Sleeping Beauty

Jiyeon

It was like the six of us tied with the red fate thread because even on this random day that I choose to visit Jiyeon, I bumped into the other four coincidentally and now all of us ended up at this hospital.


“Maybe you should try to kiss her or something, anything that gave strong impact to urge her to wake up” Soyeon said, giving me a look that look like as if she said something really normal.


“That sound ridiculous you know” I responded to her. I am a stranger to her and a kiss? She might really wake up and slap me right away and most importantly why me?


"I think she suited with sleeping beauty image with that obvious beauty” Qri examined Jiyeon face with full admiration.


“Hyomin. What are you waiting for?” Soyeon pointed at Jiyeon with her lips, try hard to act normal but her evil smirk kind of obvious on the tip of her lips.


“Stop teasing me” I turn to look at Eunjung with pleading eyes asking for back up but she just smile at us.


“So you not going to do anything about this?” Soyeon keep her teasing. Why she love teasing so much??


“There is nothing that I can do” I said in frustration. “Boram unnie, there is nothing like that right?” Now I try to ask for back up from Boram.


“I am on Soyeon side” Boram said with her monotone.

 

I am all alone. Ugh!


“Unnieee” Now I’m whining like a little kid. No one siding with me.


“Alright” Soyeon stand from her seat and give signal for all of us to stay a bit further.


“What? Why?” Her act is confusing but we all follow her instruction.


Soyeon move her face close to Jiyeon which caused me to produce a loud gasp, shocked with her action. She going to kiss Jiyeon? Really like REALLY?? HELL NO!


I was so ready to stop her but Soyeon, instead of going near to Jiyeon’s lips, she move her lips close to Jiyeon’s ears, whispering something to her.


To my surprise, after Soyeon done with her whisper and backing away, Jiyeon show a sudden movement. Her fingers flinched and it was obvious. All of us gasped, very surprised with what just happened.


“I will call for Doctor to check on her” Hyojoon voice rang very close on my right side, gave me shock. When did he stand there?

 

“What you just did?” I am shocked. I am very shocked.


“Telling her something” Soyeon look surprised too. Can’t believe with the effect of what just she did.


“What did you tell her?” Eunjung asked. We all curious now, very curious.


It was like a magic. A magic from our Miss-Capable-of-Anything, Park Soyeon.


Soyeon just smile mysteriously, didn’t look like going to tell us anything about what she just whisper to Jiyeon.

 

...

 

Doctor said Jiyeon show a progress which she never did before. We all are told to be prepared for her to wake up anytime.


I feel the mixed of feelings about that. Imagine, Jiyeon waking up! As a person. Talking. I wonder how she sound like?


I want to be there when she wake up but then I think what is my right to do so. We are stranger to each other.


“What did you tell her earlier?” This might be the thousandth times I asked Soyeon.


We are on our way back from hospital now.


“Related to you”


“And what is it?”


Did she tell Jiyeon about me going to let Jiyeon have back the house?


Or did Soyeon tell Jiyeon that I like her?


Or anything similar?


I already told Jiyeon all that though.


“Secret” Again.


I give up. I won’t ask anymore. I won’t ask until the next 5 minutes. After that, I’m going to ask again. Until she tell me.

 

"I will tell you when I feel like it's the right time" She added.

 

When will that?

 

...

 

A month later


I didn’t hear from her. I heard that she woke up few weeks ago but I never heard from her. All that I know is she is on recovering period now.


I was busy with some works lately. I need to goes back and forth from my place to capital city but now that I settled with all that, I finally have time to get a plenty of rest.


With nothing to do, my mind wander randomly, thinking about random stuff. Unconsciously I enter the second room.


“When are you going to take all this?”


“What about this house?”


Now she won’t heard me anymore right? A sudden emptiness creep into my heart on the thought of that. I get used with her presence.


I think maybe I should cleared the dust for her now that I got nothing to do.


I was searching for the cleaning tools when I heard the doorbell rang.


Eunjung? She really love to visit without early notice.


I goes downstairs and open the door. To my surprised, instead of Eunjung, I saw someone else. Someone who I’ve been thinking about earlier.


Am I dreaming?


“Hi. I am Park Jiyeon. Sorry to bother you. I’m here to take back my left belongings”


I shook her hand which she offer to me. I think this is the first time I feel her for real. Her hand grip so firm and every second feels like slowing down around me.

 
“Park Hyomin. Sure” I push the door wide open inviting her to come in.


She smiled.


She look at me with strong gaze.


But I think I’m sure that any memory of her while she was still in her deep sleep before are nowhere reflected on those eyes.


She doesn’t seem like she recognized me.