(13) Michaeng - Busted

Twice Series

Tired. It can be seen all over Chaeyoung's physical. From she opened her eyes in the morning until she set her on her seat in the class. She was dead tired but she didnt afford to skip another class or she wont able to participate in the tournament she prepared for. She was one of the ace for the school's track team. And next week was the national tournament and she was one of the most anticipating athlete.

The teachers just let her slept in the class since they understood her situation. On top of that she was a bright kid. So they just cut her some slack. Her friends also let her be.

But there was one person that kept glancing at her with worry expression. But the latter was too shy to do anything. Its not like they were always interacting afterall.

Chaeyoung was dead asleep even the bell for lunch was hit. She shooed away her friend so that she can sleep some more and her friend promised her to bought her some food.

The person who kept glancing at her was hesistating either she want to keep up with her friend or stay in the class. But she decided to keep up with friend to the canteen instead. However she looked back into the class before she left. Seeing Chaeyoung left alone made her felt sad. 

"You guys go first. I will catch up later." She said and quickly ran away from her friends before they could ask her anything.

She slowly approached the sleeping cub and sat infront of her. She was shamelessly stare at the sleeping cub. She rest her head on her palm while staring at the cub. But the sun kept rising and light shone distubing the cub. She unconciously blocked the light with her hand so that the cub slept in peace. She stay like that for solid 10 minutes when suddenly Chaeyoung grabbed her wrist.

"What are you doing here, Mina?" Chaeyoung asked without opening her eyes.

Mina was bluffered that Chaeyoung knew it was her that she took some time to answer her.

"I asked you. What are you doing here?" Chaeyoung finally opened her eyes and looked directly at her.

"Shouldnt you eat with your friends. What are you doing here?" She asked again. And as it was a cue someone stomach decided to grumble.

"Gosh that was embarassing. Do you want to go to the canteen now?" Chaeyoung asked. And finally Mina brain functioned.

"I think the food is most gone by now. We can share my lunchbox if you want." Mina shown her lunchbox.

"Is it ok? Its for you though." Chaeyoung frown.

"Its totally fine. I always pack extra since Momo always take my food." Mina unpacked her lunchbox and she 'unexpectedly' has two set of utensil. 

They silently ate they food but not without glancing at each other once in a while.

"You know that you are beautiful right?" Chaeyoung suddenly said, making Mina choked on her drink.

"Wh-what?" Mina was all red.

"You are cute." Chaeyoung chuckled and pat her head making her shrunk some more.

"You are the cute one though." Mina mumbled.

"Im sorry?" Chaeyoung laughed some more.

"You are the cute one." Mina said again not any louder than before.

"Oh gosh Mina. I didnt know you are this cute." Chaeyoung still with her undying laugh. It made Mina whined because Chaeyoung laughed so much at her.

"Are you planning on melting my heart at this point, Mina ya?" Chaeyoung dramatically put her hand on her chest.

"Gosh. Stop it." Mina covered her face for blushing too much.

"Are you ok with this?" Chaeyoung suddenly asked.

"About what?" Mina asked back.

"You sitting here."

"What do you mean?" 

"I mean. What if your friends see you here sitting with me? Wont they question you?"

"Then should I leave you alone right now?"

"What? No. I didnt mean it like that." Chaeyoung quickly grabbed Mina's hand since she looked pissed right now.

"Ok. Whats happening here?" A sudden interuption seperated them in an instance. But it was too late. They already saw what they shouldnt watched.

"Woww. Hot issue hot issuee!!" Dahyun grinned while approaching the two.

"I wondered why Mina didnt come to us like she said." Nayeon hung her arm around Mina's shoulder.

"So what's up with this holding hands?" Jeongyeon asked with this teasing face. At that time Mina's face was all red that they kept teasing her.

But being a cool kid Chaeyoung she is, just grabbed Mina's hand again and said "We date." while showing their hands. Everyone gasped.

"Wait. I should say this again. We engaged." Chaeyoung grinned.

"YOU WHAT?!" Mina was blushing that she hid her face with her hair.

"How come?" Jihyo asked.

"Well. Long short. I confessed to her last year. Date. And engaged last month."Chaeyoung shrugged.

"And how come we didnt knew about this?" Sana dumbfounded.

"She wanted to." Chaeyoung pointed at the blushing girl. "Ya. Mina ya." Chaeyoung pat her head so that the girl shown her face.

"Awwww." The other girls cooed.

"So when will the wedding?" Tzuyu asked.

"Unfortunately after we graduate from university." Chaeyoung answered.

"What? That was like 5 years to go." Momo wondered.

"Mina's dad want her to finish her study first. So I will wait for her until then. Right, Mina?" Chaeyoung looked at Mina.

"Well. Lets have a dinner together to celebrate our couple here." Jihyo suggested.

"But Chaeng has training today." Mina suddenly said. The other girls squealed for the nickname Mina gave to Chaeyoung.

"Hm. I will excused myself early then. Im sure the coach wont mind. They had pushing us too much lately." Chaeyoung said.

"But.. its.." "Its ok, Mina ya. Its not like everyday we eat with them." "Huh. Ok fine." Mina gave up in the end. She just want Chaeyoung to have enough rest. But that cub was stubborn.

The bell rang showing that the lunch break ended. The girls took their seat preparing for next class. Mina was about to walk away when Chaeyoung pull her wrist and left a peck on her cheek before released her so that Mina can take her seat with red cheeks.

"WE SAW THAT!" The girls teased them which Chaeyoung just laughed along with them.

"Gosh that cub. Why do I love her?" Mina chuckled and took her seat. She looked at Chaeyoung again laughing with her friends. "Yup. Definitely in love with her."