Can't Take My Eyes Off You

Jiyeon

“I would love to join but I kinda need to show up at dinner tonight”


So, maybe next time.


“It’s okay. You can meet them next time” I told her about our visit before but of course not any detail of the incident on that day.


Soyeon with her magical whisper though. When will she told me about that whisper?


“Are you a photographer?” I’ve been wondering if Jiyeon is actually a photographer, so I ask.


“Nah. Taking pictures is just my hobby and not just any kind of pictures but polaroid pictures” I can see she beaming with joy talking about this hobby of her.


“Why?” Yes, why?


“It satisfied me when the pictures appears right away and I love to caption and collect it”


“All this albums are your collection?” I pointed to her collection, feeling amused with her passion in it.


“Yes. Peoples nowadays do this online but I personally think it less meaningful that way. We so eager to show it to the world, it lose the meaning”


“Wow that is kinda deep” It is. I posted a lot on my Instagram and I did agree with her about that. “But don’t you want to show it to someone?”


“I want to but only to special person” She pause for a bit. “Oldskool right?” She then grinned at me.


“That person is so lucky then” I commented. 


Showing this whole collections that seem to be her whole life collection to just that special person seem cool though. I wonder who lucky enough to be that person.


“By the way, all this is just the story of my life, my boring random hobby. No one interested enough I guess” She shrugged, looking around.


“It is interesting” For me it is interesting though.


She look at me for seconds then she suddenly smile. “I think I last put it there” She move to one of the cabinet and open one of the drawer. “There you are”


Snap.


She snap a picture of me so suddenly which shocked me.


“Hey” I chuckles. “Let me see” What if I look ugly there.


“No” She playfully smile shaking the picture and slip it right away at the album that I was once open back then.


Oh, now that I think of it, I unintentionally open that one private collection of her back then. Should I tell her?


“Let take a picture together” Without waiting for my answer, she already come close to me, putting her head next to mine. I can clearly smell her shampoo plus her light perfume scent which cause my heart skip a beat.


Snap.


Again, I’m not even ready. She quickly move away from me. She slip the picture along with the previous one.


“You won’t let me see it?” I’m confident I look stupid there.


“Not today” She suddenly drag me to leave the room with her and move out the cleaning tools before closing the door.


Omo, this is my house though. Oh right, this room is hers. I just lend it to her.


“I think I should get going now and I will bring this one with me” She said showing the album the she has been holding since before.


I’m thinking about asking for her phone number now that she is going back. I really hope we can meet again.


“Can I have your phone number?” There I said it.


“Ah sure” She open her purse and give me her business card.


I take a look at it. “You are a journalist?” Wow that was unpredictable.


“Yes. I wrote review about foods and local restaurants. I second to no one in talking about food” She grinned, seem proud.


“Then you should review my food” Now my turn to grin proudly.


“You can cook?” She seem interested.


“Hobby” Yea, cooking is my hobby.


“Wow that’s great. I will make sure to review your cooking. So Hyomin ssi, I mean Hyomin, when will you give me your number. I was waiting” She show one of her palm and wave it up and down.


“Haha wait a minute” I dialled her number and missed call her.


“Thank you. Wait for my call” She wink and show me calling sign.


We both then go downstairs and I follow her to the front door to send her off.


...


Jiyeon’s pov


I enter the big house as silent as possible so I won’t attract any attention because if I did, it will cause a big trouble.


“Where has you been?” A cold female voice rang from my back as I step on the stairs to go to my bedroom.


“None of your business” I responded, even colder, not even looking back but put my walk on halt.


“You are on recovering period. You should at least bring your brother to go with you so we don’t have to worried about you”


“Tch. Don’t act like you care and stop ordering Oppa as you wish. You don’t own him” I start to climb the stairs, lazy to fight.


“Both of you are my son and daughter. I’m married to your father”


“Whatever” I quicken my walking pace, leaving her as fast as possible before I said even more harsh words. She think she can replace our mom? In her dream! No, don’t even dream about it.


I enter my bedroom and quickly throw my body to the bed. I’m still not used to use a lot of energy. I feel so physically drained.


I take a look at the photo album that I brought with me and flip it open to the pages where I slip two of the photos from earlier. I took it out and take a look at it.


The first photo, the unaware Hyomin, innocently looking at me through the photo and the second one, Hyomin who facing me on the photo, very close to the point of her nose touching my hairs.


I quickly check on my hair’s scent. In case it didn’t smell nice but luckily it did. Well, I washed it this morning.


I clipped both of that photos at my bedside, then lie down and stare at it.


Whenever I look at her, a vague memories come and go like a flash of lightning on my mind. Weirder than that, some moments of us gave a deja vu feelings. The back of my mind seem like recognize her.


I check on my phone and save the last missed call number, open kakaotalk right away and add her there. I view her profile picture. With smile creep into my face, I screenshot it.


...


Hyomin’s pov


Turn out Eunjung can’t make it too tonight. Only me, Boram and Qri gather at the bar, giving support to Soyeon.


“She seem nervous” I let out a chuckle looking at nervous Soyeon preparing at the stage.


“Her voice is her pride you know. It’s been a while though” Qri responded to me.


I look around and observe the whole place. It’s a casual bar filled with youngsters. Most of it are couples, lovers or maybe friends like the three of us here.


A cue of music start indicate that Soyeon will start singing. I turn to look at the stage with a proud friend smile. Peoples around start cheering for her.


You're just too good to be true
I can't take my eyes off you


Oh wow she really can sing. Her voice is just so mesmerizing and why I feel like that song is relatable?


You'd be like heaven to touch
I wanna hold you so much
At long last love has arrived
And I thank God I'm alive
You're just too good to be true
Can't take my eyes off you


My mind wander to that obvious someone. I peek at my phone and keep peeking.


Pardon the way that I stare
There's nothing else to compare
The sight of you leaves me weak
There are no words left to speak
So if you feel like I feel
Please let me know that is real
You're just too good to be true
I can't take my eyes off you


I was so distracted, I don’t even realized Soyeon finally already sang her last song. Peoples around cheers loudly for her.


Qri nudge me and ask “Are you waiting for a call? You keep looking at your phone”


“Ah no” I lied but then my phone buzz, flashing Jiyeon name on the screen. I grinned at Qri and run to outside to pick up the call.


...


Jiyeon’s pov


I think next time I want to cause trouble, I need to wait for next 3 days, until the current situation calm down.


Dad even scold me at dinner for going out without telling them. Imagine if I tell them where I am going earlier.


By the way, I’m an adult though. Why they treat me like I am 5 years old?


I peek at the table calendar and count for next 3 days and circle the date.


I look at my phone and thinking about making a call. I hesitate for a bit. I peek at the clock, is it too late to call at this time? But she has event right tonight? With her friends.


I finally dialled her number after a lot of thinking.


“Hello” Her soft voice greet me. A smile formed on my lips.


“Hey” I greet her back. “Are you outside?” Her surrounding sound a bit noisy. There is even the sound of car passing.


“Yea. My friend just done with her performance”


“Are you free next Wednesday?” Wednesday, 3 days away from today.


“Yea. Wanna come over?” She asked.


“Tteobokki. My favourite”


“Haha alright. I will make it for you”


“I can’t wait” It’s been a while I didn’t taste good tteobokki after my grandma passed away. “You going home?” I asked.


“Yea after this. You going to sleep?”


“Yea after this” I copy her and we both laugh.


“So...” Our words start to get longer, don’t want to hang up.


“You end it, this call” I said.


“No, you end it”


I laughed.


“You do it. I start it, so you end it” What a lame excuse from me.


“Oh. Is there something like that?” She laughed. “Alright then. Good night. Sleep well”


“Good night. Sleep well and dream of me”


She laughed again and then silence take place. We both just keep our mouth shut didn’t say anything, both hesitate to end it. It take a while before she ended the call.


I smile looking at my phone and peek at the two photos on the bedside.


“See you on Wednesday” I said before turn off the light and drifted to dreamland.

 

___________________________________________________________

 

Note : My fav ver of Can't Take My Eyes Off You is Park Jaehyung ver ;)