Week 16: Spring Break Part 1

Housemates (SaNayeon Edition)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Week 16: Monday

The whole week last week was spent studying for the finals. Fortunately, with long hours of brain-cracking studying and a bit of help from Mina, I managed to pass all of my subjects.

So now, it’s spring break! I and my housemates decided to spend the holidays on a private beach house owned by Jackson’s family.  

Everyone’s packing their stuff, nobody can stop talking about our trip to the beach house. I’m a little worried that we still have to pay our own way, but I think I’ve got enough squirreled away.

Luckily, I managed to convince Jihyo to lend me her van which is big enough to carry all of us down there. I’m driving, everyone else is chipping in for the gas.

“You almost ready?!” Sana asks.

“Almost! Just a couple more thing,” I reply.

Sana pulls something out of her bag. “Hey, whadda ya think of this swimsuit?” She holds up a skimpy two-piece against her shirt.

I grin at her, “I thought the beach house was no-smoking?”

“Girl, please, I am downright on fire.” She giggles, cutely. “Anyway, hurry up! We’re all itching to get going!”

--------------------

“Seriously, you ripped that one on purpose! Gah, those last three miles were hell!” Jeongyeon complains as soon as we reach our destination.

“You’re full of it, quit trying to blame it on me!” I retort.

“Come on guys, we’re here. It doesn’t matter anymore. Our lungs will probably grow back, it’s fine,” Mina says.

“Ha! What she said.” Sana drapes an arm over Mina’s shoulders.

It was a long 15 hour trip, but we’ve finally made it. The beach house sits before us, and the ocean sits just on the other side of it.

“It’s pretty late, what do we want to do?” I ask.

“Let’s get settled into the house first. I want to see what the room situation is like,” Jeongyeon suggests.

All of us start walking toward the house.

“So, are we really the only ones here all week?” Tzuyu asks.

“Yeah, Jackson said his family are gonna spend the holidays in China,” I answer.

“And… this place doesn’t really look big enough for all of us anyway,” Mina states while scanning the place.

Mina is right, the house looks pretty… cozy. Once we’ve got the door opened and the place scouted it looks like there are only three bedrooms. Each has a king size bed in it, but still…

“Well, I suppose we could split off into pairs, maybe someone can use the couch out here,” Jeongyeon proposes.

“Actually, let’s use two of the rooms for three people,” Sana says, suddenly.

Jeongyeon gives her a confused look, “What, why wouldn’t we use all the rooms?”

I look at Sana who gives me a quick nod. Suddenly I know exactly what she’s thinking.

“Each of the rooms is big enough for three people so why mess up all of the rooms?” I reason.

Jeongyeon an eyebrow at me. “Because it’s ours for the week?”

“That means we have to be rude?” Sana shakes her head. “No, no, it’s much better if we leave one of the rooms… empty.” She squints her eyes and gives a meaningful gaze to Jeongyeon. “Where we know that none of the others will be in it.”

“Where everyone knows that we shouldn’t go into that room… Especially without knocking…” I add, trying my best not to break out into laughter.

Jeongyeon looks between us, as realization dawns on her face.

“I’m just saying… it’s a long week, lots of folks about…” Sana continues.

“Come on, Jeongyeon, catch the hint already!” I roll my eyes.

She rolls her eyes back, “Yeah, yeah, I get it. You two are gross, but whatever, fine.”

Sana and I high five as everyone starts settling into the house.

We play rock-paper-scissors to divide us into two groups. Sana, Mina and Tzuyu ended up as roommates, while obviously, I’d be with Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung. Ugh, my luck !

We all go to our designated room to put our stuff down and make sleeping arrangements.

“All right girls, let’s get our crap down. I figure there’d be a bed situation, so I’ve got my sleeping bag with me,” I declare.

“Are you sure you’re not just planning on spending the week in somebody else’s bed?” Jeongyeon says with a knowing smirk.

“Hey, the week is young, my fun and adventurous friend. The week is young and so are those hotties out on the beach.”

She rolls her eyes while Chaeyoung shakes her head.

I throw my bed roll on the floor while they eye the bed. I hear Jeongyeon sighs.

“Ugh, I’ve slept in worse places. Lemme see if I can find a few blankets and I’ll take the other side of the bed.” Jeongyeon walks out to find a linen closet.

“This is so exciting!” Chaeyoung suddenly says.

 I look at her, and grins. “It’s gonna be a blast, Chaengie.”

“Yes unnie, we will party hard!”

“You know it, my lil sissy.” I go to give Chaeyoung a high five. She’s grinning. I’m grinning. Should be a lot of fun!

Jeongyeon comes back in. She’s already wearing pajamas.

“All right. Let’s call it a night, girls, we got a long week. Get the lights, would you Nayeon?”

“Yes, turn out the lights, unnie. I’m sure nothing will happen… in the dark.”

“Oh, if it’s hair raising tales you’re looking for…”

We all settle in for some fun on our first night, and hopefully, the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter