Terror Night

Jiyeon

That night, all five of us gather at my house. Boram said spirits usually show up at dark places. So night time is the most suitable time to meet one. 


Soyeon, as she said earlier, really tagging along and Qri too. I don’t mind that. In fact, I feel so warm a lot of peoples care for me.


At first Boram just wander around the house with us following her right behind. She said she can’t sense anything so she requested me to dimmed all the lights.


After some time passed Boram finally said, “I don’t feel anything present here”


We all go back to living room and gather there.


“Maybe it’s all just me. My imagination” That is possible, so I said it. It might be really just me.


“I saw her too the other day though” Boram said with frown on her face. She look like trying to figure out the other way for her to meet Jiyeon.


“You are exceptionally quiet tonight” Qri low voice captured my attention. I look at her and saw she tease Soyeon with playful smirk.


“Shut up” Soyeon nudge her to stop the teasing.


I smile at both of them. Soyeon did look funny with her obvious trembling. She was so eager to join us before though and now she look like the most scared among all of us.


“Maybe you should take a look at that second room” I pointed at the second room direction to Boram.


“I guess so”


We all goes to upstairs and now in front of the second room’s door.


I slowly open the door revealing the complete dark room behind it. Boram was ready to walk in but to my surprised, the door closed itself so suddenly with a great force from inside producing the loud banging sound.


All of us let out a scream, shocked with what just happened. Boram was on her now. The door slam right to her forehead making her fall on her .


I look at behind me and saw Soyeon blocked her ears with both of her hand, running to downstairs in terror. Qri with wide eyes follow her right behind.


Eunjung just gasped in shock but then give me hand to help Boram to stand on her feet.


Later all of us gather again at the living room, now with lights on.


“What was that?” Eunjung ask with worried written all over her face.


“Not sure” Boram responded. Her forehead show a red bruised. I don’t know what is best to do other than giving her iced pack to reduced the pain.


“She look like doesn’t like us goes in there” Eunjung commented. More sound like talking to herself.


“You was there before right?” Boram ask while looking at me.


“Yea but maybe that was day time”


“There are nothing like that” Boram quickly cut my words.


“Did you feel her presence when Eunjung was with you?” Boram continue with a question. I can sense her theory there.


“No. Not even in my dream”


“It sound like she won't show up and didn’t welcome all of us except for you” Qri shoot her opinion while looking at me.


We all look at her, can’t even think of any better idea. I can’t feel her presence all the time when Eunjung was here and she obviously didn’t let others to enter that second room.


Even if that is right, why though?


That night we just sleep together at the living room with lights on. Soyeon was too scared to go back home, so all of us agree to just sleep at my house, together.


Like always, it’s hard for me to fall asleep. So I went to the kitchen, sitting alone.


“Can’t sleep?”


I turn to look at the owner of the voice, a bit shock but later after I saw her, smile formed on my lips. It’s Qri.


“Yea. I actually always have trouble to sleep at night"


“Then we are the same” I look at her and we both smile at each other.


“Do you think we can find her brother?” I ask while looking blankly to the front.


“Soyeon said she will work on that. She know a lot of peoples. I guess it won’t be hard for her”


“I hope so”


Now that I think about Soyeon, she help a lot. I feel bad for her to be in this situation with me. She didn’t talk much after that second room incident. She must be so shocked.


Sigh.


Jiyeon, why are you acting like that?

 

...

 

“You not going to go back?” Eunjung didn’t show any sign to go back so I asked.


“I’m going to stay here with you until we settled all this”


“You don’t have work?”


“I will take day off”


“Nothing will happened, so just go back already” I can’t bother her anymore with my problem.


“Not after last night incident”


I don’t think I can argue with her. I don’t know but I’m sure Jiyeon won’t do anything bad to me. My gut feelings tell me that but it’s not easy to convince Eunjung.


My phone buzz while I’m busy thinking about how to convince Eunjung to not worried about me. It’s a call from Soyeon.


“Hello Unnie” I greet her.


“I already contacted him, her brother”


“You what? Wow daebak! Really?” Soyeon is really capable of anything, so reliable. I can feel my eyes beam with hope now.


“Yeah haha of course. It’s me. I asked for us to meet with him regarding the house thingy and he agreed” She sound so proud.


“What can I do without you? How is your fever?” I heard that she got a slight fever after that night.


“What fever? I’m completely fine. It must be Qri right? Don’t listen to her. She got nothing else to do other than badmouthing me”


“She just love you and concern about you” I feel better now that Soyeon sound like herself again.


“Eyy no way. Alright got to go now. I’m going to find Qri and pull her hairs for talking nonsense about me”


I laugh out loud before ending the call. Those two are really funny.


“Who is it?” Eunjung ask me right after I ended the call.


“Soyeon Unnie. She arranged the meeting with Jiyeon’s brother already”


“Really? Wow so capable”


“I know right”


I’m getting quite nervous now that the truth feel so close for me to know. I hope with meeting with her brother, I finally know  what actually happened to her.


Right, what actually happened to her? I can’t wait to know.