Dream A Little Dream of Me

Jiyeon

Hyomin’s pov


“I think it’s the time for me to tell you about the magical whisper” Soyeon show a double quote sign as she said the magical whisper words. “Magical whisper as you call it” She added.


I was with Soyeon at the cafe, being the earliest duo to show up as always whenever we decide to meet up. There will be Qri and Boram too joining us later.


I was trying hard to hide my gloomy face but Soyeon read it all. I planned to just keep it to myself but ended up telling her about what happened, of course after she push me to do so. How it turn out Hyojoon show up on my movie date today, even confess to me about his feeling and how Jiyeon is behind it.


Jiyeon didn’t even tell me why she did so. Yea, why? Didn’t she get the sign about my feelings all this time? She can’t feel it? Why she do this to me?


I look up to Soyeon, waiting for her to tell me. I’ve been curious for so long about that whisper.


“I told her that Hyojoon are interested with you” She raised her brow as if reminding me that she was right about that. “And if she didn’t wake up any sooner, her brother will get you for sure” She added.


“So I think no way Jiyeon give you up for her brother when she even wake up to that. It was a perfect moment though for me to tell her that because Hyojoon was standing right beside you at that time” Soyeon raise her brows again while looking me, this time more look like asking me to think about it.


Even if what Soyeon said there was true or she just made it up to make me feel better, I can’t help feeling so mad. Maybe because it just happened, that’s why I feel this way.


I even start to think that all this time I am the one who imagine the whole things by myself. I’m delusional. Maybe Jiyeon never even interested with me from the start. What with the stories they feed me about even her spirit interested with me? The heck with that. She won’t do this to me if that is true.


“Ask her. Talk” Soyeon sound more like pushing me to do so than asking me.


You know what, I won’t embarrassed myself even more with asking her. I won’t do that. I feel stupid enough now and I won’t say that all out loud.


Qri and Boram then enter the cafe to join us. Luckily I haven’t inform all them that Jiyeon supposed to join us this evening. At least, I don’t have to explain why she didn’t show up.


I silently send signal to Soyeon to not telling them about what I just told her. She nodded to me and then signalling me with calling sign, mouthing to me ‘call her’.


...


It’s already dark when I return home. I glanced at my watch and the time show 8 p.m.


I walk up to my room and the first thing that I saw is the sketch of her. I hissed under my breath, once again getting emotional upon seeing her.


“I don’t want to see your face” I said to the sketch, carrying the stand and throw it to the next room. I close the door and kick it in frustration. Still, then I frown. I’m sad. I’m mad.


I think it’s been the whole day I’m sulking. I’m mad because I didn’t see it coming. I just wish that at least Jiyeon told me in advance, so I don’t have to overreact like this. I’m too looking forward to meet her today though.


I feel like she play with my heart, with my feelings.


I put both of my palm on my face, trying to chase away the thought of her, trying to think of the good side of it but I found none. I’m too disappointed to even think positively at this moment. Disappointed with myself who put the hope up high.


The other problem with me is whenever I close my eyes, I saw her in my mind, smiling to me and even ask ‘Are you mad at me?’


Yes, I am.


Feeling frustrated, I went downstairs, throwing myself to the couch and turn on the TV to find distraction. As I was a bit drifted in the random show on the TV, the sound of my doorbell suddenly rang filling the whole place.


Who visit at this time? It’s 9 p.m. now though. It can’t be Eunjung. I turn off the TV and lazily walk to the door and open it a bit to peek at outside.


I gasped upon the sight of the person in front of my door. A person that ruin my whole day, standing there, smiling, as if she never did anything wrong to me.


“You not going to let me in?” She asked.


I was stunned for seconds there. The madness from earlier even vanished from me as I see her face. I open the door wider to let her in.


She close the door and lean on it, observing me.


“I believe you are mad at me” She said, still looking at me. While me, trying to look at anywhere else other than her, keeping my mouth shut.
 

“I have my own reason” She continue the talking, sensing that I’m not going to say anything.


“Why didn’t you ask me anything though? I was waiting the whole day” Persistently, she keep explaining herself.


“I want him to at least try. I let him try because I have faith in you, in us” Now I look at her. There is a sudden overwhelm feeling rush in my whole body as I heard that, don’t know what to feel.


“I’m sorry for getting mad at you” I finally open my mouth, then turn to back facing her, trying hard to suppressed my tears to not fall. I really feel stupid now. I’m really good at assuming. I should have just ask.


“It’s my fault. If that happened to me I will get mad too” She said, turning me to face her.


I need to hide my face so I hug her, hiding it on her shoulder.


“Why didn’t you tell me?” I ask, whining like a little kid. I don’t care anymore. I will just act like how I want to.


“I just want it went as natural as it can” She responded.


“So you must have heard from him already” I said, referring to her brother.


“Yea” She chuckle. “You reject him”


I look up from her shoulder to her face, not caring of how close it is from mine. “You didn’t feel bad for him at all?”


“He is an adult. He will be fine. Plus he didn’t feel as much as I do for you” Her eyes now looking straight at mine.


“What if I said yes to him?” I ask again, challenging her faith.


“You won’t”


“What make you so sure?”


She tightened her grip on my waist, pulling me even closer. I just realized that she was hugging me too earlier.


“Because I know”


“What did you know?” Believe me, I wasn’t myself anymore. I feel like I’m casted under her spell.


Her eyes move down from my eyes to my lips. I start to shiver as she trace her thumb along my lips line, sending a chill down to my spine. I can see her face leaning closer and I quickly shut my eyes, feeling like fainting.


But then suddenly I feel her loosen her grip, backing away.


“Yes Oppa” “Are you done?” “I get it”


I quickly open my eyes, feeling stupid for anticipate it too much. Jiyeon is now answering a call.


As she done with the call, she turn to look at me, rubbing the back part of her head and show obvious hesitant look “I kinda need to go back now. Oppa is done with visiting eemonim, the one from the restaurant. He will be here in any moment” 


She then move closer to me, giving me a hug which I saw it as goodbye hug.


“You know what, you smell so nice” I bluntly told her that. I just really like her scent.


“Then” She said, breaking the hug and look at me. “Take off your shirt”


“What? Why?” I nervously ask. Why?


She chuckles looking at my anxious face. “To exchange it with me” She then said.


“Oh” I laugh at my stupid thought. What did I even think? “Turn around. No peeking to each other” I said, turning her around.


“Ayy. Alright” She turn around and we quickly exchange our shirts and put it on.


“I’ll be leaving now. See you soon” Jiyeon is ready to leave now, approaching the door.


Before she leave the door, she turn to me, giving a quick peck to my lips which I didn’t even see it coming.


“Dream a little dream of me tonight” She giggles before running to the parked car across the street.


I touched my lips, still shocked, heart beating crazily fast. I don’t remember if I ever felt this way in my whole life previously.


I close the door and put up her shirt that was now on me close to my nose to inhale the scent.


I smell like her!