(9) All ships - Finally (Michaeng)

Twice Series

Have you wondering how Chaeyoung started the habit of coming late to the assembly? Alright. I will just assume you do. Everyone in the school knew Chaeyoung. She was known as a simple person. Like, she prefer someone called her, her nickname instead of her full name. But that day, she never be that persistent to do something, until that happen.

"Gosh. How dare they didnt wake me up." Chaeyoung grunted as she struggled with her tie while passing through the crowd against her small body. She was never late to school. And on that day, where there was assembly, she had to wake up late and being ditched by her lovely roommates. She was tying her shoes at her seat when someone got into the class.

"You are late. What is your name?" The unknown said. It was the first time someone asked for her name, because mostly of the students knew her name. And it was the first time she was stunned by someone. And she cant looked away from the latter.

Its Myoui Mina, leaning on the door, with her notepad, writing something on it, maybe a demerit form for her.

"Its Chaeng." She answered.

"Name." Mina asked again. Not accepting nickname as answer.

"Chaeng." Chaeyoung answered again.

"Seriously. What is your real name or I will double your demerit." Mina firmly said.

"Its for you to find it out. And its Chaeng, for you." Chaeyoung grinned before leaving her alone in the classroom. Mina was obviously shock from the treatment. She was never encounter with this 'Chaeng' or what so ever, and she didnt knew her. Suprisingly.

---

It was the same again the next week. Mina still found Chaeyoung inside her classroom even after the bell rang.

"Son Chaeyoung-shi. Why are you still here?" Mina leant on the door.

"You already get my name. Nice. But not that nice. Its Chaeng." Chaeyoung grinned before again leaving Mina alone.

---

And it went the same for a few months. And Mina cant get it why Chaeyoung did that.

"How come someone so obsess with her nickname?" She asked Nayeon, her roommate.

"And why cant you just called her by her nickname?" Nayeon asked back.

"I dont even know her." Mina frowned.

"She was just trying to make friend with you." Nayeon advised.

"Why should I?" Mina asked back.

"Come on, Myoui. She is nice. She is a friend of Jeong afterall." Nayeon patted her roommate slash bestfriend. "And she is as fluff as a cub when you get to know her." With that Mina already done enough with how Nayeon started to blabber how cute and fluffy Chaeyoung was.

It just Mina wasnt a person that can get close to someone that fast. It took 3 months for her roommate which was Nayeon get to have a proper conversation with her. Another 3 months for Nayeon to get Mina hung up with their other friends and the rest was history. So. What can you imagine, if someone she barely knew, asked her to directly called by her nickname. It might get years for her.

---

It had been a routine for her to pickup Chaeyoung everytime she was on duty for round before assembly and it was weird when she didnt found the latter in her class after the mall scene happen. And the latter seems to avoiding her since then. And its frustrated her more. She was about to get know the girl, but the girl already drifting away.

It didnt came to her mind that they will sat on the same table during the annual dinner. So did the others. It was awkward. And Mina didnt expected that the other girls would wear suit. And Chaeyoung looked damned fine with those suit. The table was like split into two, NaSaJiMiDa and JeongMoChaeTzu. And suddenly the other girls excused themselves.

"That was awkward." Mina muttered. And the other nodded, agreed.

MIna was shaken on her seat when Chaeyoung flashed her sweet dimple before they started performing. And then boom. The confession. Starting from then, she practiced in her mind Chaeng, Chaeng, Chaeng, Chaengie, Chaeng. The other girls taught she was muttering some kind of spell but when they heard it properly, it just Mina practicing Chaeyoung's nickname.

She was stunned again when she and the rest saw them walked to them after the dinner end. Still practicing in her mind. Yet Chaeyoung greeted her with her sweet smile. Making her lost her confidence again. Took a deep breath. And all is well.

"So. Chaeng is it?" Mina said, unable to meet Chaeyoung's eyes on her.

"Finally. Took long enough for you to say that." Chaeyoung sighed in relieved.

"So, Chaeng. Not Son Chaeyoung?" Mina said again.

"Yes. Chaeng. Only the teacher and nerd student council call Son Chaeyoung." Chaeyoung chuckled making Mina chuckled along with her.

"So I take it as a yes then?" Chaeyoung tried to look into Mina's eyes who had been avoiding her as much as she could. Mina bit her lips and covered her red face with her hands before nodding.

"Really? Like really really?" Chaeyoung almost shouted. Mina took a deep breath before removing her hands.

"Yes, Chaengie." Flashing her gummy smile.

---

yeayyy. done ^^