Chapter 12

Glory days and ways

Chapter 12

Areum POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I step into my front door and sigh. This week is finally over and now I can focus on the sleepover!

The smile is instantly wiped off my face as I realize I must do all my homework today. I quickly change from my uniform into some comfortable clothes. Grabbing my homework folder from my purse I realise that its not that full.

Yes! I don’t have a lot of homework!

I lay out the work on my desk and grab a hair tie to pull back so I can focus on the work in front of me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I throw my dull pencil across the room and it makes a dent in my perfectly painted walls. I finally finished my stupid homework.

Slipping my work back into it’s folder, I get up and smell an interesting fume.

Oh my god..its me! Without second guessing it, I drag myself to the washroom and turn the water on. Quickly, I strip my clothes off and step foot into the shower. The water is cooler then usual. My typical showers is water that is boiling hot but I decided that I wanted to just casually cool off instead.

Picking up my lavender scented body wash, I watch us bubbles form all around my body. I deeply inhale the scent and I immediately feel at ease. I relax and let loose.

After scrubbing myself clean, I grab a towel and dry my slender figure. Things have been going fast tonight as it is already 8:03. I have finished everything I was supposed to…right?!

Ah! I forgot! I need to get my sleeping bag ready for the sleepover! Excited, I throw on a random pair of pajamas and search my closet for my sleeping bag and purse. Since it's so big I find it fast. The girls are planning to stay the entire weekend at Jisoo’s place, so I must pack a lot! I first put in some undergarments, pajamas, day clothes, my charger, school uniform, books and textbooks, makeup bag, hair essentials, etc. Closing my bag, I realise I forgot something, my bathing suit! I open the drawer that holds my swimwear and debate between them all. I pick a dark blue strapless piece that I had gotten over summer but had not worn. Knowing I have packed everything I zip the bag up and put in a corner with my sleeping bag.

Finding all the pieces was quick, glancing at the time I see that its 8:30. This only took me a little over twenty minutes to do. Even though its still early, I feel so tired. Deciding to call it a night I grab my phone, turn of the main light, and get into my covers. I wrap myself in the blankets then check my phone. I frown as I see no notifications, not even from Chin-Hwa? Just to make sure I go messages and check our chat.

Nothing.

Should I start another conversation?

I stare at my bright screen for so long thinking about what to say, my eyes start to water. I blink hard.

It's just something simple Areum! Why are you stressing?!

My fingers tap on the keyboard and I type a message.

Hey :)

Sent.

Oh no! Was it too extra with the emoji? Ugh whatever forget it! Frustrated I put the phone on my nightstand and don’t even dare to look at it again.

I mean there should be an answer in the morning. Right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beep, beep, beep

I’m instantly wide awake and shut my alarm . Now I know what your thinking, Saturday? Alarm? Well I had to set one because today I am going shopping with the girls and we have a lot to do, so it had to be done in the morning.

I quickly do my usual morning routine then make my way to my closet. I have time, so I want to look good today. Even though its fall in Seoul, its still warm outside. My eyes scan through the different hangers and reach for a light pink skirt. I pair it with a solid white tank top and a knit cream cardigan. I put on some brown lace up boots that have a heel and a brown purse to match. I put my hair in a tall pony and use a hair curler to volumize it. I go for a simple makeup look that has a pink tint to it.

Satisfied with my look, I head downstairs towards my car. I’m supposed to meet the girls at the mall in half an hour and it takes a while to get there so I decide to leave now.

“Oh, Areum you look cute! Where are you going?”

I turn and see Min giving me a sweet smile.

I smile back.

“Thanks, I'm going shopping with the girls.”

‘Oh fun! I don’t want to keep you then, have fun!”

“Bye!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I arrive with some time to spare so I grab breakfast from a café. I go with a simple coffee and cream cheese bagel. Since we were all supposed to meet in front of the book store, I slowly make my way towards the location while nibbling on my food.

A couple of minutes later I recognize the girls who were sitting at a table in front of the book store. I smile as I watch them converse with one another using happy looks and exaggerated laughs.

“Hey girls!”

“Ahhh Areum! Right on time as usual! You have food too!”

“Ya, I didn’t have breakfast.”

“So are you guys ready for the best weekend ever!” Exclaims Jisoo.

“Hell ya! Answers Eunseo.

“I honestly think that should be Eunseo's year book quote, I swear she always says that!” Says Mi-Hee.

We all agree and giggle while Eunseo's face turns red.

“Well lets get shopping! We have a lot of stores to conquer!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm not joking when I say that we nearly bought the whole mall.

Okay, maybe I am.

Each one of us has at least six bags and are struggling to walk properly.

“Guys why are we like this!” Exclaims Mi-Hee.

Despite us all struggling we manage to laugh again.

“Well maybe if Areum didn’t drag us into every single store then we wouldn’t have bought so many things!”

“Yah!” I respond. “Its because of me you guys find all those great items!”

“That’s very true.”

“Never mind, I take that back, Areum we must always shop with you!”

“Haha! Then our cards will suffer.”

Again, a chorus of laughter fills our atmosphere. Finally, we all reach our cars and put our bags away.

“So Jisoo, we are going to your place now?”

“Ya! That’s why I bought all this food stuff! We are going to make a lit dinner!”

“Alright, sounds like a plan!”

We each get into our own cars and drive off to Jisoo’s

Traffic wasn’t to bad so we made it to Jisoo’s house quite fast.

“Alright so let’s get these groceries in and cooking!” Jisoo yells at all of us.

“I’m slightly scared” Mi-Hee whispers to me.

“Me too.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We each carry a couple of bags of groceries into the house and set them on the kitchen table.

“Alright! So I was thinking instead of just ordering food, we can bake and cook our own stuff! It will be so much fun!” Suggests Jisoo.

“Oh my gosh! Yes! I want to bake! I will make some cupcakes and a cake!” I say.

“Ohhh I am joining Areum!” Calls Mi-Hee

“Okay then me and Eunseo are on cooking?” Asks Jisoo.

“Yup!”

“Okay Mi-Hee, lets grab the ingredients. Didn’t we get some cupcake mix?

“Hmm lets check.”

Digging through all the white plastic bags we finally find a box of velvet flavoured cupcake mix.

“Ohh found it!” Mi-Hee says while holding the box high in the air.

“Is there icing?”

“No..I guess we will have to make it ourselves.”

I look at Jisoo who is having a deep conversation about what to make with Eunseo. I interrupt them.

“Hey Jisoo. Do you have crème cheese that we could use for the icing?”

“Ya, there should be some in the fridge.”

Opening the stainless-steel door to her fridge I see the crème cheese bin on the bottom. Using two hands I carry the large bin all the way to the table.

“Alright Mi-Hee I got the crème cheese!”

“Okay lets start baking!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It took us two hours to make everything. Me and Mi-Hee had made red velvet cupcakes with crème cheese frosting and a simple (but delicious looking) chocolate cake. Eunseo and Jisoo made a lot. They made rice, sushi, grilled chicken, and spring rolls.

I put the last dry dish back in its cabinet and plop down on the couch.

“Ah! Finally were done! I don’t know how parents cook like this every single day.” I say.

“Well at least were done! The food looks so tasty guys!”

“Yes im excited to eat!” Squeals Eunseo.

“Its like 4:45 so how about you guys go home, get your stuff for the weekend then we can meet here again and go swimming.

“Sounds like a plan!”

“Okay.”

We make our way to our individual cars and go home.

The trip home was quick all I did was go inside and grab all my stuff then drive all the way back to Jisoo’s place. By the time I arrived I see Mi-Hee and Eunseo’s cars are already here.

I walk straight in because the front door was already unlocked.

“Hey girls!”

“Hey Areum, we are about to go into the pool so just change and meet us outside.”

Quickly I change from my day clothes into my swimsuit and make my way outdoors. Stepping into the pool I see the girls each have a glass filled with a drink.

“Areum, would you like a glass?”

“Of course.”

Eunseo pours me my glass and hands it to me.

“Cheers everyone!” Calls Mi-Hee

“Cheers!”

We click our glasses together then take a long drink, the bitterness of the alcohol goes down our throats.

“Guys we have to take pictures! Eunseo can you grab my phone its behind you on the deck. “

Eunseo reaches and grabs Jisoo’s gold phone and hands it to her.

“Smile everyone, 1! 2! 3!”

Click, click, click

In 10 minutes we basically took a whole photoshoot and have already updated most of our social media. Yes, its typical but that’s the type of girls we are.

"So anyone you girls have your eyes on?

"Nope." Answers Mi-Hee.

"Same." Replies Jisoo.

All eyes are on me and Eunseo as we haven’t said anything yet.

“Ya Eunseo!”

“Ya Areum!”

“You guys like someone?!”

“Well i'm not really sure what our situation is.” I reply.

Eunseo still hasn’t said anything.

“Eunseo you better speak up!” Barks Jisoo.

“I-uh I like-um y-you see I-“

“Eunseo!”

“Fine! I like Jung okay! Its Jung! I have had a crush on him for a while now!”

No one speaks.

Then eveyone speaks at the same time.

“Jung?! Oh my god what?!

“You guys would be so cute!”

“I KNEW IT!”

“Aww I ship it!! Do you guys talk a lot?” I ask her

“Not really besides the times that we are all together.”

Before we could pressure her for more Eunseo quickly changes the topic back to me.

“Who’s the boy where you don’t really know what the situation is Areum?”

“Uhh..”

“Areum!!”

“Its-s, Chin-hwa. I say in an audible whisper.

“What?”

“Its Chin-Hwa, I manage to say in an even lower tone.

“Areum Speak up! We can’t hear you!”

“FINE, ITS CHIN-HWA, I THINK I LIKE CHIN-HWA!”

I immedialtey cover my mouth and I'm scared as I see the wide eyed expression of all the girls.

“I goddam knew it!! Shouts Jisoo. “I knew it!”

“This is too much information for me to take it!” Mumbles a confused Mi-Hee.

“Im actually shook.” Say Eunseo in a faraway tone.

“Who would have thought the all mighty, sassy, no one can bring me down girl, Areum would be having a crush on the schools heart throb?!” Says Jisoo.

“Ah shut up.” I growl.

“Well nothing has happened in Eunseo’s love life, but what has happened to you Areum?!”

So I tell them everything that happened.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Guys i'm starving” I cry out, my growling stomach gives me added support to my statement.

“Its all warmed up! Come eat guys!”

We had finished swimming a while ago and have dried off already. We all changed into pajamas and are about to eat and watch a movie. Sitting in the home theater system, we make ourselves comfy and start to eat the main course.

“Hmm this is good! Eunseo, Jisoo good job on the cooking!”

“Thanks guys it took way too much effort!"

About an hour and a half later, the movie is finished and all of us have stuffed ourselfves with food. The cupcakes and cake turned out perfect and were a great dessert.

"Alright guys! Now its the moment you have all been waiting for!" Shouts Jisoo.

We all look at her confused.

She chuckles our confused faces.
“Its truth or dare time baby!”

Im not going to lie, I’m kind of scared.

We gather in a circle on the floor and I see a new set of cups and a alcohol bottle.

“Alright girls you know the rules, if you refuse to do a dare or answer a truth you have to take a shot, and it might seem like the easy way out but trust me it adds up and sooner then you think your going to be tipsy and telling us all of your secrets anyways!”

We laugh.

“Oh, Jisoo your crazy! I say smiling at her.

“Alright so I will spin the bottle to see who will start then spin it again so that person can pick the truth or dare.”

Jisoo’s hand picks the bottle and gives it a good spin. It goes on for a while and then starts to slow down and lands on…..Mi-Hee.

“Ya! Now I get to pick right?!”

“Yup! Spin again to find your victim!”

Mi-Hee spins the bottle and it lands on Eunseo.

“Oh no.” Says Eunseo with the roll of her eyes.

“Ahhh..Eunseo unnie, truth or dare?

“Truth”

“Have you ever snuck out of your house before?”

Eunseo starts laughing.

“I did once because I had my period and I woke up in the middle of the night and all I wanted was McDonalds, so I climbed down from the tree outside my room got in my car and went through the drive thru and got my burger and fries.”

We were all dying of laughter. My stomach started to hurt, and I couldn’t breathe.

“Eunseo that hilarious! I say breathless.

It take a few minutes for us to calm down, Eunseo spins the bottle for her victim. It lands on Mi-Hee.

“Hmm Mi-Hee, truth or dare?”

“Dare.”

“I dare you to dance to PSY new face and post it on your snapchat story for at least 15 minutes.

“Wah! Eunseo!”

“I will play the music! Calls Jisoo.

“I can record!” I offer.

The music plays, and Mi-Hee starts slow then goes full out. She is flipping jiggling and doing the strangest dance not caring about how she looks like.

Tears form in my eyes and I have to stop recording because I was laughing to hard. Eunseo grabs the phone and quickly posts the video onto Mi-Hee’s story.

Mi-Hee sits down flustered and red faced from her intense dance.

“Alright! Spin the bottle!”
Mi-Hee spins the bottle and it lands on Jisoo.

“Ahh Jisoo unnie.” She says in a menacing voice. “Truth or dare?”

“Truth."

“Who was your first crush?”

“Big Bangs GD when I was 9.”

We burst out into another chorus of laughter.

“Dam Jisoo! You had good taste at 9!”

“Okay Jisoo your turn to spin!”

Jisoo spins the bottle and for some reason it seems to take longer, but it finally lands on…me.

“Ah Areum! Truth or dare?”

I breath in and boldly say the next word.

“Dare.”

The room goes silent.

“I dare you to run into the forest behind my house and sing “All I Want for Christmas” at the top of your lungs.”

My jaw drops, and I just stare at Jisoo. She leans back and has a smirk as she is proud of the dare she just made up.

“Well Areum, you better get going.”

“Wait!” Interferes Mi-Hee. “Shouldn’t one of us go with her so that we can actually see if she did it?”

“Yes, I will go! Declares Jisoo. “I won’t forget to take a video either!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is dark and cold outside, and I also can barley see.

“Yah Jisoo, do I have to do this?!”

“Yes you do…IN 3! 2! 1! GO!”

I sing at the top of my lungs spilling all the fake emotions and even add a little dance for more entertainment. Jisoo was laughing so hard she was rolling on the floor. Literally.

After singing my song I basically run to the house because of how cold I was. I burst through the front door and see Eunseo and Mi-Hee dying at a video.

“Ya Areum unnie! I didn’t know you were such a good singer!”

The girls had tears in their eyes and soon Jisoo walked through the front door and joined in on there laughter. Once they settled down I sat down on the couch and looked at all of them.

“I don’t know about you guys but im exhausted! Im going to bed! Goodnight!”

“I second that!”

“I third that!”
“I fourth that!”

“Guys can’t we just be normal?! I exclaim with a chuckle.

“Nope!” Answers Eunseo.

We laugh for the 100th time that night and make our way to our beds for our much needed slumber.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~