Crush on You

Jiyeon

Hyomin’s pov


“Are you done?” Jiyeon ask as she show up at the kitchen.


I was a bit shocked by the sight of her but try hard to not show it. She must be already saw it, my last sketch. I think it’s pretty much obvious now to her that I’m having crush on her or something similar. If it too much to be categorized as love, then this affection that I got for her, like thinking about her most of the time, what should I call it? Crush, right?


It just that I sketch her too detail to be true, like I remember every curves on her face, without any picture as reference. What excuse should I make to make it look like I did that randomly, without feelings attached?


I examined her face, searching for unusual expression. No, nothing like that show there. Maybe we should just act like she never saw it.


“Yes. I’m done” I responded to her, trying to act normal and calmed my flustered hearts. The thinking of getting caught make my heart goes wild in pumping blood.


“Then” She said as she walk closer and stretch her arm towards me, offering me to hold hand with her which surprised me a lot. “Let’s take a walk, outside”


I took it hesitantly. What is on her mind?


I took her hand anyway and she intertwined our hands together, which I think perfectly fit to each other or like how my heart exaggerate about it, match made in heaven. I inwardly smile with my own stupid thought. Whatever.


“I want to show you my favourite places around here” She said as we leave the house.


We walk on the neighbourhood, together which usually, I walk on it alone by myself. I glanced at her once in a while, waiting. In case she might suddenly ask about the sketch. I already prepared some excuses like I randomly thought of her last night because we are going to meet today, I have a good memory that’s why I remember clearly how she look like and err I think just that will do. But she never ask. Alright.


“You must be already visit that place a lot, right?” She pointed at the cafe that I usually go with Soyeon and the gang.


“Yes” I responded. That place was already feel like my second home. Visited there too often.


“But me, I have other preference” She said, looking at my face with a smile.


“Really? Where?” I look away.


“I will show you” She said, grabbing my hand once again and start walking too suddenly without warning, resulting in me losing my balance. I think she can sense it because she tighten her grip on my hand but yea my face stupidly landed on her shoulder as she turn to me.


I can’t embarrassed myself more than this I guess but the hell with her nice scent? So inviting for me to take unnecessary extra sniff. I look up and our face now are too close that I found myself trying to hold my breath. I can even feel her breath on my face!


“Sorry” I back away fast like really fast. “I lose my balance” I’m blushing like crazy now. I need to hide my face.


“It’s okay. It’s my fault anyway” She let out a chuckle as she said that. I have no courage to peek at her so I don’t know what kind of expression she show at this moment.


We then ended up at an old restaurant. She seem like she know the owner because they chat a lot, with that old lady even ask about how is her dad doing and why Jiyeon didn’t show up for long time.


I observed the whole place. This place really look like an old place with old design but still look good. Most of the peoples that come here are the elderly.


“You know the coffee here is amazing” She said as the owner disappear to the back of the place.


I just smile at her. I like it how her eyes beam with joy whenever she talk about something that she like.


“It’s traditional coffee by the way. Oldskool right?” She added, showing a grin to me.


“How did you know about this place?” I ask.


“This is my late mom favourite place”


...


Jiyeon’s pov


Today is the blend of good day and bad day. Of course I get a scold again for going out by myself and not informing anyone at the house. Why they make it as if it was a big deal when the fact is I am already a fully grown up woman? It’s not like I’m going to faint if I step my foot outside. I’m fully recovered now, didn’t I?


Hyojoon oppa was present this time at dinner and he defend me, saying that I was with him. He already had enough at work which written all over his face while picking me up earlier and it didn’t help as he need to deal with another mess at home because of me.


I try to not think much about this mess and peek at my bedside, reminiscing every seconds that I spent with the person on those photos today. A wide smile make it way on my face as I think of her.


I think I like her. I look at my hand which hold hers earlier and bring it close to my face. Her scent still left there, a bit.


I took the calendar and circle the coming Sunday date. That will be the next meeting of us. I ask her out this time, watching movies together at cinema. She said she want me to meet her friends too that Sunday’s evening.


So, are we start going out now? I smile even wider by myself thinking about it.


A faint knock suddenly can be heard from my door. “May I come in?” It’s Hyojoon’s voice.


“Yea” I said as my hand quickly unclipped the two photos at my bedside, hiding it under my pillow.


Hyojoon walk close to me as he enter my room, plopping right beside me, lying down.


“Sorry for the mess, oppa” I said, sincere. I feel bad for him. He didn’t look good too now.


“It’s okay” He ruffles my hairs, smiling lovingly to me.


“I will made it up for you later” I said trying to cheer him up.


“Really?” He said weekly but still smiling.


I pity him a lot. He run the family business along with our dad. The thing is he don’t know how to say no, he didn’t even go after his own dream, unlike me who rebel a lot. The witch love to take advantage of his kindness, which is so much of my hate.


“Yes. Tell me if you need anything from me” I said, looking at his tired face with weary eyes. He never ask for anything from me. If there anything that I could do for him, I will do it.


“Set me up with your friend from earlier” He look at me and I can see the slight blush on his face.


“Hyomin?” I ask with my heart beating faster. Please say no. But if he said from earlier, then it’s obviously Hyomin. He saw me with her while picking me up earlier.


“Yes” He confirmed.


“Do you like her? Or you just want to play around?” I ask with serious tone. My heart beating even faster, feeling like getting mad so suddenly.


“Did you ever saw me playing around?” He ask back. I never saw him playing around. Not with human’s feelings.


“I fall for her from the first sight. I just don’t know how to get close with her. You seem close with her. Please help me” He added.


Yes, that’s right, getting close. I sighed thinking about that.


This is not right. It can be anyone else but Hyojoon to ask this kind of help from me so it will be easy for me to decline.


What to do with my own new founding feelings for her that I just plan to grow and what to do too with this new information that I just know? My own brother are interested with the very same person as I am. My own brother who is in his whole life scarifies a lot, neglecting his own need.


...


Hyomin’s pov


Sunday come faster than I expected. I prepared myself early for this meeting, making sure myself look good.


I try hard to look as casual as possible and not showing too much effort to look good, even I did try extra hard to look good. I choose red t-shirt and a jean, letting my black hair down and put on light make up. Feeling satisfied, I leave the house to meet her.


...


I wait for Jiyeon right outside the cinema. I arrived a bit too early. Too excited maybe.


A sudden light touch on my shoulder from my back making me jump a bit in shock. I turn to look at the person at my back.


“Hi”


“Hyojoon?”