Heart on Fire

Jiyeon

“I don’t know what to get for you so I bought these flowers from the florist that I saw nearby so you can put it on your table or something”


Jiyeon enter the house revealing the mix of flowers that she has been holding and show it to me.


“Oh. You actually don’t have to bother yourself with that” I took the flower from her and lead her to my kitchen, trying hard to hide the sudden blush on my face.


“I feel bad though if I visit you with empty hand” Jiyeon look around on her way following me. She look like checking the change of the interior design of this house, which previously belongs to her.


“Please don’t be” 


I put the flowers right away on the vase and put it on my kitchen’s table. As I look up to look to her, our eyes meets. 


I don’t know if it just me or what but her stares kind of gave feels like sending wave of electricity to me. I feel like it’s hard to look away and Jiyeon didn’t even break the stare.


“Would you want some drinks?” I finally manage to break the stare, which is maybe just for few seconds but feel like forever. I can’t stand it because it feel like my heart is on fire the longer I stare at her. 


I guess it must be because I’m too looking forward to meet her and now that we did and she look too good to be true, I can’t help myself.


“Sure” She responded to me, still with the stare, burning the side of my face that she look at. Strange enough, her stare gave familiar feelings. It is the same feeling with back then when I can feel her around.


“Orange juice?”


“Orange juice is fine”


I bring her a glass of orange juice and joined her sitting on the table.


“I heard that you and your friends visit me when I was still hospitalized. Thanks” She smile at me and I noticed her eyes is smiling along whenever she smile.


My eyes scanned every curve of her face carefully so I won’t get caught even though I’m dealing with someone who just daringly keep staring at me.


I don’t know if I ever saw anyone more beautiful than her. She is way good looking in person.


“Ah that” I lose my words. I think I’m not really myself right now.


“You want to go check on upstairs now” We can’t sit here looking at each other any longer because I think I look stupid with this ridiculous blush on my face and she is done with her drink, so I guess we better check on that second room.


We both now standing in front of the second room door where there are cleaning tools that I placed there before.


“I was trying to do some cleaning” I grinned at her and move aside all the tools to let her entering the room.


“Wow” She let out a chuckles looking at how dusty the room is. “I must be gone too long for this room to be on this state”


“Maybe we should clean it first, so it will be easier for you to move it” I voiced my opinion.


“Yea I think so” She responded, changing her eyes direction from looking at the room to me.


I guess it is her habit to keep looking once she laid her eyes on someone because she still look at me, now.


“Is there something wrong at my face?” I try to ask. In case there actually is.


“No it just that you look very familiar. It’s kind of bothering me that I can’t remember so I was just trying to figure it out. Sorry” She look away, maybe feeling guilty for keep staring. I actually don’t mind that.


“It’s okay” So it’s confirmed now. She don’t remember.


We both start to wipe the dust away.


“Did we ever met, Hyomin ssi?” She ask without looking, working hard with the cleaning.


“Just call me Hyomin. I don’t think so”


Yes, we did, in unfortunate situation but I won’t tell you that.


“Then” She turn to look at me. “Why you look very familiar?”


I look back at her, thinking about how to respond.


“You know Jessica Jung, the famous singer? Peoples has been telling me that I look like her. Maybe that’s why you feel like I look familiar” I let out a chuckles thinking that I said a funny thing but Jiyeon didn’t laugh along.


I change my facial expression, embarrassed with what I just said. Then, suddenly she smile, sending a bit relief to my heart. “A bit” She said.


It seem like she won’t stop looking until she found out where exactly she ever met me before and I can’t think of any way to make her stop so I just let her, even she almost burnt me down with her stares.


Judging from the way she act, she look like a stubborn person. Like how stubborn she was with not wanting to wake up before. Now she are being stubborn with searching for the loss memory with keep looking at me.


“Are you sure you going to move out all this?” I pointed to her album collections.


“I need to” 


We both stop cleaning now and sit facing each other.


“You can let them here actually. I don’t mind” Yes, I don’t mind.


“This is your house now” She responded, without showing any hint of what she was thinking about.


“What about I lend you this room to keep all these. Isn’t it hard to rearrange all this later?” That was my excuse to keep seeing her in future. What the heck? What if she can read my agenda?


“Yea you are right” She didn’t declined. “Plus I’m worried if that witch will throw them away if I brought all this home” She added.


“Who?” Witch? Witch what?


“Ah nothing” She grinned, trying to act like she never said anything weird.


“Your stepmom?” I try to ask, in case she want to open up.


“Yes” A quick respond though. “How you know?” Now she look at me with face full of questions.


“I just happened to know a bit, a tiny bit about your background. From your brother” I said the truth.


“Oh”


I think I can’t read her at all and what that ‘oh’ supposed to mean?


She continue with the cleaning and me too joined her.


“This is our first meeting right?” Her sudden question make me turn to look at her. She didn’t look at me this time.


“Yea” I responded.


“But I feel like we’ve known each other for long long time. Don’t you feel so?” Now she look at me.


“I did”


I just let her looking at me searching for the answer and this time I didn’t break the stare.


Time suddenly slowing down around me. Sound vanished. Everything vanished from my sight leaving only her. Now just me and her looking at each other. I’m aware this is not normal to happened at the first meeting but I really can’t help myself. It’s hard to look away.


My phone buzz on my pocket which feels way louder than usual, give extra shock to me. I quickly peek at the caller’s name. Soyeon.


“Yo Minnie!” Soyeon with her cheerful voice greet me from the other side.


“Melody Soyani” I played along, smiling.


“Are you free tonight?” She asked.


“Yeah why?”


“The bar asked me to sing for them tonight. You will come right? To support me”


“Yea of course. In case you embarrassed yourself, I will save you right away” I . I heard that she can sing well but never have chance to heard it.


“You try to say that again after tonight” She responded. Didn’t sound affected at all.


“Qri and Boram unnie will come too right?” I asked.


“Of course. They won’t dare to not come”


“It must be great if Eunjung can join us”


“I plan to call her after you and bye. You don’t come, we are not friend anymore” Like that, she end the call.


I can’t help but laugh. Almost forgot there is Jiyeon with me.


“Are you free tonight?” I ask as I look at her.


It must be great if all six of us can gather tonight. I’m already so happy by just thinking about it. I hope she is free.

 

 

___________________________________________________________


Don’t forget to vote for T-ARA for Mwave Global Fan's Choice award!