Half of My Heart

If You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Half of My Heart

 

Bom and Dara decided to go to a café near the Glamor since they’re mostly likely to talk about the Glamor’s offer to Dara to be a part of their designer team. Well, it’s not that it’s new for Dara since she’s been working for them when she’s still in her university in South Korea. However, Bom thought about the conversation of Dara and Jiyong that has been going around her mind for the past few days until she settled herself in their house here abroad.

 

“So, care to share about the conversation with your baby boy?” Bom smiled expectantly as she sipped to the cup of tea she ordered right away.

 

Dara glared at her because she already knows that Bom’s teasing her by calling Jiyong her baby boy. She rolled her eyes before eating her smores.

 

“He just called, Bom. It’s not a big deal,” Bom choked at her drink before chuckling at her reply which earns another glare from her. Well, does it even sound ridiculous?

 

“Not a big deal, eh? But you actually cried for him. Bet you didn’t sleep thinking about how much you miss him. Oh love, what did you do to my girl?” Bom sighed dreamily while smiling. She just loves to tease Dara and she’s always been a supporter of the couple since they started dating in college. Although the couple actually met during their last year in middle school before they entered the university since Jiyong transferred schools during his last year, Bom already expected that they will end up with each other. Every time she looks at Jiyong and Dara when they’re together, she’s always seeing them marrying each other in a church, in front of God, but then who knows that unexpected things might happen? They broke up. And that split their friends into two—the boys and girls. Although they’re hanging out together sometimes, the tension between them isn’t gone.

 

“Shut up, Bom. You’re not helping at all!”

 

“Helping? What? Are you moving on?” Dara rolled her eyes at Bom’s ridiculous question. Of course, she is. Who would even want to be stuck forever loving the same person who hurt her for several times? No one. She’s a masochist and a martyr in one but then, reality knocks her head off and now, she’s trying her best to move on and start a new life. But then, the ghost of the past keeps on hunting him. First, she met Kiera that reminds her of the broken relationship she had with Jiyong and cheating and all; and then she met Mino who reminds him of Jiyong because they actually have a resemblance with each other although Mino’s a bit darker compared to Jiyong and a bit muscular, too. And another thing, Jiyong just called her just to say warm words that could actually melt her heart in an instant.

 

“Oh my gosh! You’re really moving on, what about Jiyong, then?” Bom looks at her with pain reflecting in her eyes. Wait? Was that pain I see? Is she hurting for us? Why?

 

“What about him? He’s got a girlfriend already and he loves her so much, so… what about him, then?” Dara took a sip on her iced vanilla coffee.

 

“Well, I… I just thought that you two are going to be okay… you know… it’s just that you’re so perfect for each other. Too perfect, actually,” Bom smiled bitterly.

 

Dara nods her head before saying, “Yes, too perfect that we ended up hurting each other and leaving each other for the best.”

 

She heard Bom sighed. “What if… Jiyong comes back? And ask you for a second chance?” Bom asked cautiously. Afraid that Dara might lash out on her for touching the sensitive topic. She’s just curious on how Dara would handle the things if it really happens.

Dara smiled a bit and looks directly at Bom’s eyes. “You know that will never happen, right? It’s just not possible, Bom.”

 

“Well, it’s just ‘what ifs’, Dara. It might happen. It is… possible.”

 

Dara shakes her head from left to right. “No, it’s not what ifs and it’s not possible. You see… the moment I agreed to break our relationship and be separated, that’s the t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter