Getting Closer

7 H.A.W.T Guys= Nerds?! WTF.

It was a sunny and hot day despite that fall is coming. You were in the girls' locker room changing into your P.E clothes. 

It was the day that you were going to do the 2.4km run which equals to six laps around the running track. Coincidentally, Hoya, Woohyun, L and Dongwoo were also there. 

After doing stretches, girls were the first to run. You did well but you were extremely exhausted and was already sweating under the heat.  

When the boys were running, you laid down on the grass beside the running track. You sighed and rested your right arm over your eyes, shielding them from the bright sunlight. 

When Hoya was done running, he was panting and headed to the drink machine to get a nice, cold bottle of water. 

On the way there, he spotted you on the grass and tilted his head. And instead, he bought two bottles of water. 

With two bottles in his hands, he walked over to you and pressed a bottle against your hand. 

You felt something cold and you removed your arm. In front of your eyes, was a bottle of water. *What the..* 

Your eyes trailed up the person's arm and it landed on Hoya's face. You got up from your lying position and stared at him. 

"What's that for?" You asked, pointing at the bottle. "For you." He placed the bottle on your lap. 

"No, you don't have to." You grabbed the bottle and handed it back to him but Hoya shook his head, "Keep it. Just think of it as something that I owe you for saving us."  

You hesitantly lowered your arm, uncapped the bottle and took thirsty gulps. Then, you poured the remaining water on your face. 

"Ahh, that feels so much better." You smiled and stretched your arms.

That totally freaked Hoya out, that is the first time he saw you smile. And the weird thing is, he liked it. 

He plopped himself down beside you as he sipped his own drink. You stiffened immediately, you have never been this close to someone like this before except your two best friends.  

You scooted a little bit away from him and Hoya didn't realized it. There was awkward silence in the air and it felt like the same thing that happened to the both of you yesterday. 

All of a sudden, a chirpy voice shouted behind you two, scaring the crap out of both of you. "Yah! Why didn't you tell me that you're here! And man! You already got a girl?!" the voice said. 

You turned around to see Woohyun grinning, behind him was Dongwoo and L. "Oh.. It's you." His happy expression was then changed into a shocked one. 

You rolled your eyes and turned your head back to the front. Woohyun, Dongwoo and L sat with you and Hoya so that you guys formed a circle. 

" I believe that we haven't formally met yet. I'm Woohyun." Woohyun started and held out his hand. The others introduced themselves and you just nodded your head.  

Seeing that you have no intention to shake his hand, Woohyun pulled his arm away. Infinite excluding Sunggyu, Sungjong and Sungyeol chatted among themselves and laughed aloud. You didn't mind that they are not paying any attention to you.  

While they were talking, you were absorbed in your own thoughts. You have been wondering how your best friends are doing, if company is doing good and anything that is related to your life in America. 

"Wanna hear a joke?!" Dongwoo's loud cheerful voice snapped you back into reality. 

Woohyun nodded, leaning in, anticipating something funny. "Okay..." Dongwoo started, "What is funnier than 25?" 

"What?" Infinite asked. "26!!!" Dongwoo said and laughed hysterically. Infinite was at a lost for words. 

 Baffled of why you guys weren't laughing, he asked, "Hey, why aren't you guys laughing?"

You raised an eyebrow, "Because that is so not funny." 

"Wow Dongwoo, that is the lamest joke that I have ever heard." L added in. 

"B-but.. oh nevermind...." Dongwoo muttered and lowered his head in shame. That actually made you smile. 

Infinite except the three sungs saw you smile and stared at you in shock, they never actually thought that you were the kind to smile but I guess that they were wrong.

*I actually saw her smile twice today.. that is so rare.* Hoya thought to himself.  

*They are actually not that bad as I thought they would be.. But who knows that they are befriending me just to use me as a bodyguard from Beast but... that doesn't seem like them...* You thought. You still couldn't trust them...yet. 

From afar, Junhyung was watching you interact with Infinite. He, was also shocked to see you smile. *Hmmm.. I guess the nerds got themselves a bodyguard. We have to make sure that she isn't there so that we could continue beating the nerds up.* 

You felt someone watching and looked up. You caught Junhyung looking at you who quickly looked away when he saw you looking. You smirked and glared his way.