Could it Be?

Jiyeon

Hyomin’s pov


“You play with your phone too much”


I look up from my phone’s screen to Soyeon’s face. She look at me with obvious annoyed expression. I already try hard to not looking at my phone though. It just that few seconds of me looking, she already judge me. Heh.


We are spending our free evening at the cafe. Just the two of us. Qri is on her way to join us.


“I’m just replying to some texts” I defend myself.


“Are you dating a High schooler or something?”


What? What is she thinking for her to said that?


“No. Why you say that?” I put down my phone. It just that Jiyeon is bored, so I... ugh never mind. It’s not like I can tell her that though.


I did tell them Jiyeon come to visit the other day but of course not any details of that day. I just said she came, I lend her the room, she goes back. As simple as that.


“Are you in relationship now and not telling us?” She ask again.


“No” Of course I am not in any relationship unless me myself don’t know about what is going on in my own life.


“What are guys talking about?” Qri who just arrived plop down beside me and ask while looking at both of us.


“She is in relationship and trying to hide it from us” Soyeon pointed at me and wear a confident face as if she said a fact.


“With Jiyeon?” Qri asked while sipping on her hot cappuccino.


“No” I protested with a bit high pitch voice, a bit shocked.


“You know Hyomin, being in love cost you two friends. That will be me and Qri” Soyeon look at me and then at Qri, nodding to her with serious facial expression.


“Whyyy?” Isn’t it too early to say I’m in love? Did I behave like someone in love? I just replying to texts though and even if I’m in love, why I need to lose both of them?


“Because... Qri unnie, tell her”


“Because she is Soyeon and she is just teasing you like always” Qri responded right away.


Soyeon laugh with all her heart after Qri done explaining.


“Hyomin, don’t worry. If you want to date Jiyeon, you got my full support” Qri tapped my shoulder.


“Just invite her to join us gather like this. It annoy me looking at you keep replying her on phone like that” Soyeon drop her laugh and start to sound normal again.


“I’m not dating her and what make you guy so sure that I’m texting Jiyeon” Did it written on my face?


“You start acting like this since she visit you the other day” Soyeon responded.


“Alright” I don’t know what else to say.


“Invite her to join us” Soyeon sound more like commanding than inviting.


“She is on recovering period and it’s not convenient for her to go back and forth to here so often” I responded.


“Pick her up then”


Ah right. Tomorrow is Wednesday. Isn’t it better if I pick her up instead of her driving by herself all the way here? I will proposed that offer to her later.


...


Jiyeon’s pov


Finally it’s Wednesday. I’m dying of boredom waiting for Wednesday to come. I’m imprisoned in this big house the whole 3 days. What a sad life.


I agree with Hyomin’s offer to pick me up. I feel bad for her though but thinking about the sound of me starting the car’s engine might attract this whole house attention, I better not using my own car.


I peek at the clock. 0930. Hyomin will be here at any moment.


The witch usually busy with watering the plants at the back of the house at this time and usually spend time at kitchen after that. I hope today too so I can sneak out without much obstacles.


I took a last look of myself on the mirror to check on myself. Satisfied with my appearance, I sprayed my favourite perfume to boast my confident. Look nice, smell nice.


I tiptoe to leave the house, checking the whole way for incoming danger. I walk faster to the main door and heave a long relief sigh, noticing nobody presence on the way.


I was already on my way to front gate when I heard a voice from my back.


“Where are you going?”


Without looking back, I run with all my might to the front gate and enter the yellow Lotus Evora parked on the side road.


I try to act normal so Hyomin won’t suspect my weird behaviour.


“Let’s go” I said, hiding my smile, eyeing her from the tip of my eyes. I’m glad I see her again.


...


Hyomin didn’t let me help her with the cooking so I just sit watching her. I did stubbornly try to help but she always ended up dragging me to chair.


I don’t know but I can spend a lot more hours observing her like this. She do the cooking while once in a while conversing with me about random stuff.


Her lips show small pout when she concentrate. Her hairs tied high to a bun shape, showing her whole forehead. Her eyes a bit bigger than usual as she concentrate and her nose crinkles once in a while.


She is a beauty, a cutie. Did she aware about that?


I was so into observing her, I don’t really realize she already sitting in front of me, both palms on her cheeks, mimicking my exact style and look at me.


“Are you bored?” She asked.


“No I’m not” I smiled. I’m really not.


“I’m almost done”


“I can see that” 


She already done with cleaning the leftover of the ingredients and the smell of the cooking tteobokki is no joke. My stomach is now growling performing rock music inside, can’t wait to be fed.


It’s not taking long for me to have it. She prepared it way too nice for me and the moment I taste it, there is somewhere on my mind bursting with joy. It’s my inner fireworks or whatsoever you called it.


I reviewed to her about every details of her cooking, less formal like how I used to do with my job, which sometimes can be exhausting with the need of proper usage of the words.


Most importantly, the simplicity of her cooking remind me a lot of my late grandma tteobokki. It’s really been so long I didn’t taste a good tteobokki like this.


“So I give you 5 out of 5 stars for all textures, appearances and tastes” I clapped for her.


“You are exaggerating” She chuckles. She didn’t seem like hating it though.


“My number one rule is to give honest review no matter how much the bribe offers or no matter how beautiful the chef is” I lean closer to her and wink. I actually not really good at winking, so it might look like I close both of my eyes at the same time.


Even so, she still blushed. What a cutie she is.


“I will help you to do the cleaning” I offer.


“No. You are my guest” As expected, she declined my offer and quickly picking up the dishes to the sink and clean them.


I think I’m taking too much from her now. I need to do something to make it fair for both of us.


“Alright then. Can I use your washroom upstairs? I don’t like the toilet design of the downstairs one” I usually use the toilet on upstairs while living here back then, which connected to the master bedroom.


“Sure” She responded, still busy with the cleaning.


I run to the upstairs, opening her bedroom door. On my way to the toilet, I observed her room. Tidy and the interior design not much different from mine back then, with the bed still at the same place and the wardrobes too.


Something catch my eyes near her bedside. A stand of white canvas. Feeling tempted to peek at her work, I walk closer. My heart skip a beat at the sight of her sketch.


Could it be?


...


Hyomin’s pov


Wait a minute. Now that I think of it, Jiyeon using the toilet upstairs means she need to walk through my room which...


Oh. My. God.


I’m busted.