Keep Holding On

Jiyeon

Hyomin’s pov


To made up for the failed movie date the other day, tonight Jiyeon stay over for a movie night with me at my house. I’m not sure if this will bring trouble for her but she tell me not to worry about that.


We both curled on the couch, eyes fixed at the screen for the third movies tonight, while once in a while commenting about the story line. The movie finally reached the end which I think enough for tonight. It’s already too late now and we are both too tired for any other movie.


“Are you sleepy?” I ask her who keep yawning, now sitting and stretching.


“No. I want to have late night convos with you tonight” Jiyeon sit facing me, smiling and show her wide open eyes, proving that she is not sleepy.


She must already know it that I’m a night owl, who always have trouble sleeping. I told her that a lot on our good night chat before.


“So what do you wanna talk about?” I put my head on her shoulder, letting her to lead the conversation. I have a lot in my mind but as someone who didn’t talk much, I prefer to listen to her talking.


“Tell me more about you”


I look up to her. “I have nothing more to tell about me” I said. My life is plain. There is nothing to talk about.


“I feel like I barely know about your background” She said, looking serious.


“If you are talking about my family background, then I really have nothing to say. I grow up at an orphanage” I said, putting my head on her shoulder again.


“I’m sorry” She responded, caressing my hairs.


“I’m not sad” Yea, I’m not sad anymore. I used to but now not anymore. “Ah yea, I have grandma though. I will introduce you to her later” My eyes beam thinking about the only family that I got. My grandma, my Hahmeolni. I smile on the thought of her.


“Why don’t you grow up with her then?” Of course she will ask that.


“I did grow up with her” I responded.


“You said you grow up at the orphanage”


“Yes. That’s true” I said, looking up to her and smile. She look like confuse so I added “I want you to meet her later”


“Let’s learn slowly about each other” She then said. I just nodded on her shoulder.


We are now both not yet a lover I guess because it seem to appears too early to say that and it’s too early too to say that I’m in love with her. We are still learning about each other. One thing for sure, I have good feelings for her and I want to grow it.


“You know eventually you will realized that I’m not fun and exhausting to be near with” Jiyeon break the silence which take over after our last chat.


I just keep silent, giving way for her to continue the talking.


“There will be time in the future we will feel too used to each other presence and get tired at some points, fight because of misunderstanding” She paused and touch my chin, turning my face to face her. “Because we are only human” She added.


We both looking into each other eyes, searching for the emotion in it.


“Please hang on there and don’t leave me no matter how difficult I can be once you get to know the real me. Can you?” She went closer, hugging me tightly as if I’m going to disappears if she didn’t do so.


I nodded, losing words to say.


A person like me, who grow without much peoples in my life that I can treasure and keep, having someone like her asking from me that kind of things. Of course I have all the patience in my whole life to deal with her, I will hold on to every single thing around me just to keep her. I want to tell her that but words don’t come to me.


I hug her back even tighter. I can’t say it but I can show it right?


Jiyeon then break the hug. “I know it’s too early to say but I want to love you and if possible for the rest of my life”


Once again she did it, tracing her thumb on my lips which never failed to make me shiver but the difference is this time it’s me who lean and sealed our lips together, so that she know I want it too, as much as her do for us to grow the feelings in our hearts and keep holding on to it.

 

...


“You can’t think of any better place than this to meet up?” Boram whine to the location decider of our gathering, Soyeon.


“We need fresh air” Soyeon pulls Boram hair, glaring to her to ask her shut and stop complaining.


Soyeon idea was a picnic but the funny thing is she choose Han river to do it, which is why Boram keep complaining to it.


“Why don’t we just do this at our neighbourhood if you want to cut cost” Qri who said that earn a glare from Soyeon too.


“Not you too” Soyeon whine. “Should we go back now?” She seem frustrated, crossing both of her arms, pouting.


“She do this for me so I don’t have to drive far” Eunjung chipped in, hugging Soyeon’s arm to cheer her up.


“So it’s okay for us to drive far?” Boram still want to pick on Soyeon, keep attacking her.


“Who drive earlier though?” Soyeon who drive all of us to here except Eunjung who come by herself, giving a challenging glace to Boram to say her next point.


“Alright. You won” Boram stick her tongue out, then laugh at Soyeon.


“I’m going to buy some drinks” Eunjung then said, grabbing Jiyeon’s arm and said “Come with me”


I see it, Eunjung send a wink to me before she disappear with Jiyeon to the nearest store. I introduced them earlier and told Jiyeon, she is my grandma that I told her the other night. I love seeing both of them getting along well.


Jiyeon was a bit awkward around them all at first but slowly loosen to the surrounding, but still she didn’t talk much. She did know Soyeon from the past but they didn’t interact much before. I learn that some act of her are only shown when she was around me and not to others. I can’t help but feel so special to her after knowing that.


...


Jiyeon’s pov


Eunjung suddenly grab my arm to go with her which shock me a lot. I learn that she is the most important person in Hyomin’s life. She must know her a lot then.


“I think we should pick some ice creams too” Eunjung said, checking on the ice creams area.


“Yea. I think so” She seem like a warm person though.


After choosing the ice creams with asking suggestion from me, we both head to the counter to pay.


On our way back, she start it, the thing that I’ve been expecting.


“Please take a good care of her” She said.


“Neh” I nodded with a slight bow, as if I’m talking to Hyomin’s guardian and on the middle of getting permission to date Hyomin.


“I don’t remember if she ever excitedly introduce anyone to me previously like how she did with you” Now I just let her to keep talking.


“She used to keep things to herself, if you already noticed and it need you to observe her to know her better” She then patted my shoulder and said “You can do it”


“If you break her heart, I will break your bones” She then show sign of ‘I will keep my eyes on you’ to me.


“I get it” I responded to her, a bit scared but then she grab my arm and show her warm smile to me, sending a relief to my heart.


...


Hyomin’s pov


Doorbell rang make me put a halt on chopping the rice cake and go check on it. I quickly open it knowing who is behind it but to my surprised, it’s not just Jiyeon but Jiyeon with her big baggage.


“I’m moving in. Don’t worry I will pay monthly rental” Without waiting, she get in quickly, bringing her baggage to my bedroom before running to downstairs, joining me on the kitchen.


“Your family fine with it?” I asked, focusing on chopping the rice cake.


“I’m well behaved recently and agreed to help dad at his company, so he let me but on condition of weekly visit” She responded. I look at her and saw her emotionless expression, means that she didn’t made it up.


“What about your previous career?” I ask again, start to turn on the stove.


“I found a good cook already” She move to my side and grinned at me.


“I thought you enjoy your previous work” I said, focusing with cooking.


“I enjoy my current good cook more and don’t feel like eating other’s food anymore” She responded. “I want you to cook for me forever” She added, hugging me from behind.


“Then marry me” I said, more like joking but she turn me around to face her.


“You know I will” She look into my eyes, signalling me to trust her.


“Your tteobokki will taste weird if you keep bugging me, so please wait while watching TV or something” I peck on her lips before I push her to the living room.


“Alright” She said, pouting but obediently walk to the couch.


I walk back to the kitchen, smile really wide. I can’t be any happier than this I guess. The thought of waking up next to her everyday, preparing foods for her, taking care of her making me so happy, too happy.


This is the beginning of our journey to the unsure future. The beginning of living together. We might can endure it to the end, we might not. Who knows but as the promised made, whatever that might faced us in future, we will keep holding on to each other, through the ups and downs, together.

 

I hope we can. I know we can.

 

 

___________________________________________________________

 


Note : I will put this fic on complete status for now but might add their random date in future, but for now, it’s complete.

 

So now that we reached the end, I want to thanks you guys for reading, subscribing, commenting and upvoting this fic. It mean a lot to me. I enjoy reading all the comments and it really motivate me to keep updating.

 

I wanna tell the reason why I wrote this. It was because I really miss 6-ARA interaction, too much that it hurt and I miss minyeon too, my ultimate ship.

 

So, I guess that’s it. My farewell note and before that, I would love to inform that no thumbs was injured during the writing of this whole fic :D (I use my phone)

 

Till we meet again guys! Either here or new one, who knows. Again, thanks y’all! *bow 90 degree