Moving In

Jiyeon

Hyomin’s pov


Today I move in to my new house. I bought it. So now that I’m settled with the ownership thingy, I finally move in.


It is a simple two storey house. Not really a big house. Just average. Well suited with me who going to live there alone, by myself.


I was so into checking the whole house when my phone buzz in my jean’s pocket.


“Do you need help?” A very familiar voice.


“I don’t think so. You know I don’t have much things left unpack and this house is all set up already”


“That didn’t sound really convincing you know. I will come later to check on you”


“You sound like a grandma, Jungie”


Eunjung, my best friend. My one and only best friend. I love her but she is annoying and love to nag like grandma.


“I will come over after work”


“No you don’t have to”


“See you later”


No use arguing with her. 


I put down my phone and continue checking around. All things are really already set up by the workers as I planned it for them. It just my personal belonging left unpack now.


I will just wait for Eunjung to bring my only unpacked big baggage to upstairs later. She is stronger than me and she asked for it, so I left it for her.


I went outside to look at the outside surrounding. This house is a bit isolated from other houses and a bit far from the city. Suited well with my preference.


As an artist, I need a quiet surroundings, like this.


As I look around, I saw a blond girl walk passed. For seconds, we just look at each other. No greeting, no smiling. Just looking.


“Qri!”


A loud voice suddenly filled the whole place and the owner of the voice show up later behind that blond person. She is panting hard as the result of running and look very annoyed but as soon as she saw me, she put big smile on her face and wave her hand to me.


“Wow she is pretty” She said to the blond.


I heard that and that was awkward. She is really loud and now she drag the blond girl to come close to me. She look like a friendly neighbour come to greet.


“Hi” She greet me. I greet her back and put a smile on my face.


“You move in today? I heard about you. By the way, I’m Soyeon”


“Yea and I’m Hyomin”


She nudge the blond to urge her to talk. I find this two are very funny. One is very loud and the other one too quiet.


“Err I’m Qri”


Oh, so Qri was her name.


“Would you two like some tea or coffee?” I grow up learning that we need to be polite to our neighbours so I said that.


Soyeon quickly agree but at the same time, Qri politely decline. They both are a total opposite to each other, I can’t help but let out a silent laugh. We might can make a good friends.


The three of us ended up at my kitchen’s table.


“You remind me of the previous owner. For seconds, I thought you are her earlier” Soyeon initiate the conversation. She look really comfortable like this is actually her house and it’s me that come to visit.


“Oh really?” I heard that the previous owner left the house about a year ago and not too long after that, this house is on sale.


“I don’t know though why and when exactly she move out. I heard that she didn’t even bring her belongings. Instead of her, I saw her brother taking care of everything before this house was put on sale” Soyeon continue talking about the previous owner.


Now that Soyeon bring up about the previous owner, I start to wonder what kind of person she is but I think it is unnecessary to ask about her, so we continue conversing about each other instead.


“Park Hyomin!”


A sudden yell from front door interrupt the talking. Hahm Eunjung announcing her presence.


“Did someone come over? I saw..” Eunjung froze for a while looking at my guests, unable to finished her words but then shoot friendly smile to them.


As the middle person, I introduce them to each other and of course Eunjung blend well very quickly with them especially with Soyeon. I actually think that both of them are equally talkative.


Not too long after that, Soyeon and Qri excuse themselves to leave, making way for me to spend time with Eunjung.


“They are friendly” Eunjung commented as both of us looking at Soyeon and Qri leaving.


Now only both of us left. I just looking when Eunjung bring upstairs the big and heavy luggage. She didn’t even complaint when I ask her to carry it.


To be honest, I love it to see her carrying things for me. She look cool and strong whenever she did that. I smile proudly trailing behind her while peeking at her muscle. She did look reliable for carrying things. I wonder if she can carry me too?


“You should drive back now. It’s getting late” I massage her shoulder as a thank you act.


“Will you be okay by yourself?” 


There she start again.


“Of course. I’m used with living by myself though”


I know it will be really hard to convince her so I drag her to her car.


“Call me, okay?”


I rolled my eyes. “I’m not your girlfriend”


“Just call. So I won’t be worried”


“No. I don’t want to talk with a nagging grandma”


Eunjung shake her head in defeat.


“Alright, I’m going now. Take care” She ruffle my hair before disappear to her car and drive away.


I’m going inside and go straight to upstairs after locking the door. I planned to put all my clothes to the wardrobe.


It’s already dark when I’m done unpacking, bathing and eating. 


Silence filled the whole place. I sit in front of white canvas stand and start sketching. My hand follow my thought and sketch two figures in front of a house. One of them awkwardly stood still and the other one happily waving.


This is how I expressed my feeling and how I tell about what is going on in my life. I’m happy just by doing this.


It must be really late now because I feel really sleepy. It’s so not me to sleep early but today is different. New surrounding make me feel really tired to adjust.


I lied down on my bed and dim the light. I was on the middle of drifting to dreamland when my eyes caught a slim figure looking at me. I am too tired to be shocked. It must be my dream but before I completely passed out, I’m sure I heard a whisper very close to my ears.