Congratulations

If You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Congratulations

 

"Is Sandara Park he–"

 

Dara heavily sighed. This would be the fifth time that someone's looking for her. They even go to her classroom to look for her, and worst, during her lunch, she can't even stay on the cafeteria to eat so she went outside her university and went to the nearest diner to eat peacefully.

 

"What can I do for you?" She asked softly. The guy in front of her gaped at her timeless beauty. No one would ever know that she's actually a few years older than some students here.

 

"Uh... Um... Our college dean is looking for you. She said that you need to go to her office at the end of your classes or on your vacant time." The guy can't handle staring at Dara's eyes so he tried to bow his head to avoid eye contact with the girl.

 

Dara looked for the guy's identification card and saw that he's actually a senior from her department.

 

"Don't you think it's rude to talk without looking to the one you're having the conversation with?" The terror in guy's face cannot be hidden as soon as he heard what the girl said.

 

He mumbled a soft sorry which makes Dara giggle. The guy looks at her, confusion written all over his face.

 

"Don't worry, you're my senior here and I don't really bite. You should've a little confidence when you're talking to your junior, don't you think?"

 

"Oh... But I don't think I should consider you a junior here. It seems like you've been here for so long..."

 

"Oh, I am a new student here. By the way, Mino, right?" The guy nods his head. "Nice to meet you. I knew you were just like me as soon as I saw you."

 

"Oh, right, you're from South Korea, too, right?" Mino eventually smiles; delighted that he met someone from his home. Dara nod her head as he followed Mino after saying that her professor wouldn't attend their class for today due to some circumstances. They are now going to their Dean's office while conversing happily. Mino actually reminded her of someone. Someone whom she needs to actually forget if she could. Mino looks like him, but he is taller and a little buff than Jiyong.

 

After a few minutes of walking and conversing at each other, they both reached their Dean's office. Mino accompanied him inside before he left to give privacy for their Dean and Dara.

 

"Hello, Ms. Park. Nice to meet you. Have a seat." Dara cleared before smiling and answering her Dean's greeting. She took the seat which is just in front of the Dean's table.

 

"I see that you are such a beautiful young lady. No wonder the university's going crazy over you." Dara mentally groaned. She's not mad about her picture being posted in one of the university's blog but she does not understand the hype over a single picture. The photo is good, great actually. It actually looks like a great photographer captured but who is she kidding? Of course, a talented student who's probably majoring in photography was the one who took the picture.

 

"Oh, thank you, ma'am." Dara smiles as a sign of gratitude.

 

"Do you know why I ask for your presence here, Ms. Park?" The Dean smiles at her and immediately scans the paper in front of her.

 

"I'm sorry but I actually have no idea, ma'am." Dara kept formal but she's actually nervous and having a mental breakdown while thinking of the reasons on why she's here in her Dean's office, exchanging pleasantries with a powerful person.

 

"A company, no, the owner of a magazine called me asking for an interview from you. They actually asked for the institute's cooperation since they want to do the interview here inside our university which is actually great since the university will have an exposure." The Dean smiles at her but Dara can't give it back since she's already thinking on how to reject the offer. She's also thinking if it's Troye's company who pushed through this kind of offer.

 

"Are you up for it, Ms. Park?"

 

"But... I'm sorry. I don't really like having interviews on a famous magazine. My designs are not good enough, Mrs. Lawrence."

 

"Why?" asks Mrs. Lawrence. "It's a good opportunity and don't tell me that your designs are not good enough when all your professors said that you are a great designer. They even compliment you for being their best student." Dara tried to speak but her Dean won't let her.

 

"You can work as a professor here but you decided to apply for scholarships as a student. It's a win-win situation, Ms. Park. It's a good exposure for the university and for you."

 

"I... I don't know what to say, Mrs. Lawrence. I just don't want any exposure like this... I..."

 

"Dear, having an exposure is a great step for building a good career. Besides, this magazine is so famous. It's Elle, dear." Dara's jaw drops. Elle is a famous fashion magazine in the whole world and when someone says 'famous', it's not just famous. Celebrities and non-celebrities know Elle, well, except for those who are not interested for fashion. It's Elle for Pete's sake, so now, how is she going to reject the offer?

 

"Excuse me, Ma'am, I think I heard it wrong? By Elle, you mean..."

 

"Yes, dear. THE Elle we all know. Isn't it great? You're just a freshman here in our university but you're already making us proud." The Dean said while smiling so wide at Dara. She cannot believe what just happened nor believe what she just heard. Those big magazines won't interview someone like me. That's absurd. I am just a student, besides; they won't invite someone who's just starting their career. It's a good opportunity, Dara. Besides, isn't it your dream? It's already h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter