Gangster in Love

The Series of WooGyu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was just a usual evening that Woohyun left his college after long hours in class. On the way back to his rented apartment which was not that far from his college, he saw a group of men were surrounding and kicking a lying man on the ground at one dark alley. He knew clearly without doubt that was a gangster fight. He wanted to walk pass and not involved himself in the trouble but he changed his mind once he laid his eyes on the physically abused man lying on the ground.

 

Kim Sunggyu?

 

He was just a mere stranger to Woohyun who was also a student in his college. Kim Sunggyu barely talked with anyone in school, he always distanced himself from groups of people beside few of his friends, Myungsoo and Dongwoo. Another reason that a cheerful person like Woohyun who loved to make friend everywhere never approached Kim Sunggyu and his friends was because they were gangsters at the school. They often got themselves into troubles, bullying others and got into fight with students from other college and it was uncountable time that they went to meet school principle.

 

Apart of reason of never being suspended, that’s was Sunggyu’s father had the biggest share in the school along with the parents of his other two friends.

 

No one could do anything against them.

 

That was normal for Kim Sunggyu getting into fight. But it wasn’t usual that this fearless man got beaten alone in this small dark alley. He heard that even 5 people could never beat Kim Sunggyu alone easily. But right now, there were only 3 of them, and Sunggyu seemed to be severely injured and couldn’t fight back. In this situation, Woohyun couldn’t just walk away from someone who was also one of his classmates.

 

“Yah...... I’m calling police if you still hit him.” Woohyun shouted fearlessly judging from the look, but actually, inside, he was damn scared. He didn’t know how to fight nor defend himself.

 

Those 3 gangsters stopped kicking Sunggyu abruptly and all eyes were on him even Sunggyu was also looking at him.

 

Woohyun saw red liquid falling down from Sunggyu’s head with a lot of bruises on his face too.

 

“Who the are you, little ? Get the hell out or else you're gonna end up like this bastard.” One of the intimidating men warned Woohyun by pointing at the lying Sunggyu on the ground, right now struggling to sit up, back against the dirty wall. 

 

“I-I said leave h-him alone.” Woohyun cursed at himself for his stuttering words.

 

“I said I warn you already.” Woohyun widened his eyes in shock when he saw someone among the group handed the man talking to him an empty bottle of soju. That man grabbed the bottle tightly and walked closer to Woohyun. Woohyun stepped back a little, fearing what would come next. It was never a good thing to involve in gangster fight. They never acted like decent human being so Woohyun knew they could just crash his head with that bottle and still happy hearing him scream in pain. He looked left and right finding a way to escape but his conscience told him not to leave Sunggyu alone. He was also a man too, probably he could defend himself from danger.

 

As long as Woohyun mentally told himself, the man came closer to Woohyun since when? Woohyun also doubted.

 

“G-get get away.” The man just gave him a smirk and raised his hand up when he was just merely away from Woohyun who had his back against the wall now.

 

Woohyun brought his bag to cover himself for the attack that never came. He peeked through his bag and saw Sunggyu was trying to kick all the gangsters that were all now lying on the ground.

 

Since when he got up?

 

Just in a split second, Sunggyu quickly grabbed Woohyun’s slim wrist and dragged him running from the gangsters who were trying to get up and attack them again. Due to his sharp hearing, Woohyun heard those men cursed at each other like “Didn’t you say that ing drug is effective?”

 

Oh, That meant Sunggyu was drugged so that he lost his energy that he couldn’t fight back. Probably, now he got a little recovered.

 

“Heyyy.” Woohyun instantly huffed a little bit but kept running after Sunggyu. They turned left and right to wherever they could run to. The footsteps were still following them but got further and further until Woohyun couldn’t hear anyone following them anymore.

 

Sunggyu still dragged him and turned to one small street at the back of one building and stopped behind some big thrown away boxes near the wall.

 

Woohyun was resting his back against the wall trying to calm down his erratic breath which was the same with Sunggyu. But Sunggyu kind of looked even worse now than he had seen him earlier.

 

The blood kept falling from his head and covered all area of his face. His eyes got swollen and there were also some scratches here and there and at the edge of his mouth.

 

“Hey... are you alrig-“

 

Woohyun never finished his words when Sunggyu quickly rushed to him and covered his mouth by his hand. He wanted to protest but his ears heard those running footsteps again as he quickly shut his mouth up.

 

His eyes darted to Sunggyu’s, they were now impossibly closed to each other in which Sunggyu’s mouth and his were only in between Sunggyu’s palm as the wall separating their mouth from each other.

 

Sunggyu kept looking at him unreadably with his body pressed against Woohyun’s.

 

Those boxes were big but probably not big enough to hide their bodies from the eyes of those gangsters. So right now Woohyun only wished them luck and hoped to hide themselves well from the eyes of those men.

 

Even Sunggyu was good at fighting, in his state right now, they would end up beaten to death.

 

He heard Sunggyu sighed in relief when those footsteps were all gone from area around their hideout and the grip around his mouth was slowly released too.

 

Just when Sunggyu’s hand fell beside his hip, his eyes followed afterward as he collapsed his body on Woohyun.

 

******

 

It’s been 4 hours that Sunggyu was still unconscious. Woohyun had no choice but to carry Sunggyu back to his apartment because Woohyun didn’t know where Sunggyu lived and he didn’t know Sunggyu’s friends’ phone number. Sunggyu’s phone was also nowhere near him.

 

He laid Sunggyu on his bed after he cleaned his blood from his face, treated his wounds before he bandaged his head. He changed Sunggyu’s dirty shirt into one of his and left his pants there because even they were both men, Woohyun knew Sunggyu probably wasn’t that happy to be exposed to a stranger while he was unconscious.

 

He sighed looking at the man on his bed. Sunggyu was really handsome even with a bandage around his forehead along with some bruises and scratches on his face, he still managed to look freaking good in this state.

 

 

Suddenly, Woohyun got reminded about how closed they were earlier with Sunggyu’s eyes on his, scanning his face, his heart beat faster against his chest. He turned around and rushed to his study table. He quickly sat down and grabbed his books to review his lesson in order to distract his stupid unusual heart.

 

Just after half an hour later, Woohyun heard the slight growl from his bed as he turned back, surprised to see Sunggyu already sat up.

 

“Y-you are up?” Woohyun was indeed surprised of how fast Sunggyu woke up after being beaten this fatally. If it were him, Woohyun would bet, he couldn’t even get up this fast neither bring himself to get up.

 

Sunggyu just looked at Woohyun a few good seconds ignoring his question. He then averted his gaze and got up from the bed, making Woohyun his chair bringing himself to stop in front of Sunggyu.

 

“Hey. Where are you going?”

 

He still didn’t reply.

 

“Where—“

 

“Why are you so annoying? Get out of my way.” Sunggyu walked pass him without sparing any glance at Woohyun.  He didn’t give up that easily as he followed Sunggyu till outside his bedroom in the living room before he grabbed Sunggyu’s hand.

 

“You shouldn’t go this late. You can just stay in my house until the morning. I don’t mind.”

 

“But I do mind, and I want you to mind your own business too.”

 

Sunggyu suddenly felt a little uneasy when he saw the dejected look on Woohyun’s face. Woohyun was always a cheerful and happy person as Sunggyu knew so seeing him wearing this sad expression made Sunggyu feel a whole lot guilty.

 

Guilty? Sunggyu was surprised at his thought.

 

“S-sorry then.” Woohyun released his grab on Sunggyu’s hand. “Anyway be careful on your way back home.”

 

Sunggyu tensed, his heart rate started hastened at his last words from a smiling Woohyun now.

 

“Oh wait.”

 

Sunggyu didn’t mean to wait but he was just too stunned to react. Woohyun then brought a red scarf from somewhere and wrapped it around Sunggyu’s neck.

 

“It’s cold outside especially during mid-night.” Woohyun didn’t forget to fluster him the last smile.

 

Sunggyu was born in the wealthy family, no doubt about that. But he never felt warm, protected nor secured like a normal child because his mother died since his birth and he only lived with his father and sister.

 

His father was a workaholic man who rarely came home, his sister now was married and had children which in his entire mansion, there was only him living alone.

 

He wanted to feel cared, loved, he wanted someone to tell him all those sweet words and take care of him purely.

 

Sunggyu mentally cursed at himself and looked at Woohyun once last time before storming out from his apartment.

 

******

 

It’s been a whole week that Woohyun never saw Sunggyu again neither at school. Perhaps, Sunggyu was waiting until he recovered completely before he came back. Woohyun also wished for Sunggyu to get better soon.

 

Right now, Woohyun was at the school cafeteria with Sungjong and Sungyeol, his best friends, his partners in crime. Since they first entered the class and laid eyes on each other, they knew that these people were the ones, their soulmates, their best friends. And after they got to know each other more, they knew they were right.

 

Woohyun carried the tray full of food for his lunch as he walked side by side with Sungyeol and Sungjong. As they almost reached the empty seat in cafeteria, someone bumped into Woohyun out of sudden making soup spilled on Woohyun’s tray and some on his blue shirt. Fortunately, Woohyun managed not to let his tray fall down on the floor. Sadly, it wasn’t t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter