Chapter 2

Glory days and ways

Chapter 2

Areum POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our school mails out our schedules over summer so I already know what classes I have with the girls. My schedule is English (me and the girls have been taking this since kindergarten so we are almost fluent now.) Then Science with Mi-hee, Math, Lunch, Korean studies with Eunseo and Jisoo and dance class with all the girls. Our school has a number of arts electives like music and dance. Since we all do competitive dance outside of school we though it would be easy if we took dance class.

I check the time on my phone. 8:23. I am currently in my homeroom with Mi-Hee. Jisoo and Eunseo have homeroom together in another class.

"Ughh this is boring" Mi-Hee says while banging her head on the table.

I laugh at her.

"Yah you better stop or you will get your makeup on the desk."

She lifts her head so fast with wide eyes I can't help but laugh.

"Your so cute Mi-Hee."

She turns and gives me a big smile. She opens and is about to say something but for some odd reason the class went quiet. We turn our heads and realize why. Dae-Jung and Chin-Hwa just walked threw the door. There are only a couple seats left in the class. I turn around and see girls fixing there hair and trying to look cute. I scoff to myslef.

Such wannabes.

My thoughts are interrupted when I hear squeaking from the chairs beside me. Without even glancing at us both Chin-Hwa and Dae-Jung take the remanding seats in the four person row that me and Mi-Hee were sitting at. I glance around the class again and see all the girls giving me and Mi-Hee dirty looks. How pathetic. The bell rings and I turn around to look at the front while I smirk at them and flip my hair.

A new pretty young looking women that I have never seen before walks into the room and smiles at us.

"Anasayo! I am Mrs.Kim and I will be your homeroom teacher, I teach English and I hope we can have a good time and welcome each other nicely.

We all reply anasayo to her.

"So today we have a number of things we need to accomplish. I will hand out forms that your parents need to sign and we will stay together untill lunch. After lunch period you will come back here and then we will go for the opening assembly in the gym. After that is finished you are done for the day and may go home. Tomorrow is the day that regular classes start."

"Okay lets start with your name and what you did this summer, Lets start from the front of the class."

I sit in the third row so I decide to blank out. Quicker then I though it is Mi-Hee's turn and she starts speaking.

"Anasayao I'm Mi-Hee as i'm sure most of you know already. Umm, this summer I didn't go travelling like I usually do so I decided to explore more of Seoul and I went to some pretty cool places with Areum, Eunseo, and Jisoo."

She finishes it off with a pretty smile and I cant help but smile at her. She turns around and smiles at me too.

"What a lovely name Mi-Hee! Alright let's move on too the next person."

I instantley sit up straighter and give a pretty smile.

"Anaysayo I'm Areum" I flip my hair for an added effect.

"Well my summer was much like Mi-Hee's, I just discovered Seoul and hung out with my best friends."

"That sounds very fun girls,  my friends and I did something like that when we were younger too!" Mrs. Kim replied.

I smile at her. I have done a lot of smiling today.

"Alright moving on!"

All eyes are on Chin-Hwa. He leans back and immediatley changes his cold expression to a flirty smile and I basically hear every one in the class fan girl. I have to admit that was one cute smile.

Wait what?!

"Anasayo i'm Chin-Hwa, and oddly enough my summer was very similar to Mi-Hee and Areum."

He glaces at us for a second keeping that amazing smile.

"I hung out with my boys an we did some things that we have never done before in Seoul. It was pretty fun, oh and I spent time with my girlfriend."

I instantley turn around. Girlfriend?! Since when did Chin-Hwa get a girlfriend?! I look at Mi-Hee and she looks surprised too. I have a weird feeling in my gut, but I brush it off.
"Im probably just hungry" I think to myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm standing with the girls at Eunseo's locker.

"I heard the cafeteria is having a welcome back special." Says Jisoo.

"Really?! let's go then!"

We make our way to the cafeteria and earn a few looks from students. You see Chin-Hwa and his friends are the popular boys and I guess me and the girls are considered the popular girls at our school. Some like us, some dislike us, and some want to be us.

We walk to the Cafeteria and I groan when I see a certain someone.

"Guys." I call in a sarcastic tone.

They all turn to me.

"Look who I found!"

Just a few meters ahead of us stands the "queenka" of Seoul High. Park Mina. She is mean and thinks she is everything and has two "friends" that are always with her, named Hyerim and and Nana. Oh and I cant forget, she hates us too.

We almost succesfully walk past her when I hear her clear .

"Well isn't it the core four?!" She says in a sarcastic happy tone.

I turn around around with a sassy look on my face and just stare at her.

"Oh honey you dont have too look so sad to see me" She says.

I roll my eyes.

"Are they giving you trouble babe?"

I turn too see the owner of the oddly familliar voice and my jaw drops.

Chin-Hwa has his arm around Mina and just called her babe.

What?!?!

Im speechless. Chin-Hwa is dating Mina? I am so shocked I guess it showed on my face

"Whats wrong honey? Cat got your tongue?" Mina asks with a smirk.

I roll my eyes but Eunseo does not let us leave without the final word.

"I really thought you could have done better Chin-Hwa."

Mina's jaw drops and I giggle and Eunseo's words.

I flip my hair and link arms with the girls.

"Lets go! I'm hungry, If I stand here any longer I think I might loose my appetite!"

The girls laugh at my comment and we continue to the cafeteia leaving a shocked Chin-Hwa and Mina.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The school had completley re-done the cafeteria during summer and it looks even better then it had before. Im standing in line behind Eunseo and look at the menu.

"Ooohhh they have an italian special with pasta and you get too choose what sauce you want with a side of garlic bread!"

"Hmm sounds good let's get it!" Answers Jisoo.

We tell the lady our orders and grab our plates. Were all standing beside each other and look around.

"Looks like our usual table still isn't taken" Says Mi-Hee.

"Ya because it's the core four's table" I say in a sarcastic tone.

We laugh and walk towards our table

"Can someone please explain to me who made up that name" Asks Jisoo.

"I don't know some students, but its kinda funny."

"Im still so shocked and Chin-Hwa and Mina!"

"I know! Who would of thought!"

"I wonder if the other boys are dating eiether Nana, or Hyerim."

"I doubt it."

"I wonder why he fell for Mina out of all girls though"

Jisoo's question makes me wonder too and I have that weird feeling in my gut again.

"Omo! Omo!! The boys are here!" I hear a group of girls around us say.

I don't even bother looking at the entrance and neither does Jisoo, Eunseo, or Mi-Hee. This thing gets old fast and we have been dealing with it for a long time.

The girls behind us start talking again.

"Wahh is that Mina, Hyerim and Nana with them? Are those groups friends now?"
"Isnt Chin-Hwa dating one of them?!

"Wahh really?!"

"I think I saw Mina on his snap chat story a few days ago so it's probably her he's dating."

"Yahh why her out of all the girls?"

"Carefull dont day that too loud! You dont want anyone to hear you!"

I tune out of the girls conversation and try to focus on my food but I see the boys and Mina's group walking towards our direction. I turn my head and see that there is a couple tables free around us. I look back at my food and try to ignore whats going on. Its hard because the cafeteria is dead silent, everyone wanting to know where there going to sit. Eventually I see them stop in there tracks at a table not far from us. Soon everyone is talking again

"Tsh seriously?! The whole cafeteria went silent for this?!" Exclaims Eunseo.

"I raise my eyebrows in annoyance.

"Apperantley."

"Can we just eat our lunch without someone looking at us or without some news about those stupid groups!" Asks Mi-Hee.

"Do you guys want to sit outside instead?"

"Yes lets go!"

Our chairs make a loud noise when we get up and I can feel many pairs of eyes on us including the boys and Mina.

We silentley pick up our stuff and leave the cafeteria.

"Finally! I hate when that happens! I just want to eat my lunch in peace!" Said Jisoo.

I turn to her with a unexpected sassy tone.

"Welcome to another year of Seoul High."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~