sana orders me. 

I can't believe I'm letting this girl boss me around. "Me? What about you?"

"If I keep pushing, she's going to think I'm overbearing or something. She needs support from both of her friends. You go help her out, I'm gonna go hit the dance floor, come bring her out when you find

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter