True Love

The Series of WooGyu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Love is the most fragile thing we have in life. If we don’t take a good care of it, it will grow in a wrong way or stop growing or to make it easier to understand “die”. It dies if you take it for granted.

 

Love is like a paradise to people who are in love, but hell to those who do not understand love. It gives people happiness yet sadness at the same time. 

 

Sunggyu and Woohyun have always been a friend with benefits. It’s the fact that they are infinite members and have duty to fulfill but in the past 7 years, they only considered themselves as friend with benefits. They kissed, slept with each other, used sweet words whenever there were only them and their beloved members but none of them dared to admit it as love simply because they may not know it was love. Because their job, their life as an idol, cannot involve much in personal matter, especially love. They have image to take care of.

 

They argued, fought, a lot before but they still find a way back into each other’s arms because they know they can’t live without each other, but their idol lives seem to blindfold them. Because they are always together like always together together, they grow attached easily. That they don’t believe it’s love between them that bonds them together since the first place. Or maybe, they are too dumb to admit it because they knew they don’t have future together as long as they are still Infinite members.

 

It still doesn’t change, not until when Hoya left. Sunggyu grew much insecure suddenly about his life and relationship with Woohyun. Who are them to each other actually? What Woohyun thinks of him? Still a buddy, a favorite Hyung? Or just simply an Infinite leader?

 

He was thinking a lot. People will leave sooner or later, no one will be with him for the rest of his life. He’s almost 30 but he notices that people that are important to him, not so many anymore. They have life to take care of, and he has his own.

 

That’s why he decided to end whatever feeling he has for Woohyun. He appeared at Woohyun’s apartment unannounced just to talk with Woohyun about what had been on his mind a lot lately.

 

“Woohyun I think... I think we should just end this. I’d prefer to keep the friendship between us rather than secret relationship we have for these past years.”

 

Sunggyu could sense the tense in Woohyun’s body, and his expression got darkened.

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Y-yes”

 

“Ok I respect your decision.”

 

End of their little and cold conversation. Sunggyu thought the big rock will leave his chest once he ended this with Woohyun. But No... hearing Woohyun agreed to this immediately made him feel like he was never important to Woohyun. Woohyun will be more than fine without him. The bigger rock has just been placed on his chest, and it makes him difficult to breathe.

 

******

 

Some more months laters, Hoya's departure from Infinite was officially announced and the news started to die down, replaced by the news of Infinite’s comeback with full album.

 

He still works together well with Woohyun. They are still closed, but not closed like before. The members knew this but never said a word. They are all both adults. They can handle it on their own which Sunggyu feels thankful that none of s tried to probe more about why they ended. It will make his chest tighten even more.

 

In fact, it does a lot lately, and it breaks him slowly.

 

One day after their heavy dance practice, they left together in the van to their own apartment.

 

Sunggyu was very tired as he sat at the passenger seat with his eyes closed, but he couldn’t sleep, not after he heard the conversation between Woohyun and Sungjong.

 

“Heck, am I old already? When do I feel so freaking tired?” The maknae whined as the other members were chuckling at his childish act.

 

“You just know? We all acknowledge this, only you Jongie ah” Woohyun responded which earned a laugh from everyone even Sunggyu smiled a bit. He wanted to join the conversation but when he was about to say something, he looked at the rear view mirror and at the back, Sungjong was snuggling his face in the crook of Woohyun’s neck and whimpered cutely. Woohyun smiled fondly at him which Sunggyu hasn’t seen his genuine smile for a while now.

 

Woohyun and Sungjong seemed to get closer a lot lately after the battle trip. Sunggyu also watched this. He knew he shouldn’t feel jealous but he couldn’t help. How much he wished that he was the one with Woohyun on the trip?

 

Woohyun brushed the falling bangs on Sungjong’s forehead as the maknae’s eyes already dropped shut like he was resting on the comfortable pillow.

 

Woohyun’s shoulder was indeed really comfortable even more c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter