(11) Michaeng - Speeding

Twice Series

It was a very nice day. Very very nice day for all people. Chaeyoung thought it was too for her. 

Not until a police traffic stop her. She might or might not step on the pedal too excitedly and speed over the limit. So she had no choice but to stop over.

Knock knock

Chaeyoung sighed and facepalmed herself before she rolled down the window. She gave her best dimple smile with thought that the police traffic will melt and let her pass. But it was a failure.

"License, please." The uptight police traffic didnt even spare her a glance. She was fidgeting on her seat thinking of a way to get away. If her parents knew about this, her one week car will taken away from her and she will not let that happen.

"I'm sorry, sir. But my fiance got into accident and I need to go to the hospital as fast as I could. Please let me pass this time. I swear it will not happen again." She mentally pat herself when she saw the police traffic's face soften a little bit. But he didn't seem to believe it completely.

"Which hospital?" He asked making Chaeyoung taken aback. Which hospital??? Oh god!! "Seoul Hospital." She believed she answered with confidence. "Lead the way." The police was about to walk back to his bike when Chaeyoung finally digested what the police said. "What??!!!" She gasp. "I said lead the way, kid." The police already sat on his bike and worn his helmet. Chaeyoung was totally dumbfound with the the situation. She thought she was able to get away but it was getting worse. "Ok. I will lead the way." She sighed again and rolled up her window.

"Now where can I find myself a fiance that just get into accident?" She cursed to herself along the way to the hospital. She parked her car and took a small fast steps to the emergency room, followed by the police traffic.

She approached the counter and whisper to the nurse, while eyeing the police traffic that still kept his eyes on her.

"Do you have any woman, around my age, 20 something, that got into accident recently? Please help me. That police seems dont want to let me go easily." Chaeyoung slowly begging the nurse. The nurse peeked behind her, and nodded sympathetically. "Well. There is a lady. In room 23. Her name is Myoui Mina, a Japanese. Got into accident this 2 hours ago. No one come for her. She said she stay alone. Her emergency contact was her housemate but her housemate has something to do so she cant come yet. Maybe she can help you." The nurse kindly explained. "Thank you sooo much. I own you one." Chaeyoung thanked the nurse before took her steps to the said room.

Myoui Mina. Myoui Mina. Myoui Mina. Chaeyoung silently chanted the name so she wont forget it. She composed herself, getting ready for an act.

1, 2, 3, action!

Knock knock

Slowly she entered the room with a very, by mean very very concerned face. "Mina, baby!! I was worry about you!" She quickly approached the said girl and signalled the girl to help her with the police. Luckily the girl was wide awake and able to grasp the situation.

"You came.." Mina gave her gummy smile making Chaeyoung weak.

"Sorry, baby. Please forgive Chaengie~~~" Chaeyoung gave a hint of her name.

"That's ok. You are here now." Mina pat the latter.

"What happen? I told you to be careful." Chaeyoung asked with concern while checking the girl.

"Well. There is a kid suddenly run to the road. So I ran to catch her. And the car bumped me." Chaeyoung widen her eyes.

"The car bumped you!!! Let me take a look at you. Does it hurt?" This time Chaeyoung sincerely inspected the latter body. She hold the latter hand and frowned looking at the bandage that wrapped neatly around her hand. Its weird but Mina felt warm with her gestures.

"Its ok. I just get a scratch. But really. The car just bumped me. The car stopped before us. Thats why I said the car bumped." MIna smiled again. "And what are doing here, sir? Did Chaengie here got into trouble?" Mina swifted her attention to the police traffic that had been leaning on the door since Chaeyoung opened the door.

"Ouh. That kid, was caught for speeding. She said her 'fiance' get into accident. Well it seems like she didnt lie. But I thought her fiance would be a guy. But nevermind that. Both of you look cute together. So I will take my leave now. And kid. No speeding next time." With that the police finally left them alone. And finally Chaeyoung able to breathe.

"Oh god. That was intense." Chaeyoung slumped herself to the chair beside the bed.

"Nice excuse you get there." Mina chuckled a bit, amused.

"Ouh. I'm really really sorry that I drag you into this. Blame the nurse. She mentioned your name. But really. Thank you." Chaeyoung said. Mina just able to mumbled thats fine.

"What you did.. Was really admirable." She continue her words with a smile and looked at Mina. "I dont think I able to do like what you did. I dont have the courage." 

"Well, Thanks. I didnt knew what I was thinking at that time. Its like my body move at its own." Mina looked at her hand, feeling proud at herself.

"Ouh by the name. My name is Son Chaeyoung." Chaeyoung finally introduced herself.

"Myoui Mina." "Well yeah. I knew your name from the nurse. So to thank you, I think I should accompany you until your friend come." MIna declined at first but the cub insisted until Mina cant reject her anymore.

So they get know with each other, talk and and talk until the door making the two looked at the newcomer.

"Chaeyoungie?"

"Nayeon unnie?"

The newcomer and Chaeyoung looked at each other.

"Did I heard Chaeng's name?" Another newcomer peeked inside.

"Jeongyeon unnie?"

"Wait. The three of you know each other?" Mina asked.

"Well..." Chaeyoung scratched her head.

"Chaeng is my sister." Jeongyeon stated making Mina shocked at the fact.

"What are you doing here?" Nayeon asked Chaeyoung.

"Well. Long short story, Mina unnie helped me get away from speeding ticket." Chaeyoung answered sheepishly. Mina then helped Chaeyoung to explain the situation.

During their meeting, Nayeon and Jeongyeon cant help but to notice that Chaeyoung had treat Mina with affection. They never saw her like that. She was not the one who easily show affection to someone she just knew. But with Mina, she became different. And they glad that their beloved sister finally find someone.

After making sure that Mina was fine, the two took their leave.

"Are you not going back?" Mina asked Chaeyoung.

"Do you want me to leave?" Chaeyoung pouted, didnt want to leave the older yet. Mina felt like she want to hug the girl.

"Its not like you can stay here." Mina said.

"But the nurse said you are going to discharged this evening. I can wait till then." Chaeyoung gave her dimple smile making Mina wanted to pinch her cheek.

"Are you always find excuse?" Mina giggled.

"I can always find an excuse to meet beautiful girl." Chaeyoung winked making the latter blushed.

"Well. I can always find time to meet a cute girl." Mina flirted back.

"So. I would like humbly invite you for a coffee date after you discharge." Chaeyoung took a move.

"Well. I cant say no to my fiance, right?" They both laughed at it.

They knew, they can feel that their heart starting to beat for each other. 

 

Awww~~