Meeting with Boram

Jiyeon

Hyomin’s pov


It’s already morning but Eunjung haven’t wake up from her sleep. She didn’t even flinched when I call her name. I try to lightly shake her shoulder but she just turn back facing me, so I give up.


I decide to go on morning walk by myself. Eunjung might freak out for not seeing me around when she wake up later. Served her right if she really did. She just sleep all the time. What if I am kidnapped by dark entities while she was busy sleeping? Now what is the point of her sleep over?


I shake my head thinking about how Eunjung love sleeping so much. I leave the bedroom and went outside.


I reached at the river after some walks. There as usual I saw Qri jog along the riverside. I sat at one of the bench and wave at her who now walk towards me.


As usual, we just sit together enjoying the silent. Sometime we did talk about random stuffs but most of the time, we just silently enjoying the morning breeze. I call it silent moment with Qri. It’s my routine now.


I walk back home after some times passed and saw a messy hair, half open eyes Eunjung standing at my front door right when I reached home.


“Where have you been?” Her voice sound like stuck on . She must be just woke up a while ago.


I shake my head and push her away from blocking my way to go inside.

 

...

 

Soyeon ask me to meet her at the previous cafe to meet with her friend and of course I need to bring Eunjung along, now that she is here with me.


Little that I know, her friend that she told me previously was Boram. Whenever I look at her, I remember her intense stare the other day. She know something? She must be know something. That is why we meet today, I guess.


I thought it’s going to be awkward since I don’t really know Boram but Soyeon did a great job with introducing us in not an awkward way. She told us about Boram’s ability to see spirits and even make fun of Boram about it. They did look like pretty close.


Qri later coincidentally enter the cafe and join us. Now we look like in an organization meeting about a serious project with five of us gather at a round table.


After the brief introduction, Soyeon start to stop talking giving way to Boram to talk. Boram hesitate a bit at first.


“First time I saw you, I saw her too”


“Who? Jiyeon?” Soyeon quickly ask. We all look at her for a while before we turn to look back at Boram.


“Yea”


“Means she already dead?” I asked. 


Please say no. I don’t know why I hope for that.


“No”


I let out a relief sigh.


“Not sure” She said again.


I don’t know what to feel about that.


All silently look at Boram now, waiting for her to open .


“She is not like those that I used to saw which is all the dead spirits and she don’t want to be seen”


“What do you mean with don’t want to be seen?” I ask again. Curious.


“She hide herself after she noticed that I can see her which is unusual. Others usually bother me and doesn’t let me live a peaceful life”


“Can you try to communicate with her?” Now it feel like only the two of us here. The other just silently listening without interrupting.


“They didn’t do talking. At least I never heard any of them talking and I usually avoid them when I saw one”


“It’s not related to demonic creatures or evil spirits right?” Eunjung suddenly chip in with serious face.


I can’t help but laugh at her. “You watch too much horror movie”


The other joined me laughing at her.


“Sorry, I just afraid if exorcism is needed” Eunjung face redden, shy.


“She is not even possessed” Soyeon respond to her, still laughing.


“Can you consider to visit my house? If you don’t mind” I ask. More to begging her. Who knows she might really possessed me in future.


I actually hope Boram actually can try to communicate with Jiyeon and ask why she keep wandering around. I afraid if she is actually not welcoming me to live there and want me to move out. I spent a lot of my savings for that house though. I feel the need to prepared for the worst now.


Boram hesitate a bit before she said “I will try”


“Thank you very much”


“Don’t worry I will go with you” Soyeon confidently said and earn laugh from all of us when Qri respond with “You being busybody like always”

 

...

 

“Seriously Hyomin. This is serious. Maybe you should avoid staying here until we solved all this” Looks like Eunjung’s grandma engine already warm enough.


“Where should I live then?” I show her my annoyed face.


“My apartment”


“No way. Your apartment is boring”


“Better than here” She protested.


“Nothing bad will happened. You watched too much horror movies”


“We never know”


“She can’t harm me. You know that” I actually not sure but I need to convince Eunjung for now.


“Alright. So what is your plan now?” Eunjung ask, giving in to me.


“I need to find her brother to ask about her and ask him to take back those things on that second room” I sighed thinking about that second room.


As long as there are still her belongings here, I can’t feel rest assured.


“How can you find him?” Eunjung ask again.


“I think Soyeon can help”


I hope Soyeon can help.