Chapter 8

Glory days and ways

Chapter 8

Areum POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I awaken from the unwanted rays of sunshine seeping through my windows and making it's way right to my face. I flutter my eyes open and look at my clock that is above my makeup table. Its 9:34. To be honest im surprised the clock hasn't broken yet. My grandma gave it to me on my 9th birthday and I have loved it ever since. It has a clear white design with and roses with a light pink outer layer.

All of a sudden the events from last night pour into my head. Chin-Hwa, the fight, and the moment outside the resturant.

What does this mean?!

I try to shake the thoughts out of my head and grab my phone. My eyes widen once I see the amount of unread texts from my group chat with Jisoo, Eunseo, and Mi-Hee. I quickly scan over the messeges.

Jisoo: Guysssss I think Mina broke up with Chin-Hwa!
Jisoo: Check her snapchat story.
Eunseo: OMG what?! Im checking her story now.
Mi-Hee: Just checked it. Whats with the emo messege? Definately has to do with some relationship drama.
Mi-Hee: Thank god they broke up though they were just two annoying people put together. A double negative.
Eunseo: Two negatives equal a positive ! :D
Jisoo: Please Eunseo, this isn't math class.

I put down my phone and let the latest gossip sink in. Mina and Chin-Hwa broke up? I smirk and think how Mina lost. Me and Mina have always had this battle going on between us and dating Chin-Hwa was her way to one up me. But it never fazed me that she dated him. Right?

Stop. Stop thinking about the drama. It's my day off and I need to relax. I can worry about the drama tomorrow. I get out of my bed and hum Blackpinks "Whistle." If you hadn't noticed, I really like Blackpink and i'm waiting for when they announce there first concert dates.

I make it to the bathroom and strip of my clothes. I turn on the handle and hot water begins to pour out. I stand under the shower head and let the water fall all over my hair and body. Steam quickly fills the air and I am engulfed into the soothing warm air.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I decided to treat myself this morning and go out for breakfast. I go towards my closet and get what im going to wear. I pick a fitted white t-shirt dress that has pleads from the waist down and ends at my mid thigh. On top I throw on a baby blue bomber jacket. As for for my shoes I picked a pair of classic pair white shoes but they have a zipper to keep them in place instead of laces. I grab my simple yet classy light brown purse to go and fill it with some essentials. I put a minimul amount of makeup and keep my hair down in its natural suttle waves.

Satisfied, I close my room door and walk down the staires. Looking into the kitchen I find my parents eating breakfast together with Hana.

"Areum, where are you going?"

"Uh i'm gonna grab some breakfast."

"Well why dont you eat with us, we have already started."

"If you have already started without me im sure you dont need me to finish."

With that I turn and walk out the door. I stop at the front step.

Was I too harsh?

No.

I was not.

My resentfullness towards my parents stems from years of unfair treatment between me Hana and Donghyuk. Donghyuk recieved that unconditional love that the oldest child always seems to get. Then Hana was that golden child that they loved. I was always told to look up to her because she always did the "right" thing. My emotions were often casted away as "dramatic" and that I should be like Hana who dosen't talk back.

I sigh. I dont want to think about this. Crossing the street, I decide to not take my car but instead take a stroll through Seoul. I look  around and take in my surrondings. The weather forecast from earlier was wrong because even though it was warm there was no sun. Instead the sky was covered with light gray clouds.

The weather forecast had lied.

Just like many other things I know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had walked into the Cafe and I was immediately put in a better mode. The layout out of this place was so cute and classy.

"Ms."

I turn around and i'm greeted by a handome guy that could not have been older then 17.

"My name is Jinwoo and I will be your waiter today, would you like me to guide you to a seat?"

I nod.

"Alright then, please follow me."

We walk in a single file and stop at a booth in front of a big window that gave a nice view of the stores surrondings.

"Alright here is your menu and I will come back in a couple minutes to get your order."

He turns around but his eyes linger for a second longer then they should. Ignoring it I grab the menu and start scanning through the endless options. It wasn't that hard because I already know I want. Pancakes. I see an option that had two pancakes with a side of eggs and starwberries. I decide thats what i'm going to get.

Closing my books I turn to gaze through the window. It looked like a picture perfect moment. The sun had finally come out and young girls and boys were out playing out with one another smiling and laughing. Cars drove by with happy looking couples and there little children.

"Ms."

I turn back and see that Jinwoo is back at the table.

"Are you ready to order?"

I give him my order and he gives me an unreadable expression.

"Why is a pretty girl like you alone on such a beautiful Sunday morning?"

I give him a sad smile.

"I ask myself that as well."

"Your order will be ready soon."

With that, he leaves.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The food in front of me looks amazing. I hear the front door open again but I dont bother to see who it is. I pick up my fork and cut a slice of the pancake.

It was amazing. I let the flavour melt in my mouth.

"Areum?!"

I look up and gasp.

"What are you doing all alone dear? Are you alright?"

Chin-Hwa and his whole family are looking at me.

"I-I um I Ju-st."

"It's alright dear just say it."

"I-its nothing, im fine."

Chin-Hwa's mom is giving me the "I dont believe you" look.

"Well then, but that still dosen't mean you should eat all alone, here come join us!"

"Oh no, its fine, I dont want to ruin your family bonding, I will just be a burdern."

"Nonsense! Your never a burdern! Now come sit!"

Reluctantly I get up and carry my plate. I get to the table they were sitting at. The only free spot is beside Chin-Hwa on the end. Seeing as me and Chin-Hwa are not on great terms I don't want to sit there.

He looks up at me and gives me a smirk.

"Dont worry I dont bite."

I roll my eyes and sit down.

"Unnie! I like your outfit!" Says Yoona, Chin-Hwa's little sister.

I smile at her.

"Thanks Yoona-ah you look cute too."

She giggles a cute laugh.

"So how is school going for you this year Areum?" asks Chin-Hwa's dad.

"Its going good, nothing hard yet!"

"Thats good to hear."

"Im surprised you havent been caught in something yet Areum, looks like this is your new record." Says Chin-Hwa.

"Ya looks like its going pretty good for you already, its barley been a week of school and you and Mina are already over." I shoot back up at him.

"Alright kids, lets keep it at a happy level here. Why dont we play a game untill the food comes in? Shall we?" Suggests Chin-Hwa's mom.

Oh my god.

I should have just stayed home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm about a block away from home. The breakfast had finished about half an hour ago. I let out a laugh, I just have the best luck. The whole Chin-Hwa situation was a disaster. Well his siblings and parents are nice and all but it was just so awkward because he was there. Reaching my house I search my bag for my key and unlock the door. Steeping inside I notice that there is a number of voices coming from the living room.

"Areum? Is that you?"

"Yes."

"Come to the kitchen please."

Confused, I make my way towards the kitchen and let out a small gasp. Donghyuk was here! With is long-term girlfriend Min.

"Donghyuk oppa! Min unnie!"

I give them big hugs and they laugh.

"How have you been Areum?" Asks Min.

"Good how about you and oppa? Is everything well?

Min looks at Donghyuk with a sparkle in her eye.

"Actually Areum we have somthing to tell you."

"Why dont you sit down and make yourself comfortable?"

Confused, but excited I put my bag on the ground and sit on the sofa.

"Well what do you have to tell me?" I ask confused.

Donghyuk whispers something in Min's ears and she pull her hand from behind her back.

She was wearing a ring.

"We are getting married!!"

My jaw drops.

"WHAT?!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~