(14) 9-1=0 (part 1)

Twice Series

Math. Is weird. 1+1=2. But 0+2 also =2. The answer is the same. If we the hit the calculator for thousands time, the answer still the same. But how could 9-1=0? Is it possible?

THE INFAMOUS DUO MAKE IT AGAIN!

JYP HIGH SCHOOL WON THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP FOR THE SECOND YEAR IN A ROW!

That were the headlines on most of the sport news in the town. JYP High School volleyball team has defend their title as the national champion again this year. The duo were none other than the NoJam sister have lead the team to win. Making the taller as the right spiker gain the title of MVP of the year. The shorter was nothing but proud of her friend.

The two was formed as a duo since elementary school. They were unbeatable. The others said that they bloomed too early. But they proved it wrong. In every new game, the spectator could see that they actually keep improving and kept doing something new. Which was crazy.

"I couldnt do it without you, Chaeng." the taller said during her speech at the celebration party.

"Nah. Its them that helped alot. If not because of their receive, I cant even toss to anyone." The shorter one, was a humble but charismatic, cute but fierce. And loveable. Everyone like her. 

It was 2 months later, when they started their training again. They have been resting from training and they just played around. But it was weird that Chaeyoung didnt fully participate for the training. She stayed outside the court making Jihyo as the main setter for the training. Her teammates were questioning her action. But she just said its a new training for them to play without her and so that she can analyzed their current strength. It was unexpectedly very bad. Worse that she thought. The timing between the setter and the spiker didnt match at all. It was understandable since it was a long time since Jihyo played as a setter. But she thought it will be like this.

"Thats a lot to do." Chaeyoung mumbled by herself.

"Haa. It worse than I thought." their coach, Mr Junho, commented beside her.

"Yeah. They need to get use with this. I will not play with them forever." the both nodded and Mr Junho left to coach the team. Suddenly someone approached her.

"Chaeyoung shi. Why arent you playing?" the latter said.

"Ouh hi Mina shi. I want to look at them playing." she replied.

"Its weird seeing you outside. I like to watch you play." Mina said.

"Yeah. Its feel weird also not playing. But its for the better." Chaeyoung grinned that showing her dimple. The dimple that everyone love. Everyone is itchy to poke that deep dimple of hers. Including the one that ogling over her right now. Right next to her. It was not a secret that Mina has a crush on Chaeyoung. She once confessed to her. But there was still no respond from her.

"And another thing, Mina shi." Chaeyoung looked at Mina. "I think you should stop liking me. The thing you have for me is just an admiration. I believe you can find someone better than me." She said calmly.

"Am I.. getting rejected?" MIna shocked. Who would believe it. Mina was getting rejected. The Myoi Mina. The one with the brain and the face. One of the most beautiful princess in the school. The graceful ballerina. Yes. The Myoi Mina.

"You could say like that. I appreciate that you like me. But I dont think I am the one for you. Look around Mina shi. There is always someone behind you, watching over you." Chaeyoung pat her shoulder nicely when suddenly a strong spike coming towards them.

"Chaeng!" Chaeyoung instantly wrapped Mina in her arms and blocked her from the ball. But there was nothing coming towards them and a punch sound could be hear. Hearing that made Chaeyoung grinned and shout.

"Thanks, Ji!!!" 

"Shut up Chaeng!" She shouted back before running back to her place which was actually on the other side.

"Now now. You are fine. Im gonna play a little bit." Chaeyoung jogged into the court.

Mina on the other side. Jihyo? Well the two of them met 5 years ago, when Mina first came to Korea. She was bullied for her accent and her quietness. And there where Jihyo came in. She was the one that defended Mina from the bullies. They were getting close as time goes by. It was like that until Mina saw Chaeyoung in one of Jihyo's game. She was stunned looking at her. Chaeyoung was like emitting a very bright light around her. It was very amusing. The way she played, the way she lead the team, the way she tossed the ball. It was very amusing. But somehow Mina still kept glancing on Jihyo. Jihyo might not be shining bright like Chaeyoung, but her like was soothing and safe. She felt safe. Now she realised. Chaeyoung's light was the light to brighten someone else, the light was brighten out someone else. Thats how she knew. It was Jihyo's light that she want. When Chaeyoung said to look around, this is want she meant. Now she knew, its Jihyo the heart chose.

A few weeks have past. The team was resting before continuing their training. Chaeyoung approached the two in corner.

"Yo Tzu, Dub!" She sat with them.

"I seriously dont understand what you doing, Chaeng. No wind no rain, you change the training regime." Dahyun sighed and Tzuyu nodded in agreement.

"Well. Now you know your limit. Its good to see you guys go over your limit." Chaeyoung smile. "But thats not what I want to talk about."

The two looked at her weirdly. Chaeyoung hung one arm across Dahyun's shoulder and the other one on Tzuyu's. "My friend. You need to step up your game. Being panic gay is cool. But seeing a fail gay was so dissapointing. Get on your and claim your girl. They obviously like you two too, you oblivious stupid eagle and yoda." Chaeyoung hit their head before running away before they could hit her back. They frown at her while she point her finger showing them that they should remember it. They looked across the gym where the said cheerleaders were chatting happily with Jeongyeon and Joy their other teammate. The closeness doesnt necessary, they thought to themselves. Reminding back to what Chaeyoung said, they determined to step up they game and be a confident gay.

Dahyun. A white pale girl was healthy at first. Bright and cheerful. But it was until then she felt sick and in deep slump. Her body was weak for not exercising and it was very concerning. She was in deep slump that even her first love, the piano could heal her. Even her second love, her puppy, Ari, couldnt cheer her up. Then Chaeyoung came to the picture. Chaeyoung knew about her good reflex. One day she asked Dahyun to join her at training. It was the first time ever Dahyun sweat. She never thought that sport was this fun. She felt in love in instant. Thats not it. She then met with Momo. A puppy who in love with food. That innocent smile. That puppy eyes. Everything about her. Dahyun is not easy to felt in love. Volleyball was an exception. But now, Momo was include in her exception.

Tzuyu. Just like Mina, was a foreigner. Coming alone from a foreign country. But unlike Mina, she didnt get bullied. She instead, the one that scared the bullies. Her dark dementor and her savageness make people hard to approach her. Thats why she doesnt have friend. Her house was dark. She was in darkness that silently begging to be freed. But Chaeyoung. Easily step into her boundary. Just like Mina, she could see the light in Chaeyoung. But for her, the light that help her free from her own darkness. Thats why she will do anything for Chaeyoung. Thats a whip culture people could say. But its true. One day, she went to Chaeyoung's training and just sitting around when there was a ball coming to her. She expressionlessly slammed the ball down making all people gasped at her. Thats how she got into the team. That somehow brighten up her life more. She was getting ready to receive a spike when she caught certain cheerleader laughing across the caught. Her eyes felt on the latter smile. It was so bright and calm. She like that smile. Maybe she was too focus on the girl that she forgot to receive the spike, making the ball hit her head and she felt on the floor. "Im in love." she mumbled alone.

An open tournament was coming in a month. The team was having a party at Jeongyeon's house. It was not a wild one. It just a dinner for the team and the cheerleaders since they were close. The duo was eating their chicken at the balcony.

"You must do well." Chaeyoung suddenly said.

"Of course I will do well. You are there. The team are there." Jeongyeong hit her shoulder.

"No. You must do well even if Im not there too." Chaeyoung took a sip of her cola.

"Why you said like that? We were stuck together until the end." Jeongyeon laughed.

"Yeah. Anyway, Im going home now." Chaeyoung stood up and walked towards the door.

"Already?"

Yeah. Mom is alone. I shouldnt be late." Chaeyoung looked into the house, where her friends was. Mina and Jihyo. Dahyun and Momo. Tzuyu and Sana. She smiled. She felt contented. She then looked at Jeongyeon.

"What? You want to say you love me?" Jeongyeon joked.

"Yeah. I love you, Jeong. I really do." Chaeyoung grinned.

"What bruh. That so gay. It was like . We are brother bruh." Jeongyeon gasped.

"Haha. Anyway. Say that to them too. That I love them. See you on Monday." Chaeyoung left before Jeongyeon could say anything.

But Monday never came.