Introduction

Housemates (SaNayeon Edition)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ah, college. A glorious new world, filled to the brim with opportunities for education, community service, and networking. Or it would be if I actually believed any of that crap.

The name's Im Nayeon by the way, known far and wide for two things: being beautiful, and musically talented. Oh and before you get the wrong idea, I'm not all that well known in the music industry, yet. Many have tried to downgrade what I am capable of, but I stood tall and I keep light on my feet.

Yes, I am a gorgeous, mean music beyotch. As for college? Well, much as it'll break mom and pop's hearts, I just don't have it in me to be yet another white-collar stooge. 

No, I've got my sights set a whole hell of a lot higher. All the way up to the cheap seats in a sold out stadium! That's why I picked JYPU, a cool ten minutes away from some of the best acoustic venues in the country. 

I've got the band. We've got the venue. All we need is some publicity.

Anyways, enough of the blabbering. First things first, I've gotta check in with my RA, get my key, and move in my stuff. 

I'm living in a house on-campus. It's not cheap, but it's closer to town and I'll have less people whining when I strum my lovely guitar.

"You're late."

Of course general whining might still be a problem.

Some pixie cut prep-school beyotch stands between me and the doorway to my house, looking over me disapprovingly. The feeling's mutual.

"Yeah, whatever. You the RA?" I say coolly.

"Yes, I am. I'm Jeongyeon. You?"

"Nayeon. I'm here for my keys."

"Not so fast. There's another lady in the common room who's been waiting ten minutes for me to start orientation." She dangles the keys from her hand. "You won't be getting these until we're done."

"Well I suppose that's fair, after all you can't expect everyone to -- hey what's that?!" I point behind her as I make a grab for the keys.

Before I get half-way there, she has pulled the keys away and swats at me with her free hand.

"Seriously, do I look like an 8 year old to you? Don't answer that." She folds her arms below her chests while raising an eyebrow. "Fools always answer the rhetorical questions... so I'll be expecting your answer shortly."

I bite back a remark while sticking my stinging hand into my pocket, she doesn't deserve any satisfaction.

"Yeah, yeah, try that mess on my territory see how far you get."

Rolling her eyes, Jeongyeon replies, "Just get inside before you waste any more of my time."

"Whatever..." I sorta whisper. She sure is high-and-mighty for catching me off guard with a lucky cheap shot, but she's nothing I can't handle.

I'm about to step inside, when --

BLAG!!!

I'm knocked to the ground by someone barelling past me.

"Whoops, sorry!" I hear a woman say. 

She keeps on running into the house, which is more than enough time for me to take in that y, lean body. I grin. "You know, I wasn't sure about this place but I think I'm gonna like it here."

"Don't go getting any ideas, I left the fire extinguisher inside. Ugh, like Sana's not enough of a handful..." Jeongyeon says while massaging her temples.

"Oh, an ideas woman is she? Even better!"

Jeongyeon rolls her eyes, again.

"Just get up already."

Geez, this girl's a douchette. I'd sit here all day just to screw with her, but the sooner she tells me her rules, the sooner I'll know what really pisses her off.

Finally I enter the house I'll be calling home for the next year. The first floor is huge. I can immediately see an oversized couch facing a nice big screen TV. There's also some kind of breakfast nook with a big table, and an area with several bookshelves surrounding a bunch of comfortable looking chairs.

There's a shoulder-length-haired girl sitting on the sofa closest to the TV, quietly reading a book. She's kinda pretty... although not as pretty as I am HAHAHA.

"Hey there. I'm Nayeon."

"...Mina." The girl replies softly I almost didn't hear her. She looks at me for all of two seconds before dropping her eyes to the floor. Oh the shy ones...

"Hey, no need to be so shy! We're going to be housemates from now on, and... I don't bite." I slyly states, giving her a wink.

"AHEM!" Jeongyeon purposely coughs loudly trying to get our attention. "Here are the house rules." She slams the paper onto the nearby table then she walks over to Mina and hands her one too. Gently.

Ugh this beyotch! I curse in my mind. She definitely has her eyes on Mina.

"Let's go over them together. Mina, would you like to start?" 

"O... okay." Mina smiles at Jeongyeon. "1. There shall be no consumption, storage, or sale of alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs in the housing area, nor shall any underage person be in the housing area while under the influence of the aforementioned substances. Students found in violation of this regulation are subject to dismissal from the housing area and remittance on unused rent under the terms of the contract."

No Soju? Pfft, we'll see about that.

Jeongyeon shoots me a look. She's got my card, all right, but she's got no idea just who she's dealing with.

"2. There shall be no pets housed in or around the building."

Yeah, don't care.

"I'll go next." Jeongyeon hold her paper up. "3. The sidewalk, entries, and stairwells of this building shall not be obstructed or used for any other purpose than for entering and exiting the respective areas of the house. 4. Keep the house clean and organized at all times."

Yeah, yeah, just get it over with already.

"Now, Nayeon."

"Now Nayeon what?"

"Read the next two."

"Read the next two what?"

"...read the next two rules, please." Jeongyeon sighs. HA-HA I won beyotch!

"Well since you asked so nicely. 5. Students shall not play musical equipment or instruments at such hours and at such volume as to not disturb other students in the dormitories." Wtf, seriously?! Oh well, I'll keep the noise down as much as I can, but if a few stray chords in the morning screw with poor baby Jeongyeon's sleep schedule? Let's just say I'm not gonna cry about it. 

I have to read the last rule twice, and it takes everything in me not to burst into laughter. "6. There will be no firearms or weapons permitted in or about the housing area. It is vital to Jeongyeon that her iron-fisted rule over the populace of this household be lasting and eternal, such that any rebellion can be crushed within a moment's notice."

"Ha-ha, very funny. Read it properly." Jeongyeon's voice is now full of annoyance.

"Girl, I'm just reading what's on the paper."

Jeongyeon reads the packet in her hand. That's exactly how it's typed out, and I'm just enjoying the look of realization on her face.

"...I'll be right back. SANAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!" She drops everything and tears up the stairs with the speed of an angry bull. Everything includes a couple of room keys with our names on them. Score! I pick them up and toss Mina the appropriate key.

"Okay so I'm gonna bring in my stuffs then tour the rest of this place. Wanna come?" I ask Mina.

"I-I think I'd rather explore by myself..."

"Oh okay. I was just thinking it'd be easier if I introduced you to everyone cause you seem kinda shy."

"...really?"

"What? I might seem like a meanie to Jeongyeon, but I can be nice to others when I want to."

She let out a nervous chuckle.

"Why do you two seem to dislike each other anyway? D-didn't you just meet?"

"Erm, we started off on the wrong foot...I guess?"

Although still a bit hesitant, Mina nods slightly. "Okay, I'll come with you."

I grin. "That's the spirit! Come meet me at my room once you're done unpacking, alright?"

"Alright."

I smile at her before turning around to bring my luggage up to my room.

I'm putting away the last batch of stuffs I brought when Mina walks tentatively into my room, gla

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter