One Chance

Trust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Surprise another update <3

This is my gift christmas and new year's gift for you guys!!!

I hope you guys like it <3

_________________________________________________

 

 

 

Jimin hesitated before going downstairs and to ask Jin the question that had been on his mind. After a week on his break he was ready to go to work. The omega was thankful for the rest he got, but things weren’t clear to him about his current situation. He had thought he would have a full-blown heat and he would be begging for a knot, but nothing happened. His heat had come and it was more like a pre-heat and never progressed from there. If he was honest, he was kind of thankful that it didn’t happen, because he wasn’t ready for all the pain and the needs that come with it.

 

Jimin took his bag and went downstairs where he saw Jin working in the kitchen. His hyung was busy experimenting with new cooking ingredients. He cleared his throat to try and catch the other’s attention.

 

“Hyung how do I smell?” he asked after hesitating for a few breaths.

 

“You smell nice Jimin-ah.”

 

“I mean....is it too strong? Will I catch unwanted attention if I go by bus?”

 

“Oh...it is. I can bring you if you want.”

 

“Are you sure hyung? I can go-”

 

“No Jimin. It’s alright. Just let me finish here and I will get ready in no time.”

 

Jimin nodded and he thanked his hyung. He sat down on the couch from all of the uneasiness that had grown in his belly. He didn’t know how he was going to face Jungkook when he arrived at the office. The omega had done a lot of stupid things in the heat of the moment. He had let jealousy get the better of him by overstepping so many boundaries. Jimin was deeply engaged in his thoughts when he heard the door bell ring.

 

“Jimin, can you get the door for me. I’m kinda busy.” Jin put his dough-covered hands in the air and the younger omega got the clue.

 

He made his way to the door with an uncertain feeling bubbling in his chest. He didn’t know who could be on the other side. Jimin breathed in deeply and opened the door. The one standing in front of him wasn’t who he had expected, even if he didn’t know who or what to expect.

 

Jimin saw his alpha standing in front of him and the other was smiling his bunny smile. The omega felt like as if someone had knocked the air out of his lungs. He didn’t know what came over him, when he smelled his alpha. His scent was different and it wasn’t really as strong as when he had left Jungkook’s house. It had been seven days since he had seen Jungkook, but who was counting. Now Jungkook was standing in front of him again. Jimin’s heartbeat picked up and his cheeks got warmer. He felt lost as his wolf was compelling him to get closer to his mate.

 

He knew when he had done things where he had an excuse of being in heat, but now it was another matter. Jimin couldn’t just throw himself into Jungkook’s arms to nuzzle and kiss him no matter how much he wanted to do it.

 

The younger omega fought to control his wolf as he tried to breathe in deeply to keep his head clear. To the contrary it wasn’t a really good idea since more of Jungkook’s scent made its way into his lungs, leaving him breathless. The omega felt stupid for being oblivious. He didn’t know what happened to him every time Jungkook was near him. Maybe it’s all a dream he will wake and it will all be all right.

 

“Hi” Jungkook said he rubbing his neck, while shyly looking away. Jimin stood frozen for a minute he couldn’t do anything other than blankly stare at the alpha. He wasn’t sure what was happening, but now that the alpha had spoken he knew it was not an illusion. Jungkook was standing in front of him, what was he going to do?! The thoughts were swimming around in his head.

 

“Ahhh, hi” Jimin answered as he fiddled with his sweater. The omega didn’t dare look at his alpha, until he heard Jin calling for him from the kitchen, asking who was at the door. He looked at Jungkook for a second and answered his hyung.

 

One thing he still wondered about was how Jungkook knew where he lived. He wanted to ask Jungkook how he knew, but he couldn’t because Jin was already standing behind him.

 

“Hi there, can I help you?” Jimin heard Jin asking the alpha who was still looking at Jimin. The younger omega was oblivious since he didn’t know what to do under the intense gaze of Jungkook. He wanted to just run away and hide in his room.

 

“Yeah...I am here to pick up Jimin.”

 

Jimin’s head snapped up as soon he heard the alpha. ‘What is he talking about? I must have heard wrong right?’ He thought. The younger omega was still gaping at his alpha when he felt the air changing and mixing with happy blueberry-gingery scent. Jimin couldn’t comprehend why the alpha was in a good mood. He had just his rut and as far as he knew it could be really painful.

 

“And you are?” Jin asked with a stern voice and Jimin began to get anxious. He had been so occupied with his own thoughts that he had totally forgotten that these two people next to him had never met each other before. The awkwardness was taking a toll on him and finally Jimin found the courage to speak.

 

“He is my boss, hyung.” Jimin said hurriedly. He didn’t dare call Jungkook his mate, at least not yet. He may have thought long and hard about giving the whole mate thing a chance, but if he called the alpha ‘his’ out loud, it would sort of feel definite and Jimin didn’t want Jungkook to tie himself down to him without looking for other possibilities.

 

“Oh, Nice to meet you. You must be Jungkook?” Jin questioned and Jimin stood rooted when his hyung moved to shake Jungkook’s hand. Jimin felt his wolf getting territorial for such a stupid reason. Jin wasn’t mated but his wolf felt restless when he saw them making the physical contact, even if it was just a handshake for only two seconds. The younger omega just stood there and wringed his hands together nervously. He didn’t really know how to behave. In the office it was easy, he had a job to do, but now he was at home. It was his territory.

 

“Jimin are you okay?” Jimin snapped out of his thoughts and he looked up at Jungkook whose eyes had specks of red in them. He had seen it just a week ago, but now it was in another context. ‘Is he feeling my uneasiness?’ Jimin wondered.

 

“Y-yeah” Jimin stuttered and he cursed in his head for being so stupid. He knew the alpha wasn’t his, not yet. They needed to talk about things and it was better to get it over with, because if he left things be, it will only get worse with time.

 

“Come inside have something to eat.” Jimin bit his lower lip; his hyung wasn’t helping and made things difficult for him. He had just invited the alpha in and his wolf was more than happy with it. But Jimin just remained frozen, as he didn’t know what to do

 

“I will be right back. Can you show Jungkook to the living room?” Jin had a knowing smile on his lips and Jimin wanted to bury himself into the ground that moment. The younger omega didn’t want to be left alone with Jungkook because after all the things he had done, he didn’t want to explain himself. Not that he didn’t want to, but it would be so embarrassing. He went past Jungkook and shut the door and cursed his luck when his shoulder brushed against the alpha’s. The electricity went from his head to his toes and his grip on the door handle tightened, as he was scared that he might fall. Jimin was surrounded by the alpha’s scent, as it has gotten sweeter since the alpha had arrived.

 

“Jimin?” The omega felt Jungkook hand on his forearm and he could feel the other’s breath fanning on the back of his neck. ‘Please, please don’t stand too close.’ he chanted in his head and hoped that the alpha would get the clue. Jimin felt Jungkook’s other hand on his shoulder and his body was turned to face Jungkook standing right behind him. Jimin saw the alpha’s eyebrows knitted in confusion and his doe eyes were filled with concern. He felt his body on the verge of trembling as he looked away after almost losing control of his body.

 

“Jimin are you hurt?” Jungkook asked and the omega heard the uncertainty in his voice. His heart was beating fast and he felt himself get a bit dizzy with Jungkook so close and his scent strong in the air. His wolf was purring with joy when the alpha worded his concerns for him. Jimin felt a lump in his throat and he couldn’t say anything. His feelings were getting out of control and his wolf wasn’t being nice either since it wanted to close the gap between them. He would like to do that as well, but he couldn’t, because it was shameless to throw himself at Jungkook. He didn’t want to look needy or desperate. They need to talk before ever considering that, but his voice won’t come out. As a last resort he just shook his head.

 

“I-I will get you something to drink” Jimin used an excuse to go away from the alpha and hoped his heartbeat would slow down, but it didn’t. He made his way to the kitchen on wobbly feet.

 

“So it’s him?” Jin asked him as soon as Jimin entered the kitchen. He could see a mischievous spark in his hyung’s eyes.

 

“Yeah” Jimin answered and he remembered he didn’t even ask Jungkook what he wanted to drink. He knew the alpha liked banana milk and coffee. They didn’t have any banana milk, so it was coffee he would get he told himself. Jimin went ahead and warmed the water and poured it into the mug. He was trying his best not to mess it up and he knew Jin was observing him quite closely.

 

“Bring him something to eat as well.” Jin said with a teasing tone and Jimin gulped before he placed a piece of an apple pie with coffee on a tray. He started to walk slowly towards the living room, because he didn’t want to spill anything and make a mess. The most important part, he didn’t want to embarrass himself in front of his alpha.

 

When Jimin came into the living room, his heart almost stopped. He saw the alpha sitting on the couch with his head against the wall. The omega saw some blemishes on the other’s neck and he knew what it was. His grip on the tray tightened when he felt his lips tingle from remembering kissing the alpha’s neck. He knew he had done it in the heat of the moment but he had never thought that the marks could still be present after a week.

 

Jimin stood there for a moment, looking at the alpha and enjoying the view in front of him. He would love to feel those lips against his and he would love to climb on that lap once more... Jimin shook his head and hoped to put an end to his shameful thoughts. The omega cleared his throat in hopes of getting the alpha’s attention and he did.

 

He saw Jungkook opening his eyes and the alpha was looking at him with his lips curled up. Jimin place the treat on the coffee table and he took a seat at the opposite side of Jungkook. The alpha was still looking at him, more like staring at him. Jimin sat in silent and he shifted his eyes from the other to his own lap since he didn’t know what to say. The atmosphere was quite awkward when Jimin heard Jungkook speak.

 

“Are you feeling well?” Jungkook asked.

 

“Y-yes” Jimin stuttered and he closed his eyes, biting his lower lip.

 

“Jimin don’t bite you lip too hard, it’s going to end up bleeding.” The omega felt a jolt going to his every vein when his alpha called his name, even if it wasn’t the first time. Jungkook had started calling him by his name weeks ago, but every time he heard it from the other it felt new. Jimin his lower lips, still not daring to look at the alpha. He heard a grumble coming from Jungkook and he looked at the other wide-eyed.

 

“May I sit next to you?” Jimin was stunned, as the alpha was ready to stand up. Things weren’t going as he had expected. If the alpha came any closer Jimin might just faint, because the other’s scent had gotten stronger again, now their living room had three combined scents. Jungkook waited, still looking at him hopefully and as a result he nodded. The omega remained on the same place and the alpha took a seat beside him causing the couch to dip in.

 

“Please look at me!” Jungkook said, it broke his heart as Jimin heard the pleading in his voice. He felt ashamed of his behaviour. The alpha might think he was heartless, after all had happened between them. It was him who initiated things. In reality he didn’t know how to behave after all that had happened between them. The omega slowly looked up and he didn’t dare to breathe when he looked into Jungkook’s eyes.

 

“Did I hurt you when...you...you know when...we...we were at my house?” Jimin heart almost stopped and he could feel his veins pulsing in his ears. ‘Why is this happening?’ he cursed at himself when he thought about his doings. He didn’t trust his voice, as he sat in silence.

 

“Please say something. I am scared I might have hurt you.” the omega felt his heart skip a beat when heard Jungkook’s pleading voice yet again.

 

“No...you didn’t” Jimin said hurriedly and their eyes were locked with each other.

 

“Then why did it hurt when I touched you?”

 

“I...I don’t know” Jimin answered and it was the truth. He really didn’t know why he was in pain. Maybe it was because of the forced mating bite? Jimin wondered.

 

“Okay, Tell me if it hurts now.” Jungkook said and the omega felt the alpha rubbing his right cheek with his thumb. It was just a feathery touch, but his heart threatened to break out of his ribcage. His wolf was purring and rolling. He himself just stared at Jungkook who looked at him in question and still waited for an answer.

 

“It doesn’t hurt.” Jimin reassured the alpha and nuzzled into Jungkook’s hand. He knew he had done this a couple of times by now - he couldn’t control himself every time he felt the other’s touch. If he was honest he didn’t know what he was doing, but he just wanted to do this and he wanted to do much more than this. Jimin didn’t know when the nuzzling turned into kissing the alpha’s palm as he slowly placed couple of kisses. Before he knew he was pulled into a tight, warm hug and he felt the tension slip away a little.

 

Jungkook rubbed his back Jimin tried to control his wolf and tried to stop himself from giving in. The omega balled his hands into fists and he remained motionless, with his head on the alpha’s chest. Jimin felt like he was in heaven, even if it wasn’t possible to know for a living being how it would be to be there, but his feeling right now couldn’t far from it. He wanted to remain there. He would be lying if he said that he didn’t feel safe in his alpha’s arms. They could have been so happy, if he wasn’t broken. They would have been more carefree about things and Jungkook wouldn’t have to worry about him being hurt whenever they touched.

 

“Are you alright?” Jungkook snapped Jimin out of his thoughts.

 

Jimin nodded which caused his head to rub against his alpha’s chest. He had been so deep in his thoughts and had almost missed the beating of Jungkook’s heart. The omega felt his cheeks flush further as he realized that he was the reason for the alpha’s fast heartbeat. His wolf was jumping in joy and he just placed his nose deeper into the alpha’s chest. Jimin could feel Jungkook’s hand going up and down on his back as they came to rest on his sides. He was feeling the happy jolts everywhere and hoped it would stay like this.

 

His happiness was short lived when the alpha nuzzled his right side and he felt the pain coming back. Jimin wanted to stay like that a bit longer and he did remain in the same position, when the alpha replaced his nose with his lips going down to his collarbone, it got unbearable. The omega felt the pain sprung from his right collarbone spreading through chest. It became really hard for him to stay in the same position and breathing got difficult as well.

 

“No” Jimin said as his voice cracked. He felt tears spring in his eyes as red eyes stared back at him.

 

“Did it hurt?”

 

Jimin nodded and he couldn’t believe his luck. He couldn’t even enjoy a little proximity with his mate. He couldn’t understand why it happened to him. Why were the things so complicated?

 

“Does it hurt when I touch your scar?”

 

“Yes-” before Jimin could say anything further, he heard Jin clearing his throat. Jimin almost jumped away from Jungkook, breaking free from his embrace. If his cheeks weren’t red enough, they surely were now. The omega touched the right side of his neck where Jungkook’s lips were just a moment ago. ‘It had felt really good if the pain hadn’t been there’ he thought.

 

“Jungkook your coffee has turned cold. How about I bring you both new one?” Jin asked and Jimin heard the older was hiding his laugh and excitement in.

 

“Thanks hyung. But I think we need to go. It’s already 8:30.” Jimin’s head snapped up in disbelief. ‘What does he mean we need to go? Are we going together?’ Jimin rambled in his head.

 

“Okay, as you wish. How about you come for dinner some day?” Jimin cursed when the alpha let go of him. He swore he was going to whine if he didn’t have some sanity left.

 

“I would love to if Jimin thinks it’s alright.” The omega felt two pair of eyes boring holes into him.

 

“Yes Jimin what do you say?”

 

“I....it’s alright with me.” Jimin couldn’t bluntly say that he thought it was not a good idea. The omega was confused. He couldn’t understand why it was hurting again. On one side he wanted to be close to Jungkook, but on the other it hurt and it made things worse for him to see the hurt look on Jungkook’s face.

 

“Oh and I have a favour to ask. Can you take Jimin to his appointment later today? I remembered I have to be somewhere else really important.” Jimin couldn’t believe his ears. He kept repeating the word ‘no’ in his head. His hyung did not just put him this kind of position. What was he doing to do? He can’t go to the hospital with Jungkook! What if he made a scene?

 

“I will gladly take him wherever he needs to be.” Jungkook said and Jimin’s wolf purred when the alpha smiled at him. Jungkook’s rosy lips showing the bunny teeth peeking trough and his nose scrunched up when his smile widened. Jimin felt his heart skip a beat again, this time he sat silently.

 

//

 

Jimin walked behind Jungkook and he could feel eyes on them. He really didn’t want any of the attention, but what could he do? Their whole ride been silent and awkward as well, Jungkook had asked him about how he was feeling. Why did his heat hurt much? He had asked so questions and Jimin couldn’t give much of an answer, so he had just nodded or shook his head in answer.

 

Now in the office he could feel stares coming from everyone. The omega didn’t know what to do with it. He looked around and he couldn’t see Taehyung anywhere, he checked his phone. It was only 8:50. ‘He has ten minutes to arrive.’ Jimin told himself. He was hoping that the younger could provide some distraction to him.

 

“Hyunggggggg!” Jimin knew who it was even without looking behind him. Taehyung still hadn’t changed. What had he expected? The omega saw Jungkook looking at him before turning around as Jimin saw h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter