Week 07: Thanksgiving

Housemates (SaNayeon Edition)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Week 07: Thursday

I can't believe all of my finals are done! That was grueling.

Winter break is set to start after this week. Apparently, there are make-up finals on friday before they officially end the quarter. That just means I get to spend Thanksgiving with my housemates.

Everyone's pretty happy about their tests being over. Even if we bombed a test, we're all just happy to have them over with!

Most of us slept in today, catching up on the sleep we've been missing from the last few days of studying.

Since Tzuyu and Chaeyoung are doing the cooking, the rest of us took the opportunity to watch some movies.

I'm a little bummed I'm missing my family's Thanksgiving. My mom's turkey will make a grown person cry, it's so good. But hanging out with my housemates has been good too. Even Jeongyeon's relaxed.

"Hey, Mina, Nayeon- One of you want to come in here and give us a hand real quick?" Tzuyu asks. She's standing by the kitchen door holding a spatula on one hand.

"Everything's okay in there, right?" Jeongyeon asks back.

"Oh yeah, it's fine. We just need a little help with some of the cutting." Tzuyu answers.

Mina turns to look at me.

"I can go...or were you going to?" She asks.

"You stay out here, I'll help." I say.

"Okay, come on Nayeon!" 

I stand up and make my way over to the kitchen.

"Oh, are you helping us? Thank you, Nayeonnie!" Chaeyoung says, smiling.

"No biggie!" I say as I tousle her hair.

"Okay, I'm trying to put together this lasagna. I have to lay the noodles down, can you help slice the vegetables?" Tzuyu says.

"Sure!" I pick up a knife and start slicing zucchini.

"Can you please get these apples as well? I am making a stuffing." Chaeyoung says.

"Okay, I'll get those next."

I usually don't bother myself with these kind of things, but since I'm in a pretty festive mood then bring it on.

"Vegetable lasagna, Tzuyu?" I ask.

"Yep! Whole wheat noodles, chopped spinach, vegan cream cheese... it's gonna be great!" She replies excitedly.

I nod at her, then I look at Chaeyoung who is busy massaging the turkey with condiments.

"I guess that's why you've got turkey duties, Chaeyoung? No vegan problems for you huh?" 

"No, I'm not vegetarian."

"Are you going to try my lasagna, Nayeon?" Tzuyu asks.

"I suppose it can't kill me."

"Gee thanks."

We all chuckle as we bustle about the kitchen.

Once I've got all the cutting done, I take the goods to their respective cooks.

"Thank you, unnie! Here, put those in here. I need to put this into the turkey in a moment." Chaeyoung says.

"Actually, Nayeon, could you give me a hand over here? I have to lay this sauce out in good layers so it doesn't get all runny." Tzuyu says.

"Let me help Tzuyu really quick, Chaeyoung-ah, then I'll help you."

"I think I can manage, don't worry about me!" Chaeyoung turns her back at me to continue working on her turkey.

Tzuyu smiles at me.

"Thanks, Nayeon. Here, you put the vegies in and I'll pour over them. Then we need to do the next layer."

"Roger that! So, any big plans for winter vacation?" 

"Not really. But my mom's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter